Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 102729 times)

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #675 on: January 29, 2013, 01:29:20 am »

If you want Serena to be in our alliance we are going to have impress her with culture or knowledge unlike Uristel who respects strength of a combatant.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 29, 2013, 01:39:50 am »

We know what Fire can do. Fire is simple. For knowledge, I say we need to tinker, ourselves, with Life and Chaos. And possibly Fire and Chaos, but that spells disaster unless we have a special place to do that in.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 29, 2013, 01:49:42 am »

If you want Serena to be in our alliance we are going to have impress her with culture or knowledge unlike Uristel who respects strength of a combatant.
Yeah, Serena'll be a culture conversion...

So how do we do that? I'm thinking a wonder like the Hanging Gardens. Maybe built on the bottom of our new flying fortress?

Or we could just engage her in discourse. I have a feeling she'll more enjoy having someone who's smart, but not educated about the world, so she can feel important and needed but not feel like we're a stupid weight. Showing her a flair for learning is more important than spouting triva all over. Wisdom or Intellect?

We should ask her what exactly being a god of light entails. Life is all plants and animals, manipulation of such, and several other things besides. Fire is not just flames but heat and passion. Chaos is... Everything that's not order. But what is Light besides firin' lazars and making halo's on top of preachy fuckers? There has to be something else, and instead of puzzling it out (which would be easy and probably correct but wouldn't move us forward) we can use it as a icebreaker to talk to Serena.

Also am I the only one imagining Serena the A.I. from Halo Wars?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 29, 2013, 01:52:42 am »

Ya know, I think y'all have strayed from our roots as a god of chaos. Do I need to inject a bit of insanity here?
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 29, 2013, 01:54:10 am »

Ya know, I think y'all have strayed from our roots as a god of chaos. Do I need to inject a bit of insanity here?
We're changing things like three times a day.

Our people didn't give a single fuck when Slenderman wandered into their village. I think we got Chaos down. Nightmares too.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 29, 2013, 03:25:05 am »

We are forgetting afterlife guards.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 29, 2013, 04:21:19 am »

i though we were trying to be Gandhi, not Saddam Hussein.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 29, 2013, 04:24:01 am »

I am I the only one who thinks that...
a) creating a decease that will kill anyone, including innocent civilians isn't benevolent at all, moving us in a bad guys part of the spectre
b) such an action will lead to severe political disadvantages ( instead the benevolent god who fights a tyranny we become a massmurderer that order rightfully want to destroy)
c) enemy gods aren't idiots. Neither they are weaklings. They'll find a cure. Just in case if you forgot: they have orders of magnitude more mana
d) few citizens of the empire will consider to switch to the god, that killed their relatives with a plague and will fight against Donut till the end
e) consequences of bad rolls when making that  will be severe
f) protecting existing worshipers and getting new ones should have priority over making WMDs
g) we should lay low and not provoke the empire to divert more forces on us
?

I have to agree. This will ruin our image with everyone, and a god of death, ice, and order has plenty of ways to stop it. Either way, this will make us a true threat in their eyes, and we will face their true wrath, not a disgruntled underdeity.

+1

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 29, 2013, 04:27:19 am »

I just ask all the - "weapon of doom" party. Guys, stop trying to win and find an optimal strategy. It's about a story, not numbers crunching

As for the angels it's in an invisible  after the afterlife list,

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 29, 2013, 04:29:59 am »

I just ask all the - "weapon of doom" party. Guys, stop trying to win and find an optimal strategy. It's about a story, not numbers crunching

I agree wit UR. We do not need fungus sleepers.

Why do that when we spent 250 mana and a fantastic dice roll on making a pretty much perfect spy/assassin race (Jaras/tallmen/slendermen) that is also sentient and intelligent?

I'd much rather use the Jaras than some sort of wannabe-WMD.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 29, 2013, 04:42:44 am »

I'd like to see Jaras as rather peaceful  spies, messengers and protectors... spec ops, but peaceful spec ops, that use their natural weapons only when absolutely necessary
 and prefer to avoid combat and destruction...

You know what I'd really like to do? Send him to Serena. To learn in her schools, to become wise and so on... Yes, we should take some precautions to make him not worship Serena, but...
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 29, 2013, 05:02:43 am »

I agree with the not trying to win. However we have Maher slinking around our borders doing god knows what(heh), we have an alliance of gods who are hell-bent on making the world monochrome, and a most likely Malevolent chaos deity beyond them. I don't know about you, but I like this little niche we've carved out for ourselves. So we should do anything, and everything in our power to give ourselves an advantage over the literal "millions" of threats we have to face.     

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 29, 2013, 05:17:47 am »

I agree with the not trying to win. However we have Maher slinking around our borders doing god knows what(heh), we have an alliance of gods who are hell-bent on making the world monochrome, and a most likely Malevolent chaos deity beyond them. I don't know about you, but I like this little niche we've carved out for ourselves. So we should do anything, and everything in our power to give ourselves an advantage over the literal "millions" of threats we have to face.     

But doing what you and others are suggesting could lose us the support of Krait and Uristiel, distance us from Serena and fortify the EoT's case against us and make it look more worthy.

And do you really think that all those gods, that have several thousand and maybe even several tens of thousands of points of mana per day pouring in, would not be able o stop our little idea?

And i see Maher as more a possible ally. he doesn't seem to be serious half the time and e is a schemer for the sake of scheming.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 29, 2013, 05:41:25 am »

But doing what you and others are suggesting could lose us the support of Krait and Uristiel, distance us from Serena and fortify the EoT's case against us and make it look more worthy.

And do you really think that all those gods, that have several thousand and maybe even several tens of thousands of points of mana per day pouring in, would not be able o stop our little idea?

And i see Maher as more a possible ally. he doesn't seem to be serious half the time and e is a schemer for the sake of scheming.
I understand, and agree. I personally like the sleeper however I think it's abhorrent to use on a civilian population. I didn't want a sleeper truth be told. I wanted a weapon that could be dropped or launched into enemy armies to thin ranks, and spread like wild fire. It wasn't meant to be subtle, it was meant to be very visible, and horrifying. To destroy moral, and give an edge. The sleeper is an excellent concept however. I would request it be used only as a last resort. I want serious thought put behind it. We are not monsters who destroy innocent people. Hell I would regret using on soldiers. If they come at us in full force, and we have no choice I still want you to hesitate before using it. This thing whether subtle, or overt is a horrifying abomination. So think carefully you can't take it back once you unleash it.         

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 29, 2013, 06:08:17 am »

I am I the only one who thinks that...
a) creating a decease that will kill anyone, including innocent civilians isn't benevolent at all, moving us in a bad guys part of the spectre
b) such an action will lead to severe political disadvantages ( instead the benevolent god who fights a tyranny we become a massmurderer that order rightfully want to destroy)
c) enemy gods aren't idiots. Neither they are weaklings. They'll find a cure. Just in case if you forgot: they have orders of magnitude more mana
d) few citizens of the empire will consider to switch to the god, that killed their relatives with a plague and will fight against Donut till the end
e) consequences of bad rolls when making that  will be severe
f) protecting existing worshipers and getting new ones should have priority over making WMDs
g) we should lay low and not provoke the empire to divert more forces on us
?

I have to agree. This will ruin our image with everyone, and a god of death, ice, and order has plenty of ways to stop it. Either way, this will make us a true threat in their eyes, and we will face their true wrath, not a disgruntled underdeity.

+1
+1
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 72