Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: working with refuse as reagent type  (Read 758 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
working with refuse as reagent type
« on: January 30, 2013, 08:00:19 pm »

I can't find any sample reactions that use a refuse class item as a reagent type. I am wanting to build a custom workshop (compost pile), and a few custom reactions (process refuse into compost, produces "compost bag", and "produce potash from compost"), but I need a reagent string for refuse class items.

How do I assign a refuse class object as a reagent for a reaction?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: working with refuse as reagent type
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 08:08:50 pm »

...sort it out, I don't remember which item types are refuse off the top of my head.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 08:15:50 pm »

Joy...... (sarcasm)

Oh well. Looks like it will have to be *several* reactions, for each TYPE of refuse. If I turn them all into the same "compost" powder object, then it won't matter. Just that the compost bin workshop will have a crazy number of options.

Ok, on the issue of refuse clothing, is there a way to check an item for a quality level? That way I can compost XXsocksXX.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 08:22:10 pm »

Ok, on the issue of refuse clothing, is there a way to check an item for a quality level? That way I can compost XXsocksXX.
Not that I know of. Also keep in mind that the system for dealing with body part refuse can get a little buggy right now as well.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 08:38:46 pm »

I won't be trying to preserve the MAT, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Essentially, a powder object "compost" will be the new material type. Even if I have to fake things a bit and define it as an inorganic type, and hard assign it as the result material type, I will be happy. I just want to get rid of all the large roaches, dead pixies, dead rats, horned lizards, giant toads, and rotting lucky pairs of socks laying around in the refuse bin and actually get something out of them.

This could be especially useful on embarks that lack wood or cavern access, and have no magma.

(Processing refuse to ashes, and refuse to charcoal solves a LOT of problems)