Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moods  (Read 1606 times)

thburns

• Bay Watcher
  • I came, I saw..... It sucked!
    • View Profile
Moods
« on: January 30, 2013, 08:56:58 am »

I was told to bring this issue here as I found it deals with mods. Notably the modest mod merged with accelerated, and DFHACK. So here is a copy-paste of my initial post. The main point of interest in these forums is the two edits at the bottom. Small wall/fortification, following.

Ok so I have had 3 dwarfs recently in this 2 decade old fort have mood swings/problems (love plays on words). Anyhow they have been the only ones to have this issue, which leads to their inevitable demise.
Basically, I have what they ask for, more than enough. Some of it they grab, other things they don't. It was the first few times I used DFHACK's showmood, and saw that they gathered somethings, and not others. The last  needed, but would not get: logs, bones, or metal bars.

No- items needed are not forbidden.
Yes-there is access to all items needed.
No- items needed not being hauled.
Yes- some are in bins (I have had none of the problems/bugs with bins others have had).
The wood and bones were 5 easy steps away, but the bars a good 70+. Which never gave anyone else problems.
It is V3.4.11. Modest mod merged with accelerated mod (which is one complete mod).

I have searched for answers but none of them are: relevant to this version, or had answers to my problem.
So, Can someone help? Or is there a bug I'm not aware of?

EDIT: WTF!!!!!! Now I have one at my magma forge. hit q.... What a freakin suprise I have everything he needs... DFHACK, showmood..... WOW! HOLY Dumbass dwarf Batman, he has gathered everything he needs. BUT, Urist McDumbass won't start his creation. He has been sitting there for days!

EDIT#2: Ok not going into details, but I think I found the problem. This mod seems to have negated yarn! If someone could tell me, step-by-step-step, how to use DFHACK's changeitem command. To turn silk cloth into yarn cloth, I would appreciate it so much. I tried every item ID for yarn and such I could find on the wiki, but I must be doing something wrong.
If only life and parenting were as easy as "Dwarf Fortress"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Moods
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:03:11 am »

Unfortunately, "yarn" cloth is defined as cloth made with a material with the [YARN] token. This is almost always creature stuff. Not sure if Accelerated mod has a generic creature with a YARN mat.

thburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 10:13:34 am »

I've done it!!!!! I simply added the [YARN] tag in the material_template_default file, at the hair_material section.

From the purchase screen, I can buy hair threads, hair clothes, hair bags... I'll test it in real life to see if the whole process works...

Edit: yes, it works. I have a brand new hair shirt, made from hair cloth. I'm satisfied with this, the last puzzle in my extremly accelerated fortress has been solved.
I read this on page 6 herehttp://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117954.75 I just dont know how to go about doing it. Where the files are pr anything.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 10:29:11 am »

They're in the raw/objects folder.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 12:47:41 am »

Any particular type of wool?

In the future, use/ take from DFHack, “changeitem info”.

Example:
1) highlight tabbed silk in the z screen stocks menu.
2) Changeitem m CREATURE:SHEEP:HAIR force (force because otherwise, silk will not turn into hair, I checked.)  Pick your animal of choice and click away. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 12:48:53 am »

Any particular type of wool?

In the future, use/ take from DFHack, “changeitem info”.

Example:
1) highlight tabbed silk in the z screen stocks menu.
2) Changeitem m CREATURE:SHEEP:HAIR force (force because otherwise, silk will not turn into hair, I checked.)  Pick your animal of choice and click away.

The problem is that accelerated mod probably removes SHEEP:HAIR.

thburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 12:49:52 am »

It does, but with some instruction from the mods thread I added it back in.