Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Prehistoric Man - Second Release  (Read 9989 times)

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Prehistoric Man - Initial Release
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 08:43:32 am »

Looks pretty nice might i suggest as he said dinosaurs to add a special megabeast similar to T-rex's and others but more.. dwarfy apperiance? other than that im gonna give it a try now

I'm guessing you missed this post on how I am going to mod them.

Feathers or something? The raptors of today are birds, after all.

Carnivores would have to change to be able to compete with the dragons.  Some would gain an acid bite and increase in speed (Modified Raptors) while others would evolve a second, third, or more heads in order to take advantage of all possible meals they come across (Modified Tyrannosaurs).

Herbivores would need better defense such as stronger/actual plating on their backs (Modified Ankylosaurs) and/or increased speed (Modified [insert_small_herbivorous_dinosaur]) to guard from the carnivores.
Ah well my bad was read off my phone so my apologies

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 09:55:52 am »

I'm thinking of things that are actually possible by modding, but all I'm getting is nomadic tribes.

Things I'm not sure about:
sun-dried bricks
cement
plumbing
leather tents/ walls
funeral pyre

The first two and the leather walls could be modded in, but plumbing you need to work out yourself in game, as well as the funeral pyre.

Ah well my bad was read off my phone so my apologies

Understandable.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BronzeAge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 06:06:09 pm »

I meant have the pyre count as an actual burial instead of just burning bodies.Like I said, I'm not too sure that's actually possible by modding.
I have no idea what I meant by plumbing. It might have been like old Roman plumbing, I think.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 06:18:42 pm »

I meant have the pyre count as an actual burial instead of just burning bodies.Like I said, I'm not too sure that's actually possible by modding.
I have no idea what I meant by plumbing. It might have been like old Roman plumbing, I think.

Pyre counting as an actual burial cannot be modded in.

Roman plumbing was just funneling water into the city via stone aqueducts and sending it down into the sewer, which is possible to create in-game.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 03:50:11 pm »

Here's an idea I've been thinking about:  I've been playing the "Masterwork Mod" which has workshops that need the products of other workshops (some including "blueprints" bought via caravans or researched via a workshop), and I was thinking that would work very well retroactively for a "beginning of history" type of game.  Have one workshop (A fire-pit, maybe?) spawn all the rest.  The trick would be in making the rest either require a certain skill level to produce at all (maybe "architecture"?) or (and this one I'm not sure is possible) make new workshops be products of a "fey mood/possession" inspiration.  Instead of a useless widget, a new type of workshop design pops into the individual's head.  If that was possible, then maybe make useless widget inspirations only possible when the requisite workshops are already unlocked.  I don't know if that is even possible, but it sure would be cool)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 04:02:58 pm »

-snip-

I am doing that for all my custom workshops via the 'inventor's workshop', but I don't think I can modify the other workshops to require new materials.  Workshops requiring a certain skill level are impossible, and I would rather not have the materials (you can't change moods to have them construct a workshop) to make one only possible through moods in order to allow the full content to be possible.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 04:07:24 pm »

I just checked out the wiki entry on dwarven "strange moods" and it says that certain professions are given "lottery tickets" to get one.  If the game could be modified so that only architects could receive "strange moods", then the "artifact workshop" would be able to be implemented.  What would be very interesting, is that the individual who was able to complete an artifact workshop would get 20,000xp in whatever skills that workshop needed plus "teaching", and could then take on apprentices from the rest of the tribe to teach them how to use the new skills.  Heck, if you modded the "strange mood" to be instant success/failure, then you'd either have a blessing from the gods or a curse.  Basically, either the individual gains sudden insight into whatever special skill pops up, or is struck with any number of maladies instead, including the classics: creature/FB transformation, turned to stone/water/fire/salt, ect..., cursed to be a were creature or struck with plague.

Now that would certainly give the tribe/s some interesting history.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 04:08:29 pm »

Oops! didn't see your reply - sorry.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 05:29:31 pm »

Oops! didn't see your reply - sorry.

Actually, the curse idea could work by having a special item that could not be produced by any other means have a syndrome-mist attached to it that would produce the curse.  Blessings could be handled in the same way.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Prehistoric Man - Second Release
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 08:03:39 pm »

Second Release

Includes the following:
Wheat
Dinosaur Variants
Domestication (only horses and donkeys will have [COMMON_DOMESTIC])
Mechanisms (only going to be used to create millstones, for now)
A world-gen file

Leather building materials has been temporarily postponed until cement and sun-dried bricks are implemented.  The trouble I am having with those is my lack of knowledge on how to add water to the reactions.

Note:
Wild magic has not been changed due to my trying to fix it only making it worse.

In the regular mod, two errors that I cannot account for are occuring, the feather color for the vierodactyls is not being recognized, nor is the sleinoraptor tongue.  Neither of these should affect gameplay much.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Prehistoric Man - Second Release
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 09:36:17 pm »

I need to know how to utilize any form of sand in a reaction.  Anyone got any ideas?
Pages: 1 [2]