Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

Human guild representative has gone berserk?

(1/2) > >>

Felix the Cat:
Hmm. A human guild representative arrived with a caravan. The first screen of the trade agreement sequence appeared when he met the Broker. No other screens ever showed up; I assumed it was because they were interrupted by one of the gremlins that has been popping up at random. I didn't really give it much thought, mostly because the screens weren't showing up on a separate (RL) day from when the representative arrived, so I forgot about the humans altogether.Just now - maybe 1 month after the representative arrived - he went berserk, completely randomly. There had been a tower-cap blocking the exit, but I chopped it down some time before he went berserk (there was plenty to eat and drink anyways). The only other oddity was that the actual human caravan had been interrupted and scared away by a kobold attack; the guild representative and his bodyguards ran into the fortress and had been wandering around ever since.Why would a guild representative go berserk?

Felix the Cat:
Update: after chopping off one of my pet rhesus macaque's feet, he was killed by his own bodyguards...

kuro_suna:
iv had the human caravan get scared away and ditch the representative in my fort before but he always conducts the trade agreement and leaves normally

John Johnston:
I've seen a similar thing happen when a human caravan was massacred by goblins leaving only the negotiator and bodyguards; after a prolonged period of confinement the human went nuts (melancholy rather than berserk, but hey).  It might be inability to sleep that's doing it?

Delton:
In my current fortress, pretty much every time a caravan comes in and visits my trade depot, they leave behind some guards or mules that stand around for about a year before going berserk. If its red-exclamation-point crazy they attack my dwarves and get put down, if its blue-exclamation-point crazy they loaf around until they starve. Either way, my dwarves get their loot. I always feel bad, and secretly suspect I am being charged for the gear, so I always give the merchants a ton of extra mugs. Its actually cool to get useful weapons and armor from them for a change. Unfortunately, I also think it is counting against my war-tally, and that any day now the humans or elves will show up to fight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version