Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: More leather mod (why not incorperate into your mod)  (Read 46021 times)

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
Re: More leather mod (real mod not asking for help)
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 01:22:22 am »

Fairly nice solution here. I do like the variableness of it much better than my fix of changing the output of the tanning reaction to make 5 leathers per hide. Think I might actually have to mod this fix in. Though it does unfortunately kill the fun from having hides around in evil biomes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 07:39:49 am »

it still has the bone tag, so why not? Only test will show
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 08:23:32 pm »

Making Bones into globs upon butchering interferes with the native bone reactions.  The game no longer recognizes the bone globs as body parts, and as such, the hard-coded reactions cease to function.

You can add additional bone materials to the body_detail_plan:standard_materials, calling out the bone template, and additional tissues to the body_detail_plan:standard_tissues, by adding in new tissue templates that direct to the new local_creature_mat for the additional bone materials.  Then all you have to do is add in new body parts that use the new bone tissues that use the new bone local_creature_mats, and boom!  You will have additional bones that stack into separate stacks for each duplicate bone material.  May or may not be worth it, depending on how much modding of material_template, tissue_template, b_detail_plan_default, and body_plan RAWs you want to do.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 03:50:44 pm »

Well, I dont want more bones, just be able to use bonestacks one bone at a time.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 11:02:15 am »

The only way I know of to separate the bones of creatures into more stacks, yet still have the game treat them as bone body parts, is thus:
  • create new local creature mats, something like Bone_1, Bone_2, Bone_3, ect. with each one using the Bone template.
  • Designate new tissues using the new bone mats.
  • Create a new body_plan (probably lots of body_plans) for the creature where different body parts (upperbody, lowerbody, arms, legs, hands, ect.) cycle through the different bone tissues.

Then when you butcher the animal, the number of stacks of bones should equal the number of different bone tissues in the creature that have unique material ID's (though they can all be from the same material template), so long as the body parts associated with those bone tissues are large enough to yield a butchering return.

The number of bones in each stack will be dictated by how many different butcherable body parts containing that particular bone tissue exist in the creature.

Its not quite hoops as fuck, but it is still kinda labor intensive.  It would be an easy mod to just change the b_detail_plan_default and body_default files to apply these changes to all creatures using the standard templates, but I've found that any changes to body_default disables stockpiling of body parts and remains.  Your skins, horns, hooves, bones, ect.  will just stick around in your butcher shop until queued by another job in another shop.  To avoid stockpiling issues, you would need to create a new body_plan file, and edit each creature to use the new body_plan.

I originally planned to release a mod that did this (splitting creature bone stacks) but I decided it against it because I would either need to mod a bunch of creature raws, which could cause mod conflict, or fuck up the user's stockpiling.  If anyone can figure out a way to split bone stacks that is readily compatible with other mods and unobstructive to gameplay, I would tip my hat graciously to them.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 01:32:49 am »

Huh....that's weird...I can't get this mod to work, and I have no idea why.

I added the tags to the materials template and modified the tanner reactions...in theory, everything should work...I am really stumped as to why it's not working.

Has anyone else had difficulty with this mod?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 01:40:07 am by evictedSaint »

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 01:40:25 am »

I added the tags to the materials template and modified the tanner reactions...in theory, everything should work...I am really stumped as to why it's not working.

I DID have luck doing this to my game save, and did not have to make a new world, so there is one confirmation that it works.

On that note, did you change both the raw folders? The one in the base folder, and then one in your save folder? That could be it.

Good luck!
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 04:28:31 pm »

I DID have luck doing this to my game save, and did not have to make a new world, so there is one confirmation that it works.

On that note, did you change both the raw folders? The one in the base folder, and then one in your save folder? That could be it.

Good luck!

I went as far as to gen a new world.  To clarify, animals all now drop globs called "[ANIMAL NAME] skin [NUMBER]", but I am unable to tan it.  It's peculiar, since the skin template still has
    [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:LEATHER]
    [REACTION_CLASS:SKIN]
and the tanner reaction has
   [REAGENT:A:1:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][UNROTTEN]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT]

It seems that my tanner shops no longer recognize the globs as valid for tanning, despite the globs having the TAN_MAT tag and the reaction using GLOB's with TAN_MAT. 

On an additional note, the skin now gets put in the food stockpile, rather than the refuse stockpile.  Not sure if that is significant.

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 04:36:12 pm »

Would you mind posting your Edited files in spoiler tags? 

One of the suggestions in the first few posts was adding [DO_NOT_STOCKPILE] as well.  That should keep it form getting hauled off.
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 04:53:35 pm »

Sure thing!

Edited TAN_A_HIDE reaction:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edited SKIN_TEMPLATE:

And I'm pretty certain it doesn't matter, but the LEATHER_TEMPLATE has a very minor mod:

As for the skin getting hauled off, it's not a problem (since GLOBS belong in the food stockpile anyways, and it would suck if my skin rotted before it could get tanned).  I was just mentioning an oddity.

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2013, 05:27:44 pm »

evictedSaint... are you by chance, 'Saint' on DFFD?  You are using my mod!   :D

I can confirm that NO, the modifications to the leather template do not affect it.  I am using them myself  :P

From what I can tell, your reaction is incorrect. 

the 6th line should read:
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:1:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SKIN][UNROTTEN]
You are missing the Reaction_Class tag.  Otherwise, things look okay!

If you still have trouble, let me know.  I can provide a copy of the Raws I am using that are working.
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Community Web Fortress

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2013, 06:00:51 pm »

evictedSaint... are you by chance, 'Saint' on DFFD?  You are using my mod!   :D

Oh hey! I didn't even realize! ^_^

the 6th line should read:
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:1:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SKIN][UNROTTEN]
You are missing the Reaction_Class tag.

DERP, yep, that cleared up my case of idiot pretty quick.  I was using [USE_BODY_COMPONENT] instead of [REACTION_CLASS:SKIN] because I don't know why. 

Thanks!!!

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2013, 06:16:44 pm »

Glad I could help!

By the way, the new version adds this to it as well.  it should be posted now.  Thanks sackhead!
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Community Web Fortress

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2013, 07:55:55 pm »

Sackhead, thanks again for this great idea. I have incorporated it into the next MasterworkDF release.

I use 4 skin globs per leather, tough leather, scale and chitin, 2 for drakescale and 1 for shells, since creatures still give only 1 shell. This way you get these amounts:
1 kitten = no leather
1 cat = 1 leather
1 cow = 3 leather.

I have yet to test it with bigger creatures, like elephants, or my dinosaurs.

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2013, 08:15:35 am »

Making Bones into globs upon butchering interferes with the native bone reactions.  The game no longer recognizes the bone globs as body parts, and as such, the hard-coded reactions cease to function.

Hmm, what if you made bones drop globs of "raw bone", and added an automatic reaction called "Clean bones" to process those into actual bone?

That would actually even be realistic: IRL, you don't want to use bones fresh from the butcher for crafting, unless you want your crafts to rot and stink.  You need to clean them first to remove any flesh and marrow.  You could maybe even have the bone cleaning reaction produce some edible / cookable bone marrow as a byproduct.
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5