Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Obscure Pen-and-Paper RPGs Thread: Post your finds and thoughts!  (Read 8251 times)

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
Re: The Obscure Pen-and-Paper RPGs Thread: Post your finds and thoughts!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 04:17:43 pm »

I want to add a very cool and free RPG I found a few months back. If you are into the old school days of original D&D, box sets or otherwise, this game as well as a few others really capture the play style of yesteryear.

The game is called Old Scool Hack, free PDF is here: http://www.oldschoolhack.net/

It's a short read and the layout is very nicely done. Do yourself a favor and check it out, NOW!
I got nothing

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 06:31:00 pm »

Just to get it out of my system.

Related, there is going to be another Japanese game by the same author (I think) being translated by the same person. It's called Golden Sky Stories and there is going to be a Kickstarter in April, most likely. Super excited!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 08:25:10 pm »

I never felt it was that obscure, but I can never find any groups to play.

Traveller.

Basically all encompassing Space Opera Sci-Fi rpg. It covers being able to play almost any sort of setting you'd want from Star Wars-esque, to Star Trek, to Firefly, Babylon 5, or Battlestar. And the rules are pretty damn good even if you never go into space.

Almost any of the editions are fine to play, but I personally got attached to the version put out by Mongoose Publishing.
Pages: 1 [2]