Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Genesis Mod] I am legend - what now?  (Read 1539 times)

Maximiliator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Genesis Mod] I am legend - what now?
« on: January 22, 2013, 03:46:32 pm »

I started out as a dwarfen hero, and gained legendary skill in fighter and axedwarf. I destroyed a titan and a chimera. The last quest took me an hour to complete, because i had to manually hike the mountains for a LONG way. This next quest lies even further into the mountains, and i cannot fast travel there. But it is the only quest i can get now. The lord says that he ll have more once i complete this one. Is there any other FUN stuf to do/kill without doing the quests? I would really like to find an army to kill, or a place where there are many big monsters !

I hopde there is some sort of way to MOAR FUN :)

Best regards,

Max

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: [Genesis Mod] I am legend - what now?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 03:54:07 pm »

Dig a fort down to [SPOILERS] and fight [CLOWNS].
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 03:59:49 pm »

There is a bug now where every time you get far enough away from a necromancer tower, all the zombies and necromancers respawn when you come back. Sometimes zombies spawn with pickaxes (even steel pickaxes) so you could get a really decent weapon this way. You might have fun personalizing a lair somewhere with all the loot you get off zombies. I don't know anything about genesis that might make this better or worse.

Maximiliator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 04:24:15 pm »

i already got a steel battle axe (started with it as dwarf). My equipment is all iron.

Another question: I encountered a tower and started killing all the zombies. I met the necromancer who keeps summoning them, but he is a "human fish dissector" and if i try attacking him the usual "Do you really want to... alt-y " thing pops up... Will the civ go aggro if i kill a necromancer who keeps summoning zombies whho try to eat me???

THANK YOU FOR ANSWERS !!! :)

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 06:13:27 pm »

Regarding quests - you can get a fistful of quests from ordinary citizens - just keep asking for "service" in the dialogue screen until they go "isn't this enough danger for you?" or "i don't have anything worth your while". This works even if they begin by saying "You're a great hero, ask <insert noble's name> for a quest". In towns, the people lounging around in the keep often have other quests available than the folks in the town proper. Unless your world is really tiny, you shouldn't have emptied the place of quest targets by the time you got a weapon skill to legendary.

In addition, spamming "surroundings" should reveal locations of interest, although that's totally random and of course you won't have the quest markers to tell you which of the five lairs next to the town you haven't visited and emptied yet.

Dunno about the necro; with a vampire, i could recruit some as followers, but of course they still went insta-hostile the moment we entered a village (yes, hostile to me as well...). It might be that they're still counted as members of some friendly civilisation?

Nedinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 08:00:44 pm »

Silly me thought this was a post about a mod based off the movie I Am Legend :D Oh, and I've been having sort of a similar problem like the necro. I started trying out the serpentfolk race and started in a dherim hamlet. I can talk to people no problem, get quests and the like, but I can attack some of the villagers without a caution popping up. It seems to just be random. Normally, I could just ignore it and be really careful about moving so I don't try to move into the same sqaure as one, but the problem comes along when I have to crawl under someone's feet. I can't crawl under someone's feet if I can attack them. Also, they aren't aggro to me at all until I accidently attack them.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 09:51:14 pm »

Well unfortunately, Adventure Mode kind of ends when you get max stats in everything, the only option you CAN do now is switch to Fortress Mode or wait for the next version, there is a point where Fortress Mode ends aswell.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 08:50:21 am »

Well unfortunately, Adventure Mode kind of ends when you get max stats in everything, the only option you CAN do now is switch to Fortress Mode or wait for the next version, there is a point where Fortress Mode ends aswell.
hmm I must be reaching that point since current plans are figure out what to do in fort mode with any adventurer and see if I can take over and conquer a human fortress.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 10:58:40 am »

Well there is a point where fortress mode ends I guess, but there also is an almost unlimited amount of ways you can play fort mode. If you feel like normal fortress is too easy give yourself few restrictions like no cage traps or no mechanics. You can also crank up the difficulty by starting out in a terrifying glacier breaking into the cavern as soon as possible.

I highly recommend playing without cage traps atleast because if you got loads of wood you can practically prevent 95% of all attackers with some clever use of the pathing mechanics.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 05:18:02 am »

Recruit several dozens of cooks and potash makers from nearby village and go down gloriously fighting the horde of kobold ambushers.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

killerx243

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 10:29:43 am »

Go out to the docks everyday and look for survivors.