Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 64514 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 08:35:38 pm »

Roll 1

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Somewhere, deep beneath the surface of Kepler...
Quote from: Unholy_Pariah
become sad because of waitlisting, lurk in shadows

You crawl along the cavern floor, cursing your tiny feet to yourself. Up ahead, you sense the sound of water flowing. There must be a river up there, in which you can probably find some delicious cave fish and glowing lobsters.

Back in the interrogation room...

Quote from: HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan
Read off what the guards told me his crimes were.

You ask the Ross officer next to you what the prisoner stole.

"Oh, he stole a warp crystal. We caught him out in the wasteland after a Psy-Lock went off."
The officer turns to face the prisoner.
"We couldn't find it on him, so if you could use one of your vigilante tricks to... make him listen, we could "

Quote from: superBlast, AKA Ryan
((Um... do I reply to that one?))

"I'm afraid I really have no idea what you're talking about. What's a Psy-Lock?" you ask, legitimately confused.
"If what I did was illegal, I'll give it back."

The Ross officer responds, "We have the evidence. Returning it won't do you any good, because you don't have it on you and you have to be a complete idiot to steal a warp crystal out of a diplomat's starship expecting to get away with it."
He turns around, giving the others an order before going.

"See what he remembers. Afterward, bring him to the Ring."

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
Davis observed the proceedings for now, seeing how this interrogation would go.

You wonder what the "Ring" is. Knowing that warp crystal theft is a felony, you presume it's where executions take place. Another life wasted, it seems.

Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt

Oh this will be great. A simple door is no match for my outstanding intellectual superiority!

You affix your goggles to the door in order to activate the military grade door-breaching radar. It projects a map of sounds and other indicators made by living things. You wait a few moments for the program to complete, then hold on to your Goggles and focus your mind.

--

Zacharias had been ordered to patrol the northern wing of the station. Grumbling about his duty, he often slacked off, knowing that the men in the camera room were also slacking. Breaching the back doors was too obvious of a plan to work. The alarms and traps set up in the halls would make short work of anyone that tried to enter. He decided to leave his body armor in the northern armory to make it easier to stand around. As he took off his jacket, however, his ears alerted him to a strange, distorted sound, similar to the sound made by a microphone creating feedback, but less ear-piercing.

--

You appear in the armory behind an armorless guard. He seems confused, but doesn't actually notice you yet.

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Wait for further information from the travelmaster and, if necessary, ask the local authorities about the incident.

"No injuries, sir. The thieves just slipped past, somehow, without a trace. One of our security guards noted one person's footsteps in the upper engine room, but by the time he got there the crystal was missing and there was smoke everywhere from a grenade on the floor. We cut off all possible escape routes, but it seems we were too late."
"Interesting. Have you considered a psionic thief as a possibility?"
"Possibly."

You get another call, this time from the local police station.
"Good day, this is the Lohkis city sheriff. We were told to report any developments in the investigation to you, but it seems we already found a suspect. We investigated a burst of electromagnetic radiation in one of the nearby plains, and he happened to be on the ground, passed out from the explosion. He probably had a partner, and we can't find the crystal on him, but perhaps we could resolve this quickly if you help us find out who the other suspect is."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 08:55:31 pm »

Ok this is defiantly not good. I don't like the way he said "The Ring". I don't know what it is but I guess it's not good. One thing I know for certain, I don't want to be here.

Answer whatever questions they ask as truthfully as I can. When they try to take me to the ring, use my Pyrokinesis to set something on fire as a distraction and run away.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 09:05:33 pm »

"Kind sir, do you remember anything about what happened before now?
Try to get what he remembers out of him.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 10:19:18 pm »

'Amnesia, huh?' Davis thought to himself, considering a possibility. He decided to wait and see what this man could remember, and decide whether or not to put forward an idea.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2013, 04:21:15 pm »

Too easy. Now to deal with this unlucky bastard.

Elbow the guard in the head in an attempt to knock him out. If he notices me, freeze his mouth shut and threaten him with my revolvers.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 07:53:25 am »

Russano grinned as he heard the man asking for his help. "A psionic thief, then. Do you have any clue as to the other suspect's identity or any clue that could assist me in his search, such as their possible location or any idea as to the powers of the person we are looking for?" he asked calmly through the phone, drumming his fingers on the elaborate pauldrons of his battle robe.

"Nevertheless, I will assist you gentlemen...After all, retrieving the crystal is also within my interests." he completed. "We can not have this thief escaping with such a valuable item."

Try to move towards one of the suspect's possible escape routes and feel any recent use of psionic energy around the area, narrowing it down to manifestations of concentrated power, not spontaneous.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 09:50:53 pm »

((Quick question for Caellath. You are currently on the surface as the ship is on a platform in orbit. Do you wish to take the tram up in order to investigate the ship, or leave the tram and search around the tram station?

The tram rides up a variation one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launch_loop

However instead of accelerating things to orbital speed, it is attached to a platform in geocentric orbit. There's only one in the city and linked up to the platform.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2013, 01:16:09 am »

((I'll do a quick investigation of the ship first, so I guess the tram it is. I need some information to start the manhunt.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2013, 04:27:11 pm »

Pariah, y u no want to be lizard fish?

Roll 2

-----

Try to get what he remembers out of him.

You decide to... "toughen up" for this situation.

"Look, prisoner. If you are indeed lying, I will find out and devise a scheme far worse than the Ring. Don't mess with me--You don't mess with the Zoshan."
"Why would I lie? I don't remember anything... all I know is that I'm sitting here, and that the 'Ring' sounds like someplace bad."
"Doesn't that imply that you remember something intimidating to compare the term 'Ring' to?"
"Yes, but... have you had amnesia?"

You pause, and realize that this isn't going anywhere.
The Cyrian next to you stepped forward and slung his rifle.

'Amnesia, huh?' Davis thought to himself, considering a possibility. He decided to wait and see what this man could remember, and decide whether or not to put forward an idea.

[3] Using your telepathy in secret, you vaguely discern that the prisoner's mind is relatively still and inactive aside from being terrified. You guess that he is telling the truth.

"I'm buying it, for now. I don't think the department is going to cut you any slack, though. They say they have evidence."

You know what the ring is. It isn't pretty, and as much as this prisoner warrants you sympathy, that's where he will be going.

Answer whatever questions they ask as truthfully as I can. When they try to take me to the ring, use my Pyrokinesis to set something on fire as a distraction and run away.

"Can't I reform, or something? They have tests to make sure I'm not lying, right?"

As you say this, you decide you need a distraction of some sort. While you are hoping that something interrupts the interrogation, a man walks by the doorway through the hall carrying a stack of papers. As soon as the concept of a distraction overlaps with the image of paper, you notice a small spark appear on the edge of the stack.

The man continues walking, but you hear him stop a few seconds after you set the flame. He starts screaming, and the two people in the room turn around to see what is happening. If you plan to do anything, now would be the time to do it.

Elbow the guard in the head in an attempt to knock him out. If he notices me, freeze his mouth shut and threaten him with my revolvers.

[5] You elbow the hapless guard in the side of his head from behind. He begins to crumple to the floor, so you grab him and quietly lower him to the ground.

The armory door is open. Your goggles begin highlighting the door as you hear footsteps. The armory you are in contains a number of locked safes, ammo boxes, loose weapons, and a single rack of kevlar vests attached to hangers from the wall.

Try to move towards one of the suspect's possible escape routes and feel any recent use of psionic energy around the area, narrowing it down to manifestations of concentrated power, not spontaneous.

[5] You begin to adapt your psionic transfer capabilities in order to detect the presence of spell flux--the usual term for changes in the natural flow of entropy that caused by psionic power use.
The tram you are riding in actually happens to be full of spell flux, although it is difficult to tell if it is because of constant shifts in entropy from passengers moving in and out. You finish the ride up to the oribtal platforms, wait for the hangar's airlocks to seal, and stand up as the door hisses and slides to the side.

Making your way to the ship launch sector of the station, and finding your ship's hangar (04f), you enter to the surprise of your crew and go to the engine maintainence hub, where the travelmaster happens to be searching for clues.

"Travelmaster Reynolds, stand aside. I will attempt to trace the use of spells to determine how the thief escaped," you say.
"Good thinking, sir!" he exclaims in response.

You scan the area, attempting to essentially drain it with your skills, and find that the natural order of the ship has indeed been disrupted. There happens to be a small "cloud" of spell flux near a blast door that was presumably locked. Perhaps someone with the ability to transfer his body through matter was the culprit. You backtrace the disturbance out of the ship, where it ceases next to the landing gear. Here you happen to find a few smudges on the ground--your men have not stepped foot on the planet's surface as per your orders, so you trace what you can to the trams. It appears that the criminal is now on the planet's surface. Perhaps the sheriff was right.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2013, 04:45:43 pm »

This is it, this my chance to get out of here. I just need to run somewhere... but where to? That doesn't matter now... I just gotta go!

Run out of the room as fast as I can and go in the opposite direction of the fire.

(I'm not tied to a chair or anything right? That never got mentioned so I'm assuming I'm not.)
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2013, 11:48:32 pm »

"Apparently he isn't using any trick to hide inside or near the ship itself..." Russano mumbled, more to himself than to anyone else, looking into the distance and recalling memories of his comrades. "In these moments, having trained with one of the Hounds from my Order would have paid off."

He smiled softly once again, liking what was at least a small amount of excitement. Of course, retrieving the crystal was still vital, but nothing said he wasn't allowed to have a small amount of fun with it. "I need to concentrate on developing a precise tracking technique once I manage to get some free time."

Restart the tracking procedures, at the surface this time.
>Yes?

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2013, 11:52:11 pm »

"Come on, not another spontaneous combustion."
Rush to the guy and help put out the fire.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 12:00:52 am »

Oh man, this almost makes the whole trip worth it... But I've gotta do something about that guard...

Take and wear the guard's uniform, along with any sort of identification that he may have. Stash his body behind one of the safes, positioning it to make it look like he's slacking off on the job and taking a nap. Then search for a sniper rifle in the armory and attempt to integrate the scope into my scoggles.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013, 10:11:06 am »

Davis was caught completely off-guard, and rushed to see fire. ''What on...'' He managed to say before pitching in to help put it out.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2013, 04:44:24 pm »

My bad for the wait. I'm a bit busier on Wednesdays than usual.

Anyway, I've been thinking of doing past-tense third-person instead. Present-tense feels difficult to write. I don't know about you guys.

Roll 3

-----

Rush to the guy and help put out the fire.

You leave pointing to your eyes, and then to the prisoner's, all the while giving him a cold stare. You tell the Cyrian, "Watch him..."
"I say, put the fire out before it gets out of hand!" you exlaim as you see the papers on the floor, a corner of the top page burning and becoming larger.
"It's ruining the carpet!"

Davis was caught completely off-guard, and rushed to see fire. ''What on...'' He managed to say before pitching in to help put it out.

You take the man's orders, for now, staying in the room. However, you know that the prisoner is unarmed and most likely cannot hurt you in your armor, so you step out of the doorway to watch.

The building is constructed out of wood imported from Ebony, as are most buildings in Lokhis. It is relatively fire-resistant, but will eventually catch fire. Thinking quickly, you rush to the nearest janitor's closet and, taking the first bucket you see, and rush into the hallway pushing Dominic out of the way.

[2] As you throw the bucket of cleaning fluid onto the stack of burning papers, the Sherrif happens to walk into the hallway in order to check on the interrogation. He is greeted by an immediate fireball that reaches to the ceiling and singes you and the man who was carrying the papers in the first place.

"What the blazes!?"

Run out of the room as fast as I can and go in the opposite direction of the fire.

Of course, as soon as the Cyrian left for the closet, you waited for him to return. Immediately, you get out of your chair and take off in the opposite direction, your shoes hardly making a sound on the soft carpeted floor. You slip through a pair of double-doors out of sight and look around you to find a pair of janitors looking at you suspiciously in the middle of a four-way intersection. Before you read the signs on the walls, you hear a voice through the double-doors:

"After him! Zoshan, Theul, get up and go! I will have this sorted out!"

Take and wear the guard's uniform, along with any sort of identification that he may have. Stash his body behind one of the safes, positioning it to make it look like he's slacking off on the job and taking a nap. Then search for a sniper rifle in the armory and attempt to integrate the scope into my scoggles.

[4] Carefully, you drag the guard behind a safe and hide, [1+2] taking care to hide yourself from the camera in the corner of the ceiling. Thankfully, the footsteps pass, and you begin to put on the guard's uniform.

[1] The weapons lying around the room consist of pistols, empty shotguns, and an occasional force baton or other melee weapon. Some of the safes are about person-height, so they might contain a rifle of sorts, but you will have to expose yourself to the camera again. You lucked out the first time as nobody was watching the feed at the time you entered the room, but you don't know if you still have time to open a safe.

Restart the tracking procedures, at the surface this time.

You return to the tram station and once again show the clerk your pass, entering the tram to get back to the surface.

[1+1] You can't seem to make anything out amidst the constant shifting entropy levels on the surface. Psionics users are everywhere, some don't even know it. You'll have to narrow your search to a likely location if you want to track a thief. Perhaps you can ask the police for advice, or maybe locate a possible destination for the crystal. They are not sold at general marketplaces, but black markets are a common drop-off point for a lot of artifact items in general.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 75