Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 64537 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #900 on: July 29, 2014, 11:20:15 am »

"You say that they grant powers to non psions and that these powers then become hereditary, what happens if an existing psion becomes infected?
Aside from the "hereditary" transfer are they granted new additional powers? Or is their initial power enhanced in any way?"
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 29, 2014, 02:22:35 pm »

"You say that they grant powers to non psions and that these powers then become hereditary, what happens if an existing psion becomes infected?
Aside from the "hereditary" transfer are they granted new additional powers? Or is their initial power enhanced in any way?"

"By 'inherit' I meant that others they infect also gain the powers. We haven't seen them reproduce, or perform other basic tasks such as eating for that matter, but it would be such a horror if they could...

As for other psions, fortunately we are immune to the effects. We've yet to encounter strains with the capability to silence or otherwise affect a psion's mind. The minds cannot displace each other, so how could they displace an established psion?"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:00:19 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 31, 2014, 08:44:56 pm »

"Very well. I guess we should leave as soon as we are capable."

Wait for the party to leave for Anaxas. Practice manipulating the Granite knife into various shapes.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 31, 2014, 09:11:15 pm »

Roll 96

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

You call for a flight to be prepared. In this day and age, even inter-continental travel is trivial. This was one of the factors that led to the breakdown of traditional feudalism in the early 4700's. Prior to that period, commercial plane flights were almost nonexistent as they required fossil fuels, a rarity on the world of Aldros II. The lack of fossil fuels also contributed to the planet's slow modernization in the centuries prior. However, as new engine technologies developed, better and faster planes became commonplace, lower classes that once lacked the ability to leave an unjust ruler now could travel for almost no cost, and immigration became an emerging staple of future governments.

Since then, the concept of burgs has developed. By building a sprawling city, a rich noble family could invest into keeping its citizens loyal and attracting new individuals from faraway lands.

Today, most planes use miniaturized metastable helium thrusters, with most of the fuel imported from Aldros III's mining colonies. Since Aldros II lacks a space elevator, supplies and goods are often dropped from orbit in reusable gliders.

As your party starts walking to the palace airport, Jo moves in and gestures to slow down. She informs you that she has something important to say.
"So I've been interviewing the Fellowship's members for a while since the encounter in the forest. I've discovered that their group has only existed in its current state with four members since nine years ago, when Black joined them. I don't know, but for them to claim to have so much experience after less than a decade seems a little far-fetched. I mean, the Queen has been conducting expeditionary efforts since the last thirty years! So I would just like you to be cautious, as they are either deceiving us, not telling the whole story, or they have capabilities far beyond what we can comprehend." she whispers.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[4+2-2] The scalpel is once again souljoined, but does not change out of its pristine, normal state.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[5+1] You practice with the dagger, not only changing its shape but also reverting it back to its previous condition. You also practice drawing rock out of the ground in the form of dust particles, allowing you to create identical copies of the mineral dagger. It's kind of strange how fast you can make the copies, though. The amount of dust you are lifting from the ground isn't much.

New Miniquest: Prismatic Shift (1/2 items copied)

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[1+2] You fail to introspect the bike, but it is for a reason. By stabilizing its form, you have forced a form onto the ruined car's previous form. This new form cannot be changed without removing the lock that keeps it from reverting to its past self. You wonder why it even tries to revert to its prior form, but then you realize why:

You have absolutely no idea how it works, and yet it works anyway. You've forced the outward performance of the bike on a totaled vehicle, and since you have no idea how hoverbikes (if they even exist somewhere) or high-energy fuel sources work, you cannot give it an actual, permanent form. It's an interesting limitation of your abilities--you can't generate new knowledge, but you can generate new effects.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 31, 2014, 10:29:58 pm »

"goddamnit change already you .damn spindly pigsticker." curse kenjaro before turning and punching a parking sign.

"Fine, ill try the shotgun then shall i?"

Engage in combat with nearby signpost, souljoin shotgun.

Regardless of success or failure head for the plane afterwards.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:04:28 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 01, 2014, 12:46:57 am »

((So to put it simply, if I want a pieces of machinery or technology to do... anything I want, I can make it happen whether or not I actually knowing how to do it or how it works? So for example if I got a good enough roll, I could upgrade a spaceship to warp to any point in space instantly if that's what I wanted?))

While figuring how one ability of his seems to work, he failed in trying to develop a new one... mainly since the hover bike isn't normal. How about a communicator instead?

But it's time to leave for the airport now... hm.... the plane itself might be a good object to develop a learning ability.

When we arrive in the plane before it takes off, access it with my powers and try to learn everything I can about how exactly it works.

"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 01, 2014, 01:49:22 am »

((So to put it simply, if I want a pieces of machinery or technology to do... anything I want, I can make it happen whether or not I actually knowing how to do it or how it works? So for example if I got a good enough roll, I could upgrade a spaceship to warp to any point in space instantly if that's what I wanted?))

((That is correct, as long as you can conceive of the machine actually doing that. You can make a spaceship warp somewhere, but making a pencil teleport around is trickier. Not impossible, though.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 01, 2014, 08:58:45 am »

((Well damn, i just realised i can make vodoo dolls with my current psionic powers.

Anyone have an action figure and a switch?))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 01, 2014, 09:34:46 am »

((Man... I'm thinking now that if I could eliminate the need for a catalyst (my powers being machines), I could potentially make anything I want from nothing... though my guess that would be quite hard to achieve that level.

And that power reminds me of a scene from an old-ish cartoon called Chalk Zone where to summerize:
"I'm gonna make a freeze ray."
"How? Do you even know how a freeze ray works?"
"Easy. As long as I make it to be a freeze ray while drawing it it'd be a freeze ray."))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 02, 2014, 07:03:38 pm »

((Man... I'm thinking now that if I could eliminate the need for a catalyst (my powers being machines), I could potentially make anything I want from nothing... though my guess that would be quite hard to achieve that level.

And that power reminds me of a scene from an old-ish cartoon called Chalk Zone where to summerize:
"I'm gonna make a freeze ray."
"How? Do you even know how a freeze ray works?"
"Easy. As long as I make it to be a freeze ray while drawing it it'd be a freeze ray."))

((Yeah, it's basically something like that. Hilariously enough, your character being ignorant of these things due to amnesia might actually be a boon, as your own mind isn't stopping you from doing something impossible. You know for a fact that pencils can't shoot lasers, for example.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 02, 2014, 07:14:20 pm »

"I am fully aware of that. I would sooner be a pirate than completely trust these people after so little interaction." Russano answers, playing with lightning and plasma between his fingers. "Trusting them for the moment to see what are their true intentions seems to be the correct choice."

Get preparations done. We're traveling asap.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 03, 2014, 01:35:10 pm »

"I see little reason not to trust them, mysterious psionic adventurers usually have no reason to tell lies, in my experience. Even so, caution is always good to have."

Help with any final preparations. Attempt to make a copy of the "Reagrd" for practice.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 03, 2014, 02:05:30 pm »

Roll 97

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Jo heads off to talk to Perfectio while you continue practicing your powers.

[2] Playing with plasma is much like playing with fire. Except that a momentary lapse of concentration can cause it to lose containment and explode, essentially. And that is exactly what happens. While your chestplate takes the brunt of the searing heat and force, its surface is slightly darkened.

Preparations are now done! Everyone approaches the plane. Currently at plane: Russano, Dominic, Kenjaro, Ryan, Jo, Perfectio, Hadrial. Geronimo is currently getting new armor and will not be present for the trip.

If 3/4 people post 'No action' then the plane will launch immediately.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[6] You flatten a nearby sign, which previously read 'WARNING: FOLLOW ALL RULES AND GUIDELINES' before you crumpled the metal sign sheet into a neat ball and stomped it into the ground.

[1+4] You remove the shells from the shotgun's internal magazine and Souljoin it. Cocking it, you notice that a new shell pops out which had previously not been there. It crumbles into a pile of black dust and is blown away by the wind.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[4] You make a copy, noting that it happens to be a solid red color rather than a mix of black streaked with white like the previous one. It seems the composition has changed to that of some kind of volcanic stone. Now that you look at it, the previous granite dagger you copied has also taken on a distinctive hue.

New Ability!

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[4] The plane's design is sleek and aerodynamic, but that is not what interests you. You have no idea how to make an aerodynamic shape anyways, although it must be important in the thick atmosphere of Aldros II. It's difficult to even throw a punch without feeling the air holding your fist back.
Anyway, the power setup interests you. The fuel cell contains an unstable power source, probably the metastable helium one of the technicians was muttering about with some of the engineers. It seems very rigid and has a number of fallback systems, including a graphene layer designed to contain the explosion like a balloon in case something goes wrong. The fuel itself is kept in pellets with several independent refrigeration loops keeping the storage unit at a manageable temperature. Inside the cylinder is a crystal lattice of solid helium, which merely has to be ignited to release its stored energy.

Each engine has its own fuel cell, and basically resembles a rocket thruster. It appears that the engines can swivel, but not all the way. Finally, the cabin is pressurized and contains a controlled atmosphere regulated by the flight computer, which is buried in several layers of radiation shielding.

The seats have inbuilt computers for the person sitting behind each passenger, and can connect to the planet's internet satellites.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:41:50 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 03, 2014, 06:53:57 pm »

Ryan learns what he wanted to know... that he can learn about machines work with his powers. He's sure if he focused on specific parts, such as the engine or fuel system, he could learn even more details.

Though one thing more thing that creeps into his mind... is there even a limit to what can possibly do? He can gain knowladge just by wanting to... though now it's limited to machines... and he can turn broken junk into a rather advanced vehicle without needed to know how it even works... And the goes for other psions... is there anything that's impossible no matter how much practice?

Well it's certainly something to contemplate during the flight.

No action.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 04, 2014, 12:24:15 am »

"Well thats more like it."

disenchant and re-souljoin my scalpel.

Aside from that, no action.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 75