Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 64540 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #990 on: September 14, 2014, 09:11:03 pm »

Roll 107

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[4+2] Your wire-net attack eventually manages to overwhelm the invaders before they can advance on your position. Your net won't last long--the heavies are snapping multiple strands at a time with a simple swipe of the hand--but it will keep them in place until...

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

[3 + 2 (Charged) + 1 (Kenjaro Synergy)] As you survey the situation ([5] using a brief flash portal, in fact, to open a tiny window. This could have some uses...) to get a better view of the situation, you prepare to attack, readying yourself for a high-voltage onslaught of charged plasma.

New Ability: Flash Window

You notice that Kenjaro has assembled some kind of steel webbing around the assailants. It seems that, despite being a more recent addition to the group, Kenjaro is very keen on applying his powers and using them synergistically. The same cannot be said about Dominic...

As the gunners stop firing in order to untangle themselves from the mass of steel wire around them, you strike from around the corner, curving bolt after bolt through the air while in complete safety. As the resistance falls, you reveal yourself by stepping out from behind the corner...

The lightning was mixed in effect. The 'heavies' wearing large exoskeletons beneath bulky suits of clothing have many holes in their uniform, mostly around the joints. Their exoskeletons are completely fried. It seems that the rest of the pirate accomplices were left unscathed. [2] vs (5) [Deflect failed!] During your lapse of caution, some of them open fire. As you dash back to cover, you feel something expanding around your foot. As you step down with that foot you trip, falling over from the sudden sharp pain in your joint. Examining the wound, you find that your foot was hit with some sort of incendiary shell, which incinerated most of your foot and lower shin.

Since your robe doesn't extend down to the ground, it does not happen to protect your feet while running. Perhaps that should be rectified in the future.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[3] You try to undo what you've done by pulling out of the plaza network. The elevator starts, which is a good sign, although you'll probably want to test the doors manually. The electronic locks will take some fiddling to open, since they only open specifically when given some sort of input material. That's for later!

[4+2] Switching your attention to the attackers, you try to disable their various bits and technology. You sense and deactivate most of the electronic weapons, but as you were focusing, Russano was hit! [Dodge!] You manage to avoid any gunfire headed your way as Russano trips to the floor in front of you.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[5] They attacked first. It is only proper to send something back in response.
You load a round into the chamber and approach the hallway. As Russano falls next to you, Ryan panicks as a result, and Kenjaro stands at the edge of the corner completely unaware of his allies' actions past Russano's lightning storm (full armor tends to dull your senses after all), you approach the corner and fire a shot in the general direction of the enemy, then look away.

New Ability: Return Fire (Emerge victorious from an enemy display of aggression! 0/2)

The wall opposite the hall glows a burning white for a split second, leaving an afterimage in your eyes. The gunfire stops immediately. Hopefully that showed them!

Miniquest Complete! New Trait: Flexible Negotiation (+2 diplomacy toward incapacitated foes)

During the outbreak of violence, the Fellowship seem to have gone missing. In addition, the criminal suspect has been somehow extricated from the web of plant matter that was formerly surrounding him. Suspicious!
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 14, 2014, 11:01:21 pm »

"You are defeated, surrender immediately and be destroyed."

Taking advantage of the damage caused by Russanos plasma attack Kenjaro lifts his urchin with one hand and fires a multitude of steel tendrils that force their way into the two heavy's suits and begin working their way into the chest cavities passing through both open space and flesh as necessary.

With his other hand he levels his shotgun at the amassed mediums and lights and advances firing it at any who are still capable of shooting back.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:42:19 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 15, 2014, 01:59:18 am »

"You are defeated, surrender immediately and be destroyed."

Taking advantage of the damage caused by Russanos plasma attack Kenjaro lifts his urchin with one hand and fires a multitude of steel tendrils that force their way into the heavies suits and begin working their way into the cockpit passing through both open space and flesh as necessary.

With his other hand he levels his shotgun at the amassed mediums and lights and advances firing it at any who are still capable of shooting back.

There aren't cockpits. The whole setup is similar to ancient exoskeletons designed to help the physically impaired. Since then, the design has proven to be useful for a host of industrial, military, and general tasks.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 15, 2014, 02:39:14 am »

((You did say the huge suits were 1 meter wide and 1 meter taller than the average person, my assumption was that they had a sort of control cuff type setup wher you only really occupied the chest and upper arm type deal.

Rewording to chest cavity regardless.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 15, 2014, 02:46:54 pm »

Ryan hasn't noticed the Fellowship or the guy we was after has disappeared since he was focusing on the people shooting.

Anyways, Ryan pulls out his own weapon, and from nearby cover, he points at the shooters' general direction ready to shoot the hands of anyone whoo looks leike they are getting to to shoot. And calls out to them, "Yeah surender!" to help emphasize what Kenjaro said while trying his best not to stutter and show them he's not very calm. And then goes on to add, "Wait... don't you mean 'or' be destroyed?" which is directed at Kenjaro... though he didn't mean to say that out loud for the shooters to hear.

Get to cover and aim my weapon at the shooters and say the above to try and get them to surrender. Shoot the hands of anyone of them that tries to keep shooting. And if allowed, all while trying to deactivate the suits and enhancement things they are wearing.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 15, 2014, 06:14:54 pm »

((You did say the huge suits were 1 meter wide and 1 meter taller than the average person, my assumption was that they had a sort of control cuff type setup wher you only really occupied the chest and upper arm type deal.

Rewording to chest cavity regardless.))

((I meant one meter shoulder-to-shoulder. I don't think a person would have much room to move around in that. The idea is that the suits aren't combat armor themselves, but simply boost strength. It's for moving cargo and making repairs to ships, mainly, but it obviously has combat applications.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 17, 2014, 04:06:34 pm »

((Russano had actually shed off his armor to be more inconspicuous and all.))

Russano seems rather displeased he has actually been hit and wounded by one of the enemies. "This is a problem." he mumbles to himself as he sits down and frowns mightily. His brows knit very abruptly as he notices the absence of both those merry Fellowship members and their target. "I do hope the Fellowship has just decided to deliver that man to justice." His mind extended once again to try and catch wind of them.

If there are any recalcitrant enemies remaining, apply diplomacy fueled via overcharged lightning bolts and I Like These Odds. In case all's fine for the moment, try to use Universal Clock to return Russano's body to an unwounded state. And passively use the Spell Flux to detect those sneaky buggers.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 18, 2014, 07:00:32 pm »

"Yes, good sirs! You have been bested. I implore you to stand down and cease your aggression immediately!"

"...Also, that laser weapon seems to be very dangerous in your possession. I must take that and any ammunition into my custody to prevent you from harming anyone."

Negotiate a surrender and acquisition of arms from the criminals. Load an Azure round into the gunberd meanwhile.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 18, 2014, 09:34:50 pm »

((Russano had actually shed off his armor to be more inconspicuous and all.))

((...well, umm, we can assume you put it back on somewhere in between?))

Roll 108

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

With chin raised and gait artificially slowed in order to facilitate a sense of valiance and triumph, you march into view of the assailants--at least, they would be able to see you if they had not been blinded. But that blast was so bright! Such a thing would be impossible, right? It's hardly a risk.

[1] It turns out that not all of the ruffians were incapacitated! As you observe most of the Lights and Heavies stirring on the ground, one blatant cad with a visor and some assorted armor shoots you in the arm! [6+1] vs (2) You are thrust back by the impact of the rounds on the metal plates beneath your fabulous suit, spoiling the surface once again. Mending this will take more effort than treating a burn or washing it... but alas, you are safe.

As the ruffian reloads her weapon, you twirl your gunbeard and leap at your foe, pinning her arm to the ground! [4+2] As you begin a long-winded speech, proposing several terms to the pirate accomplices including the arrest of their master and the relinquishment of all of their weaponry, Kenjaro walks over to your target and shoots her in the face with a shotgun.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[4+1] You remove the unruly combatant which threatened Dominic. Dominic himself appears unscathed, as he has armor under his coat. Perhaps he's not all that mad. you don't even know the full extent of his powers, so making a premature judgement is foolish.
The pellets come back right into the barrel of the shotgun, causing recoil a second time and replenishing your magazine again.

[4+3-5] The steel tendrils fire, but before they are fully formed the Urchin stops producing them and they chip off from their own momentum. [3 (no bonus due to accident)] vs (6+1) The flying steel chunks tumble in flight, hitting their targets at obtuse angles and dealing no damage. The heavy with the explosive weapon appears incapacitated, although the one with the laser brings his heavy arm in front to block any fire and uses the other to recover his laser weapon and try to fire it at you--only to find that the weapon fizzles completely.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[4-5+2] Something is messing with your powers--you aren't able to deactivate the Laser Heavy's suit! However, his weapon is still deactivated despite your powers no longer working, and thus you are reluctant to shoot his hands at first. He then reaches for his holster, at which point you fire your ArkFury. The shot was aimed at the holster, but the revolver's auto-aim focuses the center-of-mass instead, and shoots the Laser Heavy through the chest. [5-Critical!]

The shot leaves a fairly large hole in the individual's chest, and he crumples to the ground as a result.

New Miniquest!
Critical Impact (Get critical strikes! 1/2)

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

All is definitely not fine, as you need a foot to walk on. You [1+1-5] attempt to turn back the sands of time, but you feel something inhibiting your actions. Your ability to sense intelligent minds also suffers from this strange effect. Your foot is unchanged, and continues to bleed. Meanwhile, your senses do pick up some sort of fluctuation emanating from some area from a utility closet. You remember that this is the closet which you found the suit inside from before!

Jo begins pulling you to safety behind the information desk. The civilians in the area are taking cover at the moment, some screaming and crying, others keeping silent. One of the merchants from before is trying to play dead, although without any visible damage it would be hard to convince a malicious shooter.
With some supplies taken from the desk drawer, she manages to combine several bandages with some tape and nullifies the bleeding from your leg. It should keep you conscious long enough for your powers to be back.

One of the mages from the Fellowship emerges from the hallway that Russano sensed the Silence effect from! It is Green, who states:
"Blast it! The pirates armor was powered by a Warp Crystal. The psi-lock on it went off and the others are injured! Someone get medical help!"
"I'm on it!" Perfectio rushes into one of the service tunnels along the chamber. The display panel above the service tunnel indicates that the ship being serviced is none other than the ARN Veritas, an Aldrosian patrol cruiser that no-doubt has a dedicated medical team onboard as a self-sustained vessel. The vessel is actually due to leave soon, and most Aldrosian ship crews neglect to spend time outside of their ships during the wait, as the ships themselves have their own recreational facilities.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 02:28:06 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 18, 2014, 10:45:20 pm »

Pulling out his still invisible vibro axe Kenjaro thumbs the activator and leaps at the heavy bringing his arm down onto the heavies forearm as if he were trying to break his guard when in reality he is striking at the join between the mans neck and shoulder with the head of the axe.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: September 19, 2014, 10:15:22 am »

((Sure. Also, where has Mindgames gone?))

Russano's right eye twitches intermittently as he notices that, once more, his powers have been disabled by some freakish external source like it was no problem at all. This is getting absurd; a warlock's powers are his life and without them he's little more than a diplomat with a sword capable of messily bisecting people. "If you fought me like that for so long back then, you gentlemen - and lady - should be able to deal with it. And where is the target?" he asks of the Fellowship mage.

Try to forcefully cleanse the Silence debuff.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 19, 2014, 02:27:35 pm »

((Sure. Also, where has Mindgames gone?))

Russano's right eye twitches intermittently as he notices that, once more, his powers have been disabled by some freakish external source like it was no problem at all. This is getting absurd; a warlock's powers are his life and without them he's little more than a diplomat with a sword capable of messily bisecting people. "If you fought me like that for so long back then, you gentlemen - and lady - should be able to deal with it. And where is the target?" he asks of the Fellowship mage.

Try to forcefully cleanse the Silence debuff.

((I was about to give you a skill for it, then I forgot. Hold on...))

New Ability: Redirection [0/3]

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 19, 2014, 07:58:28 pm »

"What... no.... no no no! I didn't mean kill him... I..." Ryan just says to himself forgetting that people are attacking him. Atleast for a second before he hides himself bhind some cover. While mumbling to himself he concentrate's on his gun, not caring something is messing with his powers, and concentrates everything into UPGRADEing his weapon.

Get to cover. UPGRADE Arkfury with the phrase "Do as I want this time!" in mind.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 26, 2014, 12:45:56 pm »

((Bump for Dominic now that I have time.))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 26, 2014, 05:06:26 pm »

"Well, you three seem to have the situation at hand. I should go aid the Fellowship. But first, someone has no need for something..."

Quickly bash the helmet of the Laser Heavy with the gunberd and appropriate his laser weapon and the corresponding ammunition. Then rush over to Green and check on the injured Fellowship members.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 75