Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 177179 times)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #600 on: May 15, 2013, 03:03:47 pm »

Also, do you really think that the warden would even bother to go down here where there is a forgotten beast?
The warden wants control, just look at how he is putting the fort under his thumb. It makes sense for him to at least send a few soldiers to see if there is anything in the cave that could undermine his authority. And might I say that living in a hidden base in pretty dangerous caves, at the same time hiding who you are under the ruse of insanity, is a pretty good position for ruling a fort from the shadows.

How could it be a hallucination if multiple people can see it?
The man, assuming his behavior isn't a ruse, is off his rocker. Probably drugged, with a good chance of being alchohol deprived. He might be referring to a small critter or something of his own imagination. Besides, it's not so much something I believe as it is an example of why we shouldn't blindfold ourselves by always assuming the best case scenario. Heck, how long since we've checked if there is anything sneaking up on us?

Worrying about what you don't know doesn't lead you anywhere and will only make him end up crazier than before.
Not taking enough precautions might make him deader then before. Or lighter, at least. Everthing he owns is pretty heavy, as are his limbs.

Edit: You know what, maybe this is a special kind of Forgotten beast, one that pukes candy if you tickle it. We should try that. Sure, there is a chance he'll kill us if we try, but let's not worry about what might happen.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:11:48 pm by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 15, 2013, 03:40:31 pm »

Also, do you really think that the warden would even bother to go down here where there is a forgotten beast?
The warden wants control, just look at how he is putting the fort under his thumb. It makes sense for him to at least send a few soldiers to see if there is anything in the cave that could undermine his authority. And might I say that living in a hidden base in pretty dangerous caves, at the same time hiding who you are under the ruse of insanity, is a pretty good position for ruling a fort from the shadows.

Yes we know he might have sent them down but that doesn't mean this guy has anything to do with the warden. Just try believing in someone for once.

How could it be a hallucination if multiple people can see it?
The man, assuming his behavior isn't a ruse, is off his rocker. Probably drugged, with a good chance of being alchohol deprived. He might be referring to a small critter or something of his own imagination. Besides, it's not so much something I believe as it is an example of why we shouldn't blindfold ourselves by always assuming the best case scenario. Heck, how long since we've checked if there is anything sneaking up on us?

Its a friggin forgotten beast! Both of us can see it!

Worrying about what you don't know doesn't lead you anywhere and will only make him end up crazier than before.
Not taking enough precautions might make him deader then before. Or lighter, at least. Everthing he owns is pretty heavy, as are his limbs.

Edit: You know what, maybe this is a special kind of Forgotten beast, one that pukes candy if you tickle it. We should try that. Sure, there is a chance he'll kill us if we try, but let's not worry about what might happen.

You mad bro? And I'm not talking about the meme.

If you really want candy...

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 15, 2013, 03:50:18 pm »

Yes we know he might have sent them down but that doesn't mean this guy has anything to do with the warden.
It doesn't eliminate the posibility.

Just try believing in someone for once.
Remember when the fisherdwarf believed we were just wandering about? That did not end well for him.

We both believe we see it, yes. There are a lot of mushrooms here, though, so who knows what kind of spores we have inhaled? Again, I do not think it is a hallucination, I am merely putting the posibility forward as an example.

Edit:
You mad bro?
I do not think I have, at any point, denied my utter lack of sanity. You naïve though, bro?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:24:02 pm by AfellowDwarf »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 15, 2013, 04:54:28 pm »

Yes we know he might have sent them down but that doesn't mean this guy has anything to do with the warden.
It doesn't eliminate the posibility.

Just try believing in someone for once.
Remember when the fisherdwarf believed we were just wandering about? That did not end well for him.

We both believe we see it, yes. There are a lot of mushrooms here, though, so who knows what kind of spores we have inhaled? Again, I do not think it is a hallucination, I am merely putting the posibility forward as an example.

Edit:
You mad bro?
I do not think I have, at any point, denied my utter lack of sanity. You naïve though, bro?

I am specifically talking about Nerin.
Well neither of us will change the others view so lets just agree to disagree.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #604 on: May 15, 2013, 11:46:47 pm »

Sometimes I can't tell whether you two are in character or not... :P

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 15, 2013, 11:58:17 pm »

I haven't heard from any of the others in quite some time, maybe our constant bickering has shut up the "other" voices for now  :P.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 16, 2013, 01:26:38 am »

In character, definitely.

Edit:
Well, taking it doesn't seem safe and we can't really get anything from the caves beyond Ulrath we're equiped to get. Heck, the mc Unnamed might alert him to our presence if we refuse him.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 06:36:14 am by AfellowDwarf »

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 18, 2013, 05:24:37 pm »

Seriously? you guys want to smoke an unknown herb given to you by a complete stranger while you're in the middle of an unknown cave with a forgotten beast hanging around?

That's exactly how people end up in ice, in a bathtub with a few organs missing.  ???
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 02:39:20 am by Kaos »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 18, 2013, 05:39:26 pm »

Seriously? you guys want to smoke an unknown herb given to you by a complete stranger while you're in the middle of an unknown cave with a forgotten beast hanging around?

That's exactly how people end up in ice, in a bathtub with a few organs missing.  ???

All I'm saying is that he could take it, not necessarily use it and if he is going to use it and you guys are worried about loosing organs then he could simply do it somewhere safe. I'm thinking ahead just in case he is going to take it.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 19, 2013, 02:45:03 am »

All I'm saying is that he could take it, not necessarily use it and if he is going to use it and you guys are worried about loosing organs then he could simply do it somewhere safe. I'm thinking ahead just in case he is going to take it.
Ah, we're stealing his stuff. Now that is something I can get behind.

Edit: Are you sure we should only take the pipe? If we give him a good push and snatch his walking stick/crutch, it won't be hard to make him part with his bag and necklace(especially if we wave our axe around for a bit). On account of mercy, we could place this stick a couple of urists away for him, so he can walk again once he reaches it. Let's first carve an insult into it, though. Human-lover, maybe?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 10:16:14 am by AfellowDwarf »

alonard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 19, 2013, 10:18:14 am »

just because he looks weak doesn't mean he cant enter a martial trance and kick our ass i say try the herb and see what happens
worse situation we'll be robbed and the gauntlet will be someone Else's concern which isn't all that bad

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 19, 2013, 10:27:53 am »

just because he looks weak doesn't mean he cant enter a martial trance and kick our ass
He needs a stick to walk. Even if he's powerfull, he won't be able to keep up with us. Not to mention that he cannot have any weapon that doesn't fit in an old lady's handbag.

worse situation we'll be robbed and the gauntlet will be someone Else's concern which isn't all that bad
Someone else who wants to take down the concept of free will, mind you. Not to mention that our urists, axe and clothes will also be his concerns in this worst case scenario of yours. In addition to incriminating evidence against us. If we're going to lose the gauntlet without wiping it from the face of the world, we might as well keep our other stuff and gain an aditional 1000 urists.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:45:53 am by AfellowDwarf »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 19, 2013, 12:09:35 pm »

... Let me be specific: Mysterious man offers us a mysterious herb, did he say we were supposed to smoke it right now? No. Nerin could accept the herb if he deems it necessary but politely refuse to smoke it right now if he does not trust smoking mysterious herbs around mysterious people and after finding a safe place he could smoke it then.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 19, 2013, 12:53:13 pm »

... Let me be specific: Mysterious man offers us a mysterious herb, did he say we were supposed to smoke it right now? No. Nerin could accept the herb if he deems it necessary but politely refuse to smoke it right now if he does not trust smoking mysterious herbs around mysterious people and after finding a safe place he could smoke it then.
All right, so this way, we get the herb without any risks. If the herb is part of some plot, he'll object and we'll know things are fishy. Good enough, I suppose, though it's a bit tame.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 19, 2013, 03:13:28 pm »

I can support this, only we get the herb identified first to make sure is safe to smoke.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 90