Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 177456 times)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 10:47:42 am »

Relax, dude. Keep smoking, watch the engraving, craft cloth dolls from pieces of that sock and put them on the window... keep calm.
Calm? Oh, we'll show you calm all right. Punch the wall and throw the scarf through the window!
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 02:27:25 pm »

The voices finally seemed to settle for a decision, and hearing how it involved going out hunting for a bar I found it quite agreeable-

But before leaving I was told to leave a parting gift...
After a quick look I could confirm that my neighbour was still sleeping...and not wearing any pants...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I felt a bit guilty after throwing the burning sock in the hole but in the end I guess it couldn't be helped.

After a quick glance on the map I headed north, along the way I noticed quite a few rooms and corridors that weren't marked on the map.
Guess it's a bit outdated a...
!
-Uhhm...
After a quick evaluation I deemed him a non-threat, pretty small, kinda old, possibly retarded and didnt seem very suspicious.
I gave him a quick nod and hurried on further ahead.

As the warden's office appeared in front of me I hesitated for a second, after waiting a couple of minutes I decided to sneak past...
Maybe the old dude with guards is the warden? That would...
!
You there! Yea you filthy elflovin piece of shit!
Come over here n I'll cut ya!
Just a few inches away there was a barred room containing three prisoners. The first one was a rough-looking dwarf who continuously spewed out threats and insults. The other was tied up goblin in the back of the cage. And lastly there was something that appeared to an elf of some sort...I'd never seen an elf before...But the crying indicated that I was on the right track.
The elf kept claiming his innocence while the dwarf changed tactic and told me that he wouldnt cut me if I let him out...

I didn't like the situation as I already had troubles up to my ears :-\ Perhaps I should move on before things got too complicated.
On the other hand I might be able to get some valueble information out of them...But what if the warden comes back!?
One of the voices went on a rampage, soon it was attempting to make me get into a fight with the cutter-dwarf who insulted my honor...I should hurry up while I'm still in control...

I really like the way the community interaction resembles his inner turmoil :P
one second he seems quite reasonable and then the next his off smoking socks.
Oh and @Lt_Alfred He didn't have anyone else in there...many peasants don't have time for fun as it's work from dawn til dusk. and I have a feeling I don't wanna know why you asked about "his sleeping wife"... o_o

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 02:34:17 pm by slowpokez »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 03:07:14 pm »

Ask the dwarf why he's in there and if the reason isn't good enough or he doesn't offer something good in return for being broken out then fight him and fre the elf. The gobbo could be freed for lulz and a distraction if needed.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 05:05:42 pm »

Throw the cog at the cutter-dwarf, use whatever cutting device we have to cut off his hair. If the dwarf proves a liar, knap a stone (Like the two we saw near the old guy).Combine with syrup roast for a fake beard and give it to the elf. Knock the elf out, and cut off his ears. He'll thank us later. Take everything that doesn't cover any genitals from the cutter dwarf and the gobbo. Tie the gobbo with the cutter dwarf's shirt and take the rope.

Edit:
You know what? We should make two fake beards and take the goblin with us as a companion. Use the elf's hair if neccecairy. Give him our cloak so he doesn't stand out. As a bonus, we could feed him the elf's ears so that we don't need to hide them.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 06:02:01 pm by AfellowDwarf »

triato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 07:02:56 pm »

Priorities people, get the booze first. If we want to make friends with the prisioners we can share some booze with them.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 08:01:19 pm »

Goblin: Deadly enemy of the Fortress
Elf: Possibly a deadly enemy of the Fortress, possibly not
Dwarf: Could be wrongfully imprisoned for violation of production order/export ban, or could have committed serious crimes while tantruming.  His threats suggest the latter.

The goblin's tied up, but if we let the dwarf out, we're letting the elf out or vice versa unless we want to fight something that probably has better military skills than us

I vote for moving on, or perhaps moving back and introducing red-pants-dwarf to the trio of prisoners.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2013, 02:27:53 am »

I suspect the imprisoned dwarf is a vampire, or a necromancer.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2013, 07:46:11 am »

I suspect the imprisoned dwarf is a vampire, or a necromancer.
If that's the case, we should accuse him of being a night creature and let him sort it out with his cellmates.

Goblin: Deadly enemy of the Fortress
Who'll follow us if we have him think of us as the alpha male, right?

Or perhaps moving back and introducing red-pants-dwarf to the trio of prisoners.
Ooh, cruel. I like it. We should pick up the mushroom on our way back, too. The only problem is, how are we going to get him in without leting the cutterdwarf out?

Edit:
We should knap those two stones we saw on the way here, so we have something sharp to threathen him with.

Edit2:
I can't help but notice that my disguise worked perfectly on mr. red pants.

Edit3:
We could restrain the cutter-dwarf if we get the elf and gobbo to work together to tie him up with the gobbo's rope.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:07:40 am by AfellowDwarf »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2013, 08:27:59 am »

Dudes a loose cannon; forget him. Goblins and elfs can rot too. Request the testosterone-dwarf's gold earring in exchange for his freedom. If he provides, laugh and walk away leaving him there. If he doesn't, advise him that he's in there, and you're out there with access to bolts and other sharp objects.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2013, 10:21:16 am »

He probably doesn't have any money on him considering he's in jail.

Turn your head slowly to face him with your eyes really wide.  Just stare for a couple seconds and don't say anything.  Then proceed to pick a booger out of your beard and flick it at his face.  Laugh like a maniac and run away.  Also, clean your beard on the way to the bar... seriously.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2013, 12:16:49 pm »

free them and eat them
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2013, 01:10:55 pm »

So which category does my suggestion fall into?  Must be the voice of reason, right?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2013, 01:13:35 pm »

free them and eat them
There is a thin line that seperates us from elves. Let's have others cross it for us, instead of crossing it ourselves.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2013, 04:33:02 pm »

A power struggle erupted between the minds within my own, Kill them! Free them! Run away!
But one particular idea managed to overtake the rest, it was a strange and complicated plan involving violence, manipulation and plastic surgery.
I tried to hold back as the prisoners frightened me to no end, but as the weakwilled induvidual that I am I failed all my attempts.
I pulled out the heavy cog-wheel from my back-pack...
But this is were things didn't really go according to plan...
The attack didn't manage to knock him out...and on top of he went berserk o_o
In all the confusion another voice managed to take command and I began running towards my previous objective.
Behind me I could hear him whaling on the other inmates as they screamed in terror...
uhhm....

I reached the spot where the tavern was supposed to be but...there were only some ordinary living quarters.... ???
!
I heard footsteps coming my way!
They must've been alerted by all the commotion down at the prison...
Due to some quick thinking by one of the vioces I managed to hide in a nearby flowerpot.
Phew...
Well, what should I do know?
Neither door seems right and I know I went the right way...fck
Head over to the other brewery(at the dining hall)?
Go back to the prison area and try to fix the situation?
Maybe break into one of the houses to see if they've perhaps hidden a bar in there?

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2013, 05:18:16 pm »

I'm all for fixing up the prison situation. We need to deal with the cutter-dwarf before he kills our gobbo friend. We could find something sharp, or a heavy weapon to kill him with. If we can't find any, we could find something you really want to keep out of a wound. Search the homes.

As a last resort, find some cloth in either of the homes, wrap something moderately heavy in it (the mushroom on our head, maybe?) and light it on fire. Once it's aflame enough, draw the cutter dwarf's attention and throw it at him. Then pray to to whatever dwarven god we have that his hair remains untouched. I don't know if the elf has enough hair for both himself and the gobbo, and I don't fancy getting creative with the cat.

Edit: Maybe the guards will kill him for us? If so, I hope they'll at least leave his head in the prison.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:34:25 pm by AfellowDwarf »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 90