Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 177114 times)

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #285 on: February 19, 2013, 10:05:30 pm »

At times I feel like I'm the voice of passiveness, I like to wait and see, think through before doing much.
Excellent, so far we've got the voice of paranoia, the voice of reason and now the voice of passiveness. Seemingly getting insaner for every day. :D
what voice am I? :P

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 19, 2013, 11:18:10 pm »

Get the gauntlet and the weapon,  stow them both and DO NOT PUT ON THE GAUNTLET.  Frankly, it might be best if we toss that thing into SMR-obliteration, but not right now.  If we can do so quickly, checking the hitman for change/jewelry can't hurt.

We need to go somewhere where we can get our wound sutured quickly, assuming it's as bad as it looked.  That's wherever is closer (or a better call) of the Brewstery or the Hospital.  Hospital is more of a risk of discovery, Brewstery is more of a risk of poor treatment, which we may have to barter with Pipe Smoking Dwarf to get

Our mission should be to obtain the other Artifacts of Silverdrop -- ideally including the throne (that's really intriguing).  But of course, we need to learn what they are first.

We're going to end up back at the Brewstery sooner or later if we want any support of any kind, so it might do us well to head there sooner rather than later.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 20, 2013, 02:21:35 am »

Get the gauntlet and the weapon,  stow them both and DO NOT PUT ON THE GAUNTLET.  Frankly, it might be best if we toss that thing into SMR-obliteration, but not right now.
I agree. The gauntlet is nothing but trouble. We coud try an atom smasher before we throw it into SMR, though.

Seeing as the first four options (We didn't get to roll, so running and screeming would've get us hit. He's blind, so the smokescreen wouldn't have had any effect. This guy had been fighting for ages, so killing him with rock and pipe would've been hopless.) didn't work, I assume the fifth would've brought us to the guy as well. We should avoid the guards.

Even though Slowpokez has mentioned that he doesn't like plot-armor, I say we cut of one of this guy's fingers(use the axe?), take all of his stuff we want and burn him just to be sure.

I think we should take his cape in addition to the gauntlet and axe. Maybe we could sell his glasses to the pipedwarf?  We should see if he's wearing any jewelry.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 02:28:46 am by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 20, 2013, 05:18:30 am »

You guys think too small. We were looking for a guy to discretely kill and assume his position and identity. We are alone with the body of the most frightening individual in the fortress.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 20, 2013, 06:53:25 am »

You guys think too small. We were looking for a guy to discretely kill and assume his position and identity. We are alone with the body of the most frightening individual in the fortress.
Posing as thigs guy successfully would involve wearing that dreaded gauntlet of his; If you miss a big metal claw, people will notice. Still, if we are going to wear it, we might as well take his place.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #290 on: February 20, 2013, 08:55:14 am »

Nerin, quickly take his stuff!
I have to run away! People will come here!
Take his stuff. Loot him. Grab the gaunlet and axe. He's dead anyway.

-Bag-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Great, now you run.
Oh..ok.
No. Burn him just to be sure. You know wouldn't want no legendary warrior comming after us.
You do realize that this guy has two arms...right?
Fck you Nerin...Burn him anyway.
I...I can't do that.
Oh, and while you're at it you might aswell slice of his fingers aswell.
What...I...
Oh for fck sake, Nerin stop being such an elf!
But...
This guy tried to kill you, you stupid crundlebastard!
I guess...
*Proceeds to light his beard aflame*
Uhmm...guys?
Aye?
I don't think he's dead.
Ah well, too late for regret let's bail.
Where are we going!? Run first think later!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 20, 2013, 10:05:59 am »

I'm a little confused here. Maybe beccouse of the lack of pictures. Two arms? Did we manage to cut off a finger or did we merely light him on fire? What signs of life is he giving? Is he actively chasing us, or simply moving a little?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 20, 2013, 10:15:41 am »

We have an axe. He has no helmet.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 20, 2013, 10:19:14 am »

We have an axe. He has no helmet.
Good point. But we're the major's enemy, and we still need fixing up. If someone spots us lodging an axe into someone's brains, we're done for. And depending on his wrestling/dodging skill and how 'alive' he is, we might not want to fight him.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #294 on: February 20, 2013, 12:11:10 pm »

I'm a little confused here. Maybe beccouse of the lack of pictures. Two arms? Did we manage to cut off a finger or did we merely light him on fire? What signs of life is he giving? Is he actively chasing us, or simply moving a little?
The original owner of the glove only had one arm.
"Merely" lit on fire.
Has a pulse but not moving.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 20, 2013, 12:44:19 pm »

The original owner of the glove only had one arm.
I figured he regenerated it with the power of the glove.

"Merely" lit on fire.
Has a pulse but not moving.
If we're not taking any body parts, we should ask *euhg* Ironion for the guy's full name later and slab him. I don't want to meet his ghost.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:46:52 pm by AfellowDwarf »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 20, 2013, 01:22:47 pm »

Get to the pub, have someone from there get you medical help.

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 20, 2013, 01:43:02 pm »

On the gauntlet:  testing does seem appropriate, but it is imperative that we do not give the gauntlet to somebody else.  We should simply test it on a weak creature:  a kitten, or a chick.  Do this before getting medical attention, to see if it has any effect on our wounds.  Whatever corrupting power the gauntlet has, it will surely be weaker when used on a weaker creature- and our prophet shall be protected by our glory, in any case.

Beyond that, we must acquire a helmet!  The bad dwarves can still hear Nerin's thoughts.  That's how the mayor knew he wasn't a leader.  That's why we were attacked in the hallway. 

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 20, 2013, 01:58:23 pm »

On the gauntlet:  testing does seem appropriate, but it is imperative that we do not give the gauntlet to somebody else.  We should simply test it on a weak creature:  a kitten, or a chick.
Bah. If we must test it, we should make a monkey on a chain wear it. No need to do it ourselves.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 20, 2013, 06:40:25 pm »

according to his story this guy is just a dwarf, he's still alive maybe we should tie him up and hide him in a nearby ally or something, go to the brewery so we can attend more pressing matters, like hiding from the horde of military that's after us, and get us healed.

then we can secure this guy into the room or buy a pick and dig a secret room somewhere to use as hideout/HQ/interrogation chamber... make sure to tie him very good and gag his mouth so he doesn't scream...

we could even buy some sort of forgotten beast syndrome that causes paralysis to keep him on check...

we need to find out how the gauntlet works, this guy is the best for it...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 90