Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 177115 times)

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #315 on: February 23, 2013, 02:07:27 pm »

Keep it honest and simple. just not the whole truth, obviously :)
As for the Artifact of Doom... I think we are going to have to tell some of these people about it sooner or later if we stick with them, but not everyone here is necessarily going to be a part of our next step.  Those that are need to know about the gauntlet, because if that thing starts to subvert us or someone else, others have to know what a threat the gauntlet-host could pose and how far gone they might well be.

It might help poor, dithering Nerin's resolve later if we have people who are willing to kill us if we go to the dark side, and pick up the torch of making this place better.

But let's focus on getting a band we SORT OF trust before finding anyone we trust that completely.

+1

triato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 23, 2013, 05:08:53 pm »

The smoking dwarf is looking at us in a strange way. He knows something. I think he is Aragorn!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 23, 2013, 05:21:14 pm »

The smoking dwarf is looking at us in a strange way. He knows something. I think he is Aragorn!
Or maybe it's the gaping wound on or shoulder.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #318 on: February 23, 2013, 05:50:02 pm »

What, option 4 caught back up?
Well, who do we thrust?
The people in the immediate vicinity of Nerin would be - Brewster, Esmar, Razor, Piper and an old unintroduced dwarf.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 23, 2013, 06:06:19 pm »

What, option 4 caught back up?
Well, who do we thrust?
The people in the immediate vicinity of Nerin would be - Brewster, Esmar, Razor, Piper and an old unintroduced dwarf.

So we know everyone near us except for the old dwarf then. Not much different from just telling everyone.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 23, 2013, 06:11:54 pm »

We don't know the piper. We know he has an intrest in money, and that he knows his way around here well enough to smuggle pretty much anything. I don't think I'd trust him with gauntlet relating information; he might know about teneborsus. Now that I think about it, we might not want to sell him those glasses.

alonard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 23, 2013, 11:38:31 pm »

i say tell them all half of the story and see their reactions, depending on how they'll react we can determine who we can trust and who not.
and keep the god damn gauntlet just because it attacked us once doesn't mean its against us, we might be able to convince it to help us instead. remember "live" artifacts are contently searching for the right person to use them so why not us?

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 24, 2013, 09:50:19 am »

Remember "live" artifacts are contently searching for the right person to use them so why not us?
Our want for free will, maybe? The gauntlet doesn't give off red smoke becouse it wants to be our friend. That'd have to be pink smoke.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:59:14 am by AfellowDwarf »

alonard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 24, 2013, 10:07:54 am »

Remember "live" artifacts are contently searching for the right person to use them so why not us?
Our want for free will, maybe? The gauntlet doesn't give off red smoke because it wants to be our friend. That'd have to be pink smoke.

i would be more worried if it was pink, i do agree we need to be careful with it about how much control we give it but it would be stupid to just throw away such a gift

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 24, 2013, 10:18:14 am »

i do agree we need to be careful with it about how much control we give it but it would be stupid to just throw away such a gift
That's the thing; we don't know how much controll we give it by putting it on. I'm not keen on finding that out, myself.

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 24, 2013, 11:37:41 am »

I recall a poem on the topic of truth-telling, which is really one of my favorite.

"Tell all the truth but tell it slant,
Success in circuit lies,
Too bright for our infirm delight
The truth's superb surprise;

As lightning to the children eased
With explanation kind,
The truth must dazzle gradually
Or every man be blind. "

Tell them we were attacked.  Tell them we managed to subdue our attacker, but didn't kill him.  Show them something- but not the gauntlet- to prove the story.  Then tell them that we don't want to get the authorities involved.

As their trust in you deepens, slowly you can reveal the whole truth:  that you are a prophet, and that they shall be your acolytes.

And Nerin:  the gods murmur fearfully about the gauntlet.  Lesser deities are always nervous when prophets increase their power.  It is an item to be respected, and handled carefully- but do not attempt to destroy or discard it.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 24, 2013, 11:51:13 am »

And Nerin:  the gods murmur fearfully about the gauntlet.  Lesser deities are always nervous when prophets increase their power.

*Ahem*

You dare call me a lesser deity?I am Gili Stonehelm, the god of fire and reason, the only one of us with enough substance to seperate himself from the crowd. I daresay you are the lesser deity, and are using the gauntlet in a lowly scheme to topple the balance of power.

On an unrelated note, we should have some mechanism of telling people we're out of controll. I suggest we tell them to kill us as soon as we wear a metal helmet.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:49:07 pm by AfellowDwarf »

triato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 24, 2013, 02:55:05 pm »

Ask if someone can take care of your wounded shoulder. After that we probably will have an oportunity to chat privatelly with whoever voluntiers. If everyone crowds around us, we can ask for space since we ´´can hardly regain our breth´´.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #328 on: February 24, 2013, 04:45:55 pm »

-I went over to the mayors office and...tried to regain my title as the leader of Rocklod, afterall I am the lone survivor.
-Bwhahah, ya should've talked to someone first. Anyone could've told ya that the mayor 'imself is a real bastard, only thinkin' 'bout his gold all the time. You could say sharin' aint kinda his thing, eh.
-Uhmm...well I came to that conclusion myself. He sent someone after me to kill me...
-Then how come this little bastard is standing in my bar then, eh? The mayor rarly doesnt get things the way he wants 'em.
-This dwarf all clothed in black came after me with an axe and...well, he kinda sliced up my shoulder pretty bad but then...I knocked him out.
-Huh, I was following your story pretty damn good up until the part where ya decided to knock the bastard out. How the fck did ya manage that, eh?
-Honestly? You fought one of the mayors men, those guys aren't like the warden's rag-tag militia you know.
-Why is...the rum always gone?
-I..don't know... I got lucky I guess.
-Bwahaha, I'd give ya a drink but you seem to be in the need of somethin' else there mate.
-Ah well...yea I don't feel too good...
-But...
-Mhhm?
-Is it really safe to go to the hospital? They'll probably be looking for me there, right?
-Bwhahaha, you know bwahaha...
-Pull yourself together fatso.
-Okay, here's the deal. In one way you might accually say that the hospital would be the safest place for you right now. You see they're not part of the general system, much like my own humble establishment. But you might wonder why, isn't the chief medical dwarf a noble like the rest? Well, yea. But noone wants anything to do with the guy, not the mayor, not the warden, not even the Mountainhomes. That doesn't mean they haven't tried in the past, oh no they have. A couple of years ago the mayor sent one of his underlings to deal with all that bureaucracy bullshit. The kid didn't know much about the doctor so he just went down there to do his ususal business, imagine his reaction when the the chief just decided to bring him in him in for an emergancy heart transplant.
-Funny thing is, the kid survived and was as healthy as ever before. Well physically at least, suffered heavy mental trauma and drowned himself in a barrel of plump wine a week later.
-You said...-in one way it might be the safest place?
-Ah well, the doctor just happens to be batshit crazy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
O_____O'
Did you guys hear what he just said!? We can't go there!

...epens, slowly you can reveal the whole truth:  that you are a prophet, and that they shall be your acolytes.
And Nerin:  the gods murmur fearfully about the gauntlet.  Lesser deities are always nervous when prophets increase their power.  It is an item to be respected, and handled carefully- but do not attempt to destroy or discard it.
*Ahem*
You dare call me a lesser deity?I am Gili Stonehelm, the god of fire and reason, the only one of us with enough substance to seperate himself from the crowd. I daresay you are the lesser deity, and are using the gauntlet in a lowly scheme to topple the balance of power.

Are you guys even paying attention!?
Shut up Nerin!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:25:30 am by slowpokez »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 24, 2013, 05:10:10 pm »

We should buy an extremely stiff drink(or just a lot of drink) and a blindfold#. If we're too drunk to remember what happened, we can't get traumatized. We had better stash our stuff in our room before we head there, though. We don't want the doctor to get hold of the gauntlet, and our axe isn't exactly suitable for performing surgeries.

We should also buy a new map now that we've got the cash and the chance. Maybe a top that isn't damaged? I still suggest a dress.

Edit:
We had best carry the drink with us to the hospital entrance. We want to be concious enough to reach the doctor.

#Edit2:
Any lap of cloth would do. Now I think about it, we might as well use the cape and save money.

Edit3:
Drinking too much(I'm thinking an entire barrel of cheap and strong liquer) in our current state might not be healthy(not even when we're unwounded, probably) but this doctor can do a heart transplant without a donor. I'm sure he's able keep us from getting damaged by alchohol poisoning.

We should also buy a mug to drink out of. I suggest either a magma safe mug(pitchblende, olivine), or a burnable mug(bimutonous coal, or featherwood if we want to be a wood-drinking elf)

Edit4:
We should tell the doctor that the mayor's men are out to kill us, especially one tall guy with very serious burns.

Since we're going to be wasted when we get there, we should write this on a note, as well as that the wound on our shoulder needs fixing. We need to buy something to write on and something to write with(though, perhaps we could use our own blood to safe money, maybe write it on our current shirt before we start drinking? We could also us our old map.). Anotheredit: there is no need to buy a pencil/feather. We can just write with the thin end of the glasses.

Edit5:
We needn't go to our room if we ask Brewster or Esmar to safeguard our belongings. Maybe brewster has some kind of storage service?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 06:38:06 pm by AfellowDwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 90