Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 176996 times)

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #330 on: February 24, 2013, 06:38:31 pm »

We should buy an extremely stiff drink(or just a lot of drink) and a blindfold#. If we're too drunk to remember what happened, we can't get traumatized. We had better stash our stuff in our room before we head there, though. We don't want the doctor to get hold of the gauntlet, and our axe isn't exactly suitable for performing surgeries.

We should also buy a new map now that we've got the cash and the chance. Maybe a top that isn't damaged? I still suggest a dress.

Edit:
We had best carry the drink with us to the hospital entrance. We want to be concious enough to reach the doctor.

#Edit2:
Any lap of cloth would do. Now I think about it, we might as well use the cape and save money.

Edit3:
Drinking too much(I'm thinking an entire barrel of cheap and strong liquer) in our current state might not be healthy(not even when we're unwounded, probably) but this doctor can do a heart transplant without a donor. I'm sure he's able keep us from getting damaged by alchohol poisoning.

We should also buy a mug to drink out of. I suggest either a magma safe mug(pitchblende, olivine), or a burnable mug(bimutonous coal, or featherwood if we want to be a wood-drinking elf)

Edit4:
We should tell the doctor that the mayor's men are out to kill us, especially one tall guy with very serious burns.

Since we're going to be wasted when we get there, we should write this on a note, as well as that the wound on our shoulder needs fixing. We need to buy something to write on and something to write with(though, perhaps we could use our own blood to safe money, maybe write it on our current shirt before we start drinking? We could also us our old map.). Anotheredit: there is no need to buy a pencil/feather. We can just write with the thin end of the glasses.

Can't we just get a doctor to come and see us?

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 24, 2013, 06:44:34 pm »

I don't think a doctor woud come and see us immediately. And we're still in danger from the mayor's men. We might need to flee soon, or fight. I'd rather do so with a closed shoulder. This medical dwarf is also the best doctor around; the kid got a heart transplant without a donor, and walked away the next day. We're not going to have to let our wounds heal if he fixes us. Besides, we don't know who this other doctor you're suggesting might work for, or to who he might talk about us.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 06:47:33 pm by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 24, 2013, 06:50:40 pm »

This medical dwarf is also the best doctor around; the kid got a heart transplant without a donor and walked away the next day.

You got a point. On to the doctor! Who cares if he's insane.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 24, 2013, 06:51:46 pm »

You got a point. On to the doctor! Who cares if he's insane.
It's not like we'll remember, anyway.

Edit:
We should specify that the burned dwarf wore pants. I think ass-crack has learned his lesson by now; we needn't paint him as one of the mayor's men if he survived.

Edit2:
If Brewster hasn't got a storage service, we could buy a coffer with lock for ourselves. I suggest we take a cinnabar one(it's the hardest to steal, and we'd have bigger troubles if the brewstry got flooded with magma anyway). I bet Brewster will allow us to put it into his brewstry if we offer to let him rent it out once we're done with it.

Edit3:
Let's politely ask Esmar to help us carry the liquer. We might have trouble carrying stuff with our injured shoulder.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 07:38:41 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 24, 2013, 10:55:31 pm »

Let's store the stuff as suggested at the brewery, then go to the hospital to get treated. Remove/change disguise, maybe convince our dwarfette special friend to come with us.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 25, 2013, 10:45:08 am »

I'm starting to think I may need to try to be more.. summarily?
Anyway, fixing ourselves would probably be a bad idea. Sure, doctor skills are usefull, but it might be wise to practice them on people who aren't Nerin becouse of the fair risk of death.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #336 on: February 25, 2013, 11:24:30 am »

I'm starting to think I may need to try to be more.. summarily?
Ofc not ;D, great filler content.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 25, 2013, 02:24:14 pm »

We should also mention or write that we've been hit in the head. If we had a fracture or something without realizing it, the doctor will be able to fix that too.

Edit:
Unrelatedly, I was just looking at the gauntlet post and noticed the hedgehog. I guess I was too focussed on my dress before.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 04:32:21 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #338 on: February 26, 2013, 02:18:36 pm »

-Ummh....well, I guess I have to go...
-Aye, good luck mate. You'll need it, bwahahaha.
-You know what...I think I'll have that free drink beafore I go...
-Bwahahah, now that's the talk of a real dorf right there.
-Just get me something strong.
-Time for another Monarch-butterly then, ey?
-No...just no. Get me some rum or something.
-Your loss mate.
-Ah, and another thing...think you could hold on to my bag while I'm gone?
-Sure won't be a problem.
*After a mug of liquid courage I head towards the hospital*

My vision had gone a bit blurry so rather then walking I stumbled forward at a disgraceful manner, hopefully it was just the of the alcohol and had nothing to do with some sort of bloodloss or infection. As I was about to leave the bar someone approached me as if they were about to help me, but instead the dwarf put his arm around my neck and started speaking silently in a deep, raspy voice.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Does he want the gauntlet!?
Yes, Nerin. That is what he said. ::)
But...
You have no use for it, just give it to him.
Well, when...
No, for fuck sake Nerin he's ripping you off. It's an artifact, you can't just go and sell that!
I don't know...

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 26, 2013, 02:34:25 pm »

As much as I'd like to rid ourselves of that dreaded thing, I'd dread to see anyone put it on again. It needs t be hidden or destroyed.

Also, an artifact gauntlet is worth more then that, unless it's made out of common stone or something.

On the other hand, this guy has weapons, and brewster is guarding our stuff. We need to ask him what happens if we don't hand him the gauntlet(maybe what he'll do with it).

If he'll leave it, I say we deny him. If he'll take it anyway, we should raise the price.

Edit:
Also, we need to tell him*quietly* that the gauntet has a will of its own.

If he plans to destroy it, we should offer to help him once we get back(But we shouldn't let him carry it in this case. I'm not getting conned out of this.)

Edit2:
Alternatively, grab the pipe, stab it in one of his eyes(both if applicable), take the bag and run. Or stumble briskly, at least.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:02:30 pm by AfellowDwarf »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 26, 2013, 03:37:00 pm »

HAHAHA this guy must think we're an idiot.  As if whatever money he's offering is going to be more valuable than this artifact.  Forget this loser, lets just get to the doctor.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 26, 2013, 03:42:53 pm »

HAHAHA this guy must think we're an idiot.  As if whatever money he's offering is going to be more valuable than this artifact.  Forget this loser, lets just get to the doctor.
We should really consider his options better. He sells anything, that probably includes weapons, and he has at least a thousand urists worth of gauntlet aquisition funds. He can afford enough kit with that to kill all the unarmed civilians in the brewstry. And Esmar woul have to get pretty lucky to beat a guy in armor.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 26, 2013, 03:47:09 pm »

I know some of you guys are against using the gauntlet but it really is a valuable and probably very powerful tool.  We shouldn't be giving it away.  If anything we should be looking to find safe ways of using it.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 26, 2013, 03:58:58 pm »

If he murders Brewster and Esmar while we're in the hospital, we'll have no gauntlet, no items and no allies. Merely not having a gauntlet beats that, especially with the warden and the mayor on our tail.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 26, 2013, 05:12:33 pm »

Put that freaking gauntlet on and punch the bastard in the face. Good for testing it's life leeching powers.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 90