Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 176983 times)

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #345 on: February 26, 2013, 05:29:00 pm »

Ignore him for a moment and warn Brewster about this guy. Return to him and politely decline his offer by calling him a lunatic for offering such a low price and tell him you will speak with him afterwards in your room (rush away before telling him where your room is).

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 26, 2013, 07:19:39 pm »

we should ask him what he wants specifically, maybe he just saw the glasses or the goblin axe we took from Tenebrous, and is offering coins for that, anyway we should tell him we'll deal with him after the hospital, maybe we should get to talk with an appraiser after leaving the hospital to get a fair idea of how much our crap is really worth, so we can barter with this guy.

If we deal with him ask for expensive gems instead of coins, those are valuable everywhere in the world the coins only work for this civ.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:40:46 pm by Kaos »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 26, 2013, 09:49:30 pm »

The gauntlet is worth way more than 1000. The cheapest artifacts are around 4000, and Extortusshis is a very powerful artifact. Probably worth at least 100 000 urist.
Fighting him with Extortusshis would be a bad idea, because our right arm is injured and it is a right handed gauntlet. Probably best to just politely refuse the deal and trust Brewster to keep the gauntlet safe.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 27, 2013, 12:13:44 am »

Turning him down politely is good -- though it might be best if when we did so we left him with the impression the door was still open to bargain with us when we got stitched up.  I'd also kind of trust Esmar with the artifact more than Brewster at this point.  Brewster's great, but he clearly samples plenty of his own wares over the course of a night (as we saw last time), meaning a sober Pipe Smoking Dwarf could get the better of him.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 27, 2013, 10:50:26 am »

Ignore him for a moment and warn Brewster about this guy.
I agree we should tell Brewster that he should watch out for the piper. How about we tell him he can use our goblin axe if he needs to?

Thinking about ways to destroy the gauntlet, maybe if we soak it in monarch butterfly for long enough?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:44:52 am by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

alonard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 27, 2013, 02:43:13 pm »

ok voices you are getting annoying with your paranoia, i vote we put on the god damn glove after we get healed to find out once and for all what it's effect on us is. if we dont like the outcome we sell it to the guy and be done with it. so no more talking about destroying it before we see the doc ok?

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 27, 2013, 03:38:47 pm »

I vote we put on the god damn glove after we get healed to find out once and for all what it's effect on us is. if we dont like the outcome we sell it to the guy and be done with it.
Of course, the result could also lead to us standing atop a pile of corpses, in the aim of crossbows. That'd leave very little time to sell anything. And once word spreads, nobody is going to want to buy the murder mitten.

So no more talking about destroying it before we see the doc ok?
It's the most relevant and least distastefull material I have at the moment. Besides, you have no power over me. But since you don't want paranoia, I'll bring out some more out of the box thinking.

If we tie a big enough monkey(that's been paralized by spine damage) to our chest, its arms to our arms and its fingers to ours as well, we could 'wear' the gauntlet without actually wearing it. Grabbing someone by the neck would be instakill.(As an added bonus, we'd have a legendary monkey pet)

Edit: Or we could take a small monkey, also paralized, and tie it to our arm. We could chop off it's unneccecairy limbs to make him easy to carry. And we'd get monkey meat to train him with.

Edit2: We could tie another monkey to our head and start a small scale breading program. We could make monkey sized armor for our monkeys from their childrens' skin. Maybe we could keep a few monkeys in handy in case one of our monkeys die in battle.

Edit3: Maybe we could take the muliated monkey's limb bones and make a helmet for him? And how about we make a mitten out of his other arm's skin for him to wear under his gauntlet. We could make another one for ourselves(from his feet) so that we don't need to touch the monkey with our bare arm. Anotheredit: We should leave the tail on for style.

Edit4:
Monkeys are hard to come by, and expensive. We should practise our (animal)surgery on cheap rabbits. Would baby rabbits be cheaper? Or maybe if we bought a turkey, practised our surgery on him, then used the remains to catch vermin, then practised on those?

Alternatively, we could get an undead hand and tie it to a stick.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:32:52 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #352 on: February 27, 2013, 04:52:50 pm »

I vote we put on the god damn glove after we get healed to find out once and for all what it's effect on us is. if we dont like the outcome we sell it to the guy and be done with it.
Of course, the result could also lead to us standing atop a pile of corpses, in the aim of crossbows. That'd leave very little time to sell anything. And once word spreads, nobody is going to want to buy the murder mitten.

So no more talking about destroying it before we see the doc ok?
It's the most relevant and least distastefull material I have at the moment. Besides, you have no power over me. But since you don't want paranoia, I'll bring out some more out of the box thinking.

If we tie a big enough monkey(that's been paralized by spine damage) to our chest, its arms to our arms and its fingers to ours as well, we could 'wear' the gauntlet without actually wearing it. Grabbing someone by the neck would be instakill.(As an added bonus, we'd have a legendary monkey pet)

Edit: Or we could take a small monkey, also paralized, and tie it to our arm. We could chop off it's unneccecairy limbs to make him easy to carry. And we'd get monkey meat to train him with.

Edit2: We could tie another monkey to our head and start a small scale breading program. We could make monkey sized armor for our monkeys from their childrens' skin. Maybe we could keep a few monkeys in handy in case one of our monkeys die in battle.

Edit3: Maybe we could take the muliated monkey's limb bones and make a helmet for him? And how about we make a mitten out of his other arm's skin for him to wear under his gauntlet. We could make another one for ourselves(from his feet) so that we don't need to touch the monkey with our bare arm. Anotheredit: We should leave the tail on for style.

Edit4:
Monkeys are hard to come by, and expensive. We should practise our (animal)surgery on cheap rabbits. Would baby rabbits be cheaper? Or maybe if we bought a turkey, practised our surgery on him, then used the remains to catch vermin, then practised on those?

Alternatively, we could get an undead hand and tie it to a stick.
I know that some day people will vote for your stupid plans but...that day is probably not today...

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 27, 2013, 04:57:51 pm »

I'd be really weirded out if someone actually voted for that plan. I wouldn't vote for it myself, at any rate. Monkey muliation and ripping apart rabbits is a tad too far. And I suppose I went a little too far on this one. I'll be less disturbing in the future.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:09:00 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #354 on: February 27, 2013, 05:29:06 pm »

I'd be really weirded out if someone actually voted for that plan. I wouldn't vote for it myself, at any rate. Monkey muliation and ripping apart rabbits is a tad too far. And I suppose I went a little too far on this one. I'll be less disturbing in the future.
-
Ofc not ;D, great filler content.
Mhhmmm, quoting myself again

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 01, 2013, 03:10:58 am »

-
Ofc not ;D, great filler content.
Mhhmmm, quoting myself again

Lets do this! (And no I'm not saying we should mutilate monkeys, I'm saying lets keep going.)

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #356 on: March 02, 2013, 12:41:28 pm »

-Uhhm, I'm sorry but I'm in bit of a hurry...
-Hmmphh
-Maybe we could continue this discussion at a later date?
-Don't worry I'll find you.
-Uhmm....I'll be off then...

*Struggles down to the hospital*

Nerin, what are you waiting for?- one of the voices burst out as I hesitate in front of the door.
Maybe this is bad...remember what they said back at the bar...
You know your shoulder aint gonna fix it self.
Yea...but...
How bad can it, eh?

I take a deep breath and open the door.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Huh? the doc isn't here?
-Uhhm...excuse me, I'm....a bit hurt.
-Don't worry darlin', we'll take care of you.
-The doc will be here any minute now.

-Ehhm...well I think I hurt my shoulder.
-Yes it would seem that way, you could lie down over.
-I'll go get the doctor just wait a moment

I tried to lie back and relax...all I could think about was the horrific doctor. I tried to calm myself but my eyes was repeatedly crawling towards the door. My hands began shaking violently...my beard was soaked in sweat...I couldn't breath...
Suddently I heard the door slowly opening...
The door flung up with such force that the bed covers swayed like sails in a storm.

-Good day brother! You seem to be in a pityful state! How bout we get you patched up?

-Ughyuhh...uhmm...yes.
-Don't be afraid I'm a doctor!
-I already kne-
-Allrighty then! You got any money?
- Well, the thi-
-Hahah! The fee is 100 coins!
-That's quite a bi-
-But here's the thing! You could get the treatment for free!
-You aren't going to let me answ-
-No need to answer! There is no catch!
-Then why would someone p-
-However! The deal comes with a bonus! You get me as your surgeon!
-Oh...
-Shall we get started then!?

Lets do this! (And no I'm not saying we should mutilate monkeys, I'm saying lets keep going.)
I'm lazy.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 02, 2013, 01:23:08 pm »

Let this guy experiment on us. Maybe we will get a gizzard, or an extra finger or something. We could try staying awake and watching, so that we will gain medical knowledge.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 02, 2013, 01:45:52 pm »

Just the standard treatment please.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 02, 2013, 02:38:10 pm »

Let's warn him about the mayor's men(especially teneborsus, he'll be burnt in the face if he's alive) and take the free treatment.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 90