Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 176768 times)

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #435 on: March 13, 2013, 05:12:05 pm »

This is all just falling to pieces.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #436 on: March 13, 2013, 05:13:50 pm »

This is all just falling to pieces.
Nah, just getting insaner.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 13, 2013, 05:26:13 pm »

Nah, just getting insaner.
I'm pleased to hear that.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #438 on: March 13, 2013, 07:02:33 pm »

Oh shit!
Don't worry Nerin he doesnt know that you live here.
Okay?
Blame it on the nurse.

*I widened my eyes and looked at the nurse with a surprised expression*
-You did what!?
-...What?
-What?
-what?
-I've never been here...

-What the fuck happned to that guys shoulder?

Uhh...what didn't go as planned...
You had a plan?
No, you had a plan.
This is getting confusing. Just tell him you got stabbed by some shady character.

-Some asshole wearing shades and wielding a weapon barged into my room and attacked me!
-First the bloody ghost and now this bullshit! I've got no fucking idea what's going on around here! I'm leaving. Oh, and by the way it doesnt matter if you did it or not, next time I see you fucking around this place I'll kick ya teeth in!

Phew...
Fuck, that's one arrogant bastard.

-Well, fuck you too.

Nerin don't say that outloud!

-What did you say!?
-Uhhm...Nothin'
-Better be that way.

-Who was that?
-Uhrrmm...Just..hrrg... some friendly neighbour, you kn...
!
-AHhh, what was that!?
-Just some tranquiilzer...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*Thump*
Not my fa...
What the...

I...I must be dreaming...
Wha...why is...
Guys?
Shit.
Why is the ground up there!?
Wait...are those what I think they...
*bluargghhuuhh*
This is a fucking nightmare! I'm stuck on a tiny rock in the middle of an ocean, an ocean of...clouds. My only escape appears to be a bridge of flesh but it's destination is just as uknown as the rest of the place...
I'm...I'm stuck...
I might aswell just...wait
That's right I can just jump! Afterall it's just a dream!
*I hurriedly hop onto my feet.*
But as I walked up towards the edge I felt my legs getting heavier and my head started spinning...
When the tip of my shoe finally touched the ledge the pressure crushed my previous dedication and I threw myself back towards safe ground.
I spent many hours on that island...the silence felt strange yet refreshing. However I could never properly rest as everytime I closed my eyes I heard a soft scraping sound...a sort of crawling...twisting sound...
But this world remained the same no matter how long I waited...
In the end there was no other choice left...I had to scale the bridge of bodies...and see what fate awaited me at the other end...
Every step filled me with disgust as my boots sunk into their soft skin, softer than the skin of an old corpse yet too still and inanimate to be alive. To my delight the path was no longer then a few horselengths.

Another jawdropping sight...it almost seemed as if someone had ripped a hole in the mist...I had trouble wrapping my mind around the concept...
Somewhere deep within a red source of light shone bright...it reminded me of something...another dream...the glove!
With the dark, mysterious worldhole in front of me and the calm yet frightening place behind me I felt like I was caught in some sort of trap...
But nothing happned...
Maybe this is something that I have to do...
I don't know...
In the end I decided to enter the gloomy entrance.
The light from before was gone...had it fainted away? Now I was caught in complete darkness...
Gravity ceased to exist and so did sound...
But then I was presented with a few lines of old dwarven runes...written in the same strange light...Or perhaps that's just the way I imagined it? I could no longer tell my own thoughts and the world around me apart...
I tried to translate it to the best of my ablility...but as I transcribed a word it was rewritten in modern tongue. I guess this wasn't real...but then again none of it was?
Suddently I felt my wheight returning...I began falling leaving the strange lines behind...
What did they mean? Had I translated them wrong? What was the purpose of my dream?
...sigh

Sorry 'bout slow updates lately. I've been pretty busy, only thing keeping me alive right now are lethal doses of caffeine and nicotine.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:05:37 pm by slowpokez »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 13, 2013, 07:18:05 pm »

Teneborsus, the ghost that was mentioned, is trying to mess with our head here, telling us to use the glove to futher our goals. But in his stupidity, he also slipped that it has a mind of it's own. We should not wield it.

Why didn't we try to take one of the corpses? It might've been usefull. Are there still corpes around?

Edit:
Oh, and by the way it doesnt matter if you did it or not, next time I see you fucking around this place I'll kick ya teeth in!
Heh. Next time we'll have an axe, silly.

Edit2:
I guess we should get the axe and the rest of our stuff before we loot asscrack's place. Did he leave that sock on the bed?

Edit3:
I just realized Nerin knows what corpses feel like beneath his feet. No need to be shy about murdering anyone up, then.

Edit4:
Hmm, maybe we could kill the nurse. Take her stuff, tell the doctor someone killed her for lighting his place aflame, and that this person fixed us up. We'd get medical equipment and we wouldn't need to pay the fee.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:12:04 pm by AfellowDwarf »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 13, 2013, 08:34:21 pm »

Recruit the nurse.  She could be a pretty cool assassin.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 13, 2013, 10:31:35 pm »

WTF? when did this turned into Evangelion? seems that the Instrumentality Project already started...
Can't quite find the refference I'm afraid.

Heh. The passive option actually got a vote.
Have you watched Evangelion?

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 14, 2013, 12:20:48 am »

DO NOT USE THE GAUNTLET.

The gauntlet is a sapient artifact, and its thematics and history are decidedly on the grim/evil scale.  We want to stay alive and free-willed, we keep it secret and safe until we can find some way to obliterate it.  I sstill vote for hauling the thing down to SMR.  This is an old, advanced fortress, it's got to have magma access, which will hopefully mean access to the Magma Sea somewhere.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 14, 2013, 12:30:20 am »

DO NOT USE THE GAUNTLET.

The gauntlet is a sapient artifact, and its thematics and history are decidedly on the grim/evil scale.  We want to stay alive and free-willed, we keep it secret and safe until we can find some way to obliterate it.  I sstill vote for hauling the thing down to SMR.  This is an old, advanced fortress, it's got to have magma access, which will hopefully mean access to the Magma Sea somewhere.

Do you really think SMR will destroy it?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 14, 2013, 01:16:42 am »

DO NOT USE THE GAUNTLET.

Do you really think SMR will destroy it?

Just imagine what happens in a Magma Man intercepts it.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 14, 2013, 01:20:08 am »

I did not get the "magma man intercepts it" part.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 14, 2013, 02:33:34 am »

Well, magma men have hands..
We should probably obsidianise it before throwing it in, to prevent anything with hands from wearing it.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 14, 2013, 02:39:40 am »

SMR is omnidestructive.  Frankly, I can't think of anything at the moment that's more likely to be able to wipe out a divine artifact like the gauntlet.  A dwarven atom smasher?  I find that less likely to help out.  But... yeah, a preliminary obsidian casting would seem in order.

In the event that we can't think of a way to destroy the gauntlet, we might start thinking about a way to bury it deep, so that it doesn't see use again in our time and hopefully for a while after: Ship the problem to the dwarves of a future age who unearth it, and hopefully have better means of destroying things.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 14, 2013, 05:06:21 am »

I still say it's the safest if it's in our hands... on our hand. It is a gift to the foes of Mordor! Why not use this glove?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 14, 2013, 09:48:23 am »

Becouse we can find our path on our own, and we don't want the pathfinder's path interfering with it.

Maybe the other artifacts of this fort could help us victor over the glove? We should ask about them in the brewstry. Maybe we'll get some extra insight in the gauntlet, too.

Edit:
This is usually not my style, but maybe we should take good gander of what's going on before we do anything. What is the nurse doing, is there anyone else here? Is there any nurse equipment strewn about? How much strength do we have in terms of blood loss?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:43:31 pm by AfellowDwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 90