Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 175735 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #855 on: October 19, 2013, 12:44:07 pm »

We can change the goblin political system to our liking once we rise to power. They are probably the easiest civilization for us to gain a leadership position in (considering our current ethics).
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: October 19, 2013, 12:47:47 pm »

Ethics are unimportant in a goblin civilisation. Consider our ability to deal with an angry gobin archer instead.

Edit: Being in power would be sweet, but we need to rise in power first. That's a lot easier in elven civilisation, where people don't allow wanton murder.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:55:52 pm by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: October 19, 2013, 01:00:42 pm »

Yeah, by current ethics, I meant our current lack of ethics. Anyway, we still have that badass gauntlet, so we can just rip everyone apart.

I don't want to rule over a elven civilization. It was worth considering before but these guys are just too much.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 19, 2013, 01:13:44 pm »

Anyway, we still have that badass gauntlet, so we can just rip everyone apart.
That's why I specified a goblin archer. That gauntlet is just an arm sized shield when there's a few urists between us and them.

It was worth considering before but these guys are just too much.
We're walking with a delusional madman here, no question. But just think about it, do most elves get themselves locked up? This elf is not a good representative of their entire race.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 01:19:11 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #859 on: October 19, 2013, 07:16:20 pm »

In the end we decided that it would be foolish to travel onwards on empty stomachs and Amathspar proved imcapable of contributing to our cause. So I did what all dwarves do when they're cornered in a really bad position. I dug.
As much as it pained me to bring back the memories I was greatly aided by my previous experiences of surviving in the wild, all those long weeks out on the vast planes and in the dense forests of the realm had made me surpass my peers when it came to rummaging in the mud. I was ustoppable.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But in the end my expansive knowledge and extraordinary skill didn't amount to much...you can only survive for so long on filthy roots and acorns... Well at least my companion won't die off in some ditch leaving me all lost in the forest...

As the journey continued I got yet another lesson about Seraté's "vastly superior" political system, a taste of elven poetry and some insight in the elven fear of metal. Most dwarves claim that the elves don't forge blades because they don't wish to harm nature or because they're too weak to lift metal objects but according to Amathspar it's related to the death of their second godess and the end of magic. The moon was a god of war, death and cultivation mirrored by her sister the sun representing harmony, life and nature. On the same day that magic was lost the elves also lost their ability to forge metal and cultivate the land. It was hard to keep up the conversation as the poetry had caused an internal riot, perhaps for the better...
From there on we traveled in silence and before I knew it the sun was once again setting beyond the horizon, the red sphere seemed almost frail as it sunk beneath the hazy clouds and the landscape had suddently been painted in a deep red.
But as I stopped for a breif moment to take in the scene a distant squabbling brought me back from my thoughts like waking from a long dream, I told the others to stop as the noise traveled ever closer. Like a whisper echoing between the trees, coming closer and closer...

MMMmmurge....I shhhmell dwuuuuurff!
Nu-uh you ar wrong there! Thish ish clealy aelf.
Noo too filzhy to be eelf.
Hah! TOU CLEANLY YO BE DWURF!
Mauurfff...
Zhaddup Shnorkatz!
Thei ahreeg cloyse...*sniiiiiiiiiffffff*...I shhhhmell dwuuuu...
AELF!
Noh! ish durf.
I rip yah yar buulls off! and eet them!
I'll eet yuuuur firzht! Hah!

Shit...*gulp*...
-What's going on?
-shhh...goblins I think
-That's bad...
-baaaaaaad(Wilfred)

-Khzhe! No no no no nou thiz wurk lik thiz- me rip yar bullhz uff und killzh aelves!

-Nouuurhhh! ME put daggah in ur fece befur bullripz! und me get duuurf!
-Mhhhjhuuuhhh...
Zhaddup Shnorkatz!
Zhaddup Shnorkatz! und belives me it izh AELF!
mhjuhh...
-Pueh! De right-one getzh tu luut tzem!
-Jaheyy!
-whuy yuh happz?
-Me izh right-one!
-Nooouuu!

This is bad...really bad...shit!
Couldn't agree more.
Yea...
Time to sack the elf?
Huh?
Yea leave him behind and ride Wilfred to safety? Win-Win!
Even better we could trade him for the trust of the goblins...
Where is this going?
...we could trade him for the trust of the goblins...and change the goblin political system to our liking and then we rise to power!!!!!!!!!
That could backfire...
Solution?
A cat did it!
What!?
No wait that was the last one...
Uhmm...we can't just leave him! Without him we're lost!
Better lost than dead...
Perhaps...

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: October 19, 2013, 08:43:36 pm »

Hmm, not a lot of options here.

The wrestler and clubmoron aren't really threats compared to the guy with the dagger. We just need to take him down. We could run a little, leave the elf as bait somewhere and assault the dagger guy from behind as he approaches. If he gets too close, we could blind him with our flour.

Alternatively
Pretend to be a dangerous weregoat, saying so as we fall on our knees, screaming and urging the goblins to run before we kill again.
Tell them to not talk so loud, since there is a minotaur nearby, looking for something to kill. Stab them if they turn away.
Tell them they've fallen into our trap, and to drop their weapons and lay down if they want to live.
Tell them we know a village full of elven babies, but that we're only going to tell one of them where to find it, and that this goblin needs to kill the others to get that prize.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: October 20, 2013, 02:51:11 am »

Tell the goat and elf to stay out of it.
3 vs 1 fight: go into a martial trance.
Grab the Clubmoron's nose ring and pull really hard.
Slash everyone with the axe.
If we are injured: USE THE GAUNTLET!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: October 20, 2013, 03:53:39 am »

If we have to do anything involving goblins, step one is always: Put on the gauntlet! In my opinion. Without it we're just a dabbling axedwarf with an axe that makes gruesome but uncomfortably drawn out kills. With it, we are a regenerating avatar of bloody murder, with a weapon that tortures then kills.

That goes for the present situation as well as any possible schemes about joining goblins.

That's a fight them with the gauntlet on... we have better weaponry and equipment.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: October 20, 2013, 05:34:19 am »

We could also pretend to sell out our allies in exchange for not being killed by the goblins, offering their serfice to whoever negotiates with us. Then, as we shake hands, we kill the negotiator. We then insist that keeping him alive was not part of the deal, and that they need to keep their side of the bargain. The elf would probably have to carry the negotiator's corpse.

Edit: If we use the gauntlet, the wrestler will be a very serious threat.

Edit2: We could hand the rope to the elf and Wilbur, and have them try to trip the goblins so we can get a clear shot at them with the axe.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:55:22 am by AfellowDwarf »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: October 20, 2013, 01:28:17 pm »

Edit: If we use the gauntlet, the wrestler will be a very serious threat.

Why? He'd be one anyway. Using both the gauntlet and the axe instead of only the axe will improve our chances. And by use the gauntlet I mean put it on, dammit.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: October 20, 2013, 02:54:49 pm »

What worries me is that he might be able to wrestle it off us. If we use the gauntlet and take the daggergoblin first, it might realize that the gauntlet is trouble and try to take it off us. If we take the wrestler first, we can expect a dagger in the back.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: October 21, 2013, 12:02:17 am »

What worries me is that he might be able to wrestle it off us. If we use the gauntlet and take the daggergoblin first, it might realize that the gauntlet is trouble and try to take it off us. If we take the wrestler first, we can expect a dagger in the back.

If we don't use it, there is an even more probable outcome where they take it from our cooling, dead, body. Well, our backpack, but it's the same.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: October 21, 2013, 05:17:50 am »

If we don't use it, there is an even more probable outcome where they take it from our cooling, dead, body. Well, our backpack, but it's the same.
Look, if we're going to use that mind-intruding apparation, we might as well try to avoid losing it to the wrestler. Maybe have our comerades help us with him?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: October 21, 2013, 02:42:54 pm »

Look, if we're going to use that mind-intruding apparation, we might as well try to avoid losing it to the wrestler. Maybe have our comerades help us with him?
If we have our friend's help with this fight, then we don't get the benefit of a martial trance. It needs to be 3 vs 1.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: October 21, 2013, 06:12:31 pm »

What I'm saying is, if we use the gauntlet and the wrestler puts up wrestling resistance, we should call for help.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 90