Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 177105 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #870 on: October 21, 2013, 06:19:42 pm »

Use the gauntlet and have our team help if necessary. Kill all but one goblin who we shall take as a slave. Do we still have that coffin?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: October 21, 2013, 10:09:10 pm »

Can we take the hot one as a slave?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 22, 2013, 04:59:54 am »

Great minds think alike.

Edit: Erm, wait, which one are we talking about here? The one with the skimpy clothes or the one with the nice hair?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 05:49:51 am by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 22, 2013, 07:32:29 am »

Great minds think alike.

Edit: Erm, wait, which one are we talking about here? The one with the skimpy clothes or the one with the nice hair?

You guys are so shallow :P. What's wrong with the other goblin?
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 22, 2013, 08:16:39 am »

You guys are so shallow :P. What's wrong with the other goblin?
What's wrong with shallow? We can't take them all with us anyway, so we'll have to base our descision on something.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 22, 2013, 08:44:26 am »

I wasn't suggesting we take them all. It's just a shame to pick them based off looks instead of personality which is what's really important.
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 22, 2013, 09:41:33 am »

I wasn't suggesting we take them all. It's just a shame to pick them based off looks instead of personality which is what's really important.
I wasn't saying you said that. I was saying that we have to make a choice, and we don't have the information neccecairy to base that choice on personality. I mean, we don't even know which goblin said what.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:47:05 am by AfellowDwarf »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 22, 2013, 03:20:01 pm »

Are they even all goblins? The one in the middle looks like some amphibious cave animalman.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 22, 2013, 03:37:08 pm »

Hmm, now that you mention it.. That guy probably has some kind of syndrome that makes his face swell. We should try to avoid contact with it.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 22, 2013, 06:39:52 pm »

Or we could threaten them that if they don't leave us in peace, we'll have the elf sing at them.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 24, 2013, 01:33:14 am »

First we should equip the gauntlet and the axe.

Maybe the goblin in the prison was part of their band? couldn't we try talking with them first? maybe we can get some allies?

What happened to the nurse? she just wandered back? did she make it? maybe we should check on her, she's probably lost and scared and we could still be able to take her with us.

Maybe the goblins have seen her?

Failing diplomacy USE THE GAUNTLET!! ha ha ha ha!!!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 24, 2013, 05:00:57 am »

I guess that pretending to try diplomacy will be getting us on better terms with the elf.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #882 on: October 28, 2013, 10:00:29 am »

So what do we do? Leave the elf behind and run?
Nah, I think we should try and fight them, we won't get far without the elf.
I guess that pretending to try diplomacy will be getting us on better terms with the elf.
Hmmm, maybe but first we should equip the gauntlet and the axe.
Failing diplomacy USE THE GAUNTLET!! ha ha ha ha!!!

Great minds think alike.
Erm, wait, which one are we talking about here? The one with the skimpy clothes or the one with the nice hair?

You guys are so shallow. What's wrong with the other goblin?
STOP! It's gauntlet time!...and dimplomacy time...

-Okay, we can't hide here forever...
-Don't...don't say that...
-It'll be fine I'll talk to them...

I hesitate for a moment before I put on the glove...but in the end I really have no choice...
Suddently I feel a chill within my body...very faint but still enough to make me uncomfortable...just like a cold winterbreeze gnaws at your skin I felt something dark gnawing at my core...

-Hey...*gulp* Hey, goblins!
-AHA, finds it!
-Uhmm, could this somehow end peacefully...?
-Whats izh its? A aelf?
-Nooo...I shtill thingks duuurf.
-Whats you be!?
-A dwarf, an elf and a goat!
-Waitsh...
-So me get lootziezh? Is duurf.
-AND aelf!
-Aurghh yi Scharschlup!
-Backz or yill gets hurtz!
-Meee looot!
*At this point the argument devolves further into goblin and what ever common might've been mixed in before is all gone at this point*

This might be our chance to get away!
Run Nerin, Run!
Yes, yes! You don't have to say that twice!

-Shnorkatz! HOLD THEM!

*Suddently the deformed goblin comes running towards me*

With axe in hand and a few reassuring words from the voices I stay my ground and look right into it's eyes...or at least try to...
-Wuuuuuuuaaarghhhh!!!
But with one wide swing from it's stick it swoops me off my feet and I tumble down the hillside, body full of cuts and bruises and a ringing sensation from the blow.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As I manage to catch my breath I hear the goblin scuffle down the hill just on the other side of the shrubbery.
At the last second I manage to hide behind a tree, but just as I think I migth be safe I hear its heavy breathing coming closer...
Nerin get the dagger!
What?!
Get out your bloody dagger!
*I silently reach for the dagger*
He'll come around here any second now!
What do I do!?
He's stupid! just sneak around and backstab the fucker!
I proceed to slowly circle the tree...anticipating a sudden emerging of his ugly face at any given moment.
*gulp*
You can do it!
I don't know...
If you don't you'll surely die!
Maybe I can run away...
They'll track you down! Stop being such a pussy!
But I don't...
Aim for his clubbing arm, without that it's an easy fight!
*gulp*
-WhaaaaAAA
At first I feel the chilling emotion get stronger but then...I feel my fatigue fading...and a distant whsiper...
...feed

Nice cut Nerin!
What now!?
Leg it, I'd assume he's quite mad at this point.
...feed

I begin to run as fast as my legs will carry me but as I take cover I realise that the glove from the gauntlet is connecting the two of us and giving away my position.
-Wharluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuughhghgh!!!!!!
I brace for impact and... BAAAM!
...feed
I don't think I can do this...
Nerin this is not the time to give up...
It's impossible! I can't fight!
...feed
There's always a way!
But...
...it doesn't have to be you...
What, who said that!?
...you're weak...
WAIT!?, what are you doing!?
...someone else...
Noooo, what's going on...
*As the goblin reaches in to finish me off my eyes suddently bolt open and I spring up screaming at his face*
-IT IS GAUNTLET TIME BITCH!
-WAHAHAHHAHAHA
Where'd Nerin go?
Dunno, think it got something to with the gauntlet. Those two didn't really click.
Speaking of this thing's pretty awsome eh?
I'd argue it has some sort of an rejuvenating effect, you know we just fell quite a few urists up there.
Mmm, and still up and walking...
Some sort of relation to souls seems quite apparant aswell.
Agreed'
Now is not the time! Goblin first, no?
Hmmm, point taken.

*The creature is clearly startled by this but retaliates quickly*
A few broken ribs never hurt anyone eh?
I think it might've...
When was the last time you used your ribs?
Touché.

Do not worry dear friends! For there is a God amongst you! A just God! A caring god! A God of reasoning!
A paranoid god!
I shall vanquish mine foe with a strike of supreme power and magnificent glory, close thine eyes or have them forever burnt by the eternal light of Gili Stonehelm's pure flame!
Get it on with!
No matter how evil, how wicked or how malevolent one is noone, and I repeat NOONE is prepared for the nobelest of all techniques...the nipple bite!
What... -____-
*The fight continued for what felt like hours during which time Nerin took what could be expected to be lethal damage*
Whahahahhahhahhhahha....
...Feed!
Whahahahhahhahhhahha....
...Feed!
WhahahAHAHAHHAHAA....
...Feed!

In the end there was no victor, no finishing blow or clashing of wills. In the goblin simply didn not have the resolve to keep standing and fell before my feet...the whole scene felt so distant as if I was merely part of an audience, no urgency nor pain...
Me...or maybe something else kneeled before my exhaused adversary and began to carve open its stomach with the rusty knife, pouring out its gut over the dim landscape...
The sun was long gone so the fight must've gone on for multiple urists...wonder what happned to the others...
Suddently the chill in my chest began to weaken...I felt a pounding pain taking its place and then...a splash like when you break the surface of a lake. All the pain was too much to take and I collapsed beside the disfigured goblin...the dark night only lit up by a faded beam of moonshine and the soft glow from the gauntlet...

I watched the stars travel across a sea of infinite darkness for...Armok knows how long...the silence was soothing...
As a thick cloud covered the moon and I realised that the red glow had diminshed completly...
I tried my bruised legs once again and to my surprise they decided to support my weight...I looked over at the slope I'd fallen down and tried to climb back up the hillside but even though some cuts had closed up the broken ribs hindered me from climbing...
I walked around but in my weakened state I moved slowly I soon became exhausted...

-Amathspar!
-Wilfred!
-You okay?
As I return to the top of the hill I find Wilfred casually chomping away on some delicious greens and the elf crying in fetal position, where'd the other two goblins go?
I look around for a bit and find them in a muddy hole, the whole scene is a mess with blood everywhere...geuss they killed each other...I try to loot them the best I can but the stench is unbearable...
When I return I finally manage to contact the elf...
-...Wh...What happned *shudder*
-Uhmm...
What really happned here...
We killed the goblins, easier that way.
Do I tell him about the gauntlet?
That'd be fckn stupid Nerin.
-Well...I killed the goblins...
-Really!? Really, they're gone?
-Yea, we can keep on moving...
-Are you hurt!?
Duh...
-Well...yes, a few ribs..
-I'm sorry I'm not a healer just...
-I know, you're a musician.
We'll need to find help soon as I'm in dire need of medical assistance and Amathspar is on the verge of starvation and has suffered some psychological trauma. (Don't ask me how...elves...)

Amathspar spoke of a human village not too far off however it's unclear how welcome you'd be there, if you'd decide on such a detour a really good explenation might be in place as dwarves and elves rarely travel togehter. Also if you remain on the set out path we might reach a point where we're forced to cook Wilfred. Beside the dagger and the 37 coins the goblins had do you wish to loot something else? Loincloth? Shrunken heads? Intestine?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 28, 2013, 10:42:39 am »

Take the goblin heads as trophies. Maybe later we can attach them to our clothing to warn off others who might try something like that against us again.
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 28, 2013, 10:52:41 am »

..Did that gauntlet just play in on me? I'm not sure if we should try to take it off while we're in this state. Who knows, it might give some kind of backlash. Besides, I'm sure we'll be able to overcome it if it starts urging us to kill the humans, and they probably deserve it if we can't.

As far as looting goes, I'd say we could take the ring and hairband off the clubmoron and see if we can see where he dropped his necklace, inspect the thing the daggergoblin has in its hair and take his shirt, shoes and socks. Don't smoke them while the elf is near. Also, take the pouch from the wrestler(throw out junk like elven fingers, a pouch is still usefull.) and scan the intestines for anything undigested. We needn't eat it, but the humans might buy it.

If there's a full, undamaged goblin stomach among it, we can take that too. Just tie both ends tight with goblin hair. Goblins can digest bones, so their stomach acid must be pretty strong. If it's not usefull to us, it might be worth something on the black market.

I've already inclined I think it's smarter if we take a detour throught the human town.(Maybe if we take the fullest looking goblin intestine to dump in their well?) There'll be doctors, there'll be food, booze, maybe even a human or two that go missing and a house that catches fire for some reason. With humans in it, sleeping.

I suggest we keep the elf out of town to prevent futher 'trauma', and let him tell us what he needs. Humans like building homes out of wood, if he's got the slightest architectural or aesthetic sense, that'll really depress him. If not, he'll mourn the trees that died for those shacks.

Edit: Oh, and if anyone asks, we teamed up with the elf to avoid bogeymen after a goblin ambush killed our friend Urist.

Edit2: Did we remember to pick up our axe?

Edit3: Let's not sleep for a bit. Remember what the gauntlet spoke to Nerin in his sleep? He had our weak-willed Nerin alone and a lot of controll over what happened in said dream. We don't want to give the gauntlet that kind of controll when there are no crunchy humans between us and our allies.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 11:26:37 am by AfellowDwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 90