Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 175731 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #1230 on: March 14, 2014, 09:09:14 am »

also didn't see AFD's, that one must be funny as hell! Maybe we can finally discover when it all went wrong! ha ha ha  :D
His was put up a while back before any of ours.
I'd link it but I'm not actually on a computer right now and it's too much effort on these darn mobile devices that are too small for my hands.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1231 on: March 14, 2014, 10:55:49 am »

We should go, it will set a precedent of us leaving the city and maybe we can use this to actually forge some trading connections, I meant for us to have Elves dig for rocks under our command, underground Serate, or buy rocks from dwarves in exchange for large quantities of wood from the elves, not food...

Did one of those back-stories stories was mine? also didn't see AFD's, that one must be funny as hell! Maybe we can finally discover when it all went wrong! ha ha ha  :D
Dum=Chaos≈Kaos, and well you didnt really get a chance to impact the story but I hope it's fine. You know- kinda eager to fight people and with a more agressive disposition towards elves etc...  :D

Also ADF's thingie was somewhere 'round chapter 60

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 14, 2014, 02:47:10 pm »

Also ADF's thingie was somewhere 'round chapter 60
You mean this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
^(skippable)^

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 14, 2014, 02:59:06 pm »

That's the one. If anyone forgot, I was named 'Gili Stonehelm' by a dwarf name generator.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1234 on: March 15, 2014, 09:08:49 pm »

The voices decide that we should accept the invitation, what the basis of this decision was remained unclear. Perhaps they had grown wary of the slow and monotonous life of an elven noble, maybe their interest in the dark arts drove them to this conclusion or there’s the possibility that they simply had grown sick of the elven ways. 
I packed my bags and bid my farewells but to be honest I was a bit hesitant to go, flashbacks of my travels from two years ago made my feet heavy and the thought of leaving the comfort of home was daunting to say the least. But as time passed I had learn how futile it was to defy the wishes of the voices…

-Bag-

Last off I left Wilfred with Amathspar since he’d grown so accustomed to the city life that I doubt he could handle another trip across the realm, he’s such a shitty goat…
Nimzy seemed jealous of my upcoming journey, can’t say that I sympathize with her, but due to her family related obligations she was not allowed. I can’t say that the Heasinddare standards are unreasonable though concerning all the ongoing slaughter out in the realm, to not speak of all the common dangers that come of the adventurer’s road. Especially now that the frequency of the battles has seemed to be steadily increasing in frequency over the last few years and the growing tension between the races. Last I had heard the dwarves of Musheath had begun carving a great path in to the northern woods, cutting down immense amounts of forest to delve further and further in to the elven sanctuary. The order had put up great efforts to hinder their continuous aggression and regrow the fallen trees however to no avail. I felt strangely saddened by this, undwarvenly so… 
Well, at my departure I received a kiss as well as blessing from Nimzy while Amathspar sung a parting song as tears spewed.
As I met up at the disclosed location I was met by a grim looking group of elves that only acknowledged my presence with a few quick nods. I managed to identify them with the help of earlier acquired information as well as some short introductions on their part. Our party seemed to consist of a higher ranking priest with some apparent magical knowledge, one possibly female initiate with knowledge on necromancy, a rough looking tracker, me and tall elf that probably served as the Courtlounger’s, as in me, bodyguard. Whether he was there for my protection or to guard the gauntlet was unclear, the gauntlet which is still considered the order’s property.
We set out in silence and it seemed to remain that way, I may not be the greatest speaker but these other fellows made no effort what so ever to even attempt a conversation. I had not even been briefed on the details of the mission. Apparently I’d get further instructions if my expertise was somehow needed along the way. But I can’t complain as compared to my previous trip the other way this was a bloody picnic; we had provisions, sleeping bags and even fckn pipe weed! As we went on the voices told me more of their encounters with these supposed users of dark arts. I was horrified of the kind of beings they described, dark beings that brought undeath and disease. Old friends returning from their graves to kill you and how insanity festered amongst the survivors like a common flue. The worst part was all this foulness seemed to have a common focus-point around the fabled spire of Blackheart grounds.  Whatever resides within the everlasting dusk of those woods hasn’t been witnessed by the eyes of a mortal for an unfathomable amount of time and I can’t say that I’m eager to be the first…
Jim on the other hand was completely lost in his almost religious devotion to the idea of necromancy, still claiming to never have met one but I suspect that there might be something shady going on…
The trip might’ve just taken a good 2 weeks or so if we’d taken a straight path but due to the political instability across the realm we were forced to take a grand detour past the shrouded twins and then around the seedy town of Jaywaxt to avoid venturing too far in to dwarven territory. For the most part we didn’t use any major roads and followed unkempt animal paths throughout dense vegetation which slowed us down even further. Luckily most trouble was avoided due to the keen senses of our tracker or a hint of magic from the priest.
Still when we reached our campsite and midway point at Lake Fortgast an entire month had already passed, here we had a chance to rest for a while and restock on supplies.  I had already grown tired of the road and even though it was the voices idea to start off with they were beginning to question their choice due to a lack of action.
Here I got to know the other members of our group a little better, a little. Eirer’Norrezea the priest seemed quite arrogant and took little note to the rest of us. While I was impressed by his skill and elegance I couldn’t get over his nonchalant nature and ended up despising him with a burning passion. Cael-ta’Alealylth the ranger was perhaps the most outspoken out of the lot of us and while he would perhaps have made a decent traveling companion he seemed to share the same hatred for dwarves as the military. It wouldn’t be too unlikely that he’d have a history there. My body guard didn’t say much but kept a steady eye on me and only responded with short bursts of words when spoken to. The spear he carried looked strange, too long to be useful in uncounted combat I’d say, but then again I’m still counting by dwarven standards. The other initiate never gave me her name but I managed to figure out her gender due to conversations between her and Eirer. She seemed to share a great hatred for everyone and everything but the priest which she contrastingly adored beyond all measure. Furthermore she carried a rucksack filled with what appeared to be an entire bookshelf worth of literature, how she managed to cram it all in there’s a mystery and why she decided to carry all the excess weight on such a long journey another.
Well I finally managed to get some free time as the other four slept. What’s the next course of action? Just go to sleep and get back on the road as fast as possible? Wake someone up and attempt to do some socializing? Explore the area?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:45:06 am by slowpokez »

square

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 15, 2014, 11:24:22 pm »

Rifle through their belongings for things of interest and/or value.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 15, 2014, 11:27:04 pm »

Sing them dwarven lullabies. Even though dwarven lullabies require the clanging of hammer on anvil, we can make do with rocks.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 11:33:35 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

crazedjesster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 16, 2014, 12:36:02 am »

Explore the area and practice our dwarven Parkour. Maybe we should get a "better" look at the female elf?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 16, 2014, 12:55:06 am »

Explore the area and practice our dwarven Parkour. Maybe we should get a "better" look at the female elf?
I predict this:
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 16, 2014, 02:01:27 am »

See if there are any papers with information on the mission? I don't like how in the dark we're kept. Other than that, go to bed. I have no interest in interacting with them at the moment.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 16, 2014, 05:45:29 am »

That means we have first watch? Alone? Better keep an eye out.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 16, 2014, 06:29:09 am »

Let's cut off strands of hair of our campmates. We can smoke these. If any of them taste weird, we know something is off with that particular elf.

Of course, if one of them gives off an unussually colored flame, we should know better than to inhale it.

Edit: Is 'aight' a typo on alight?

Edit2: If one of them wakes up, tell them that we knew they only pretended to be asleep because they're a vampire.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 06:40:10 am by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1242 on: March 16, 2014, 06:39:54 am »

Let's cut off strands of hair of our campmates. We can smoke these. If any of them taste weird, we know something is off with that particular elf.

Of course, if one of them gives off an unussually colored flame, we should know better than to inhale it.

Edit: Is 'aight' a typo on alight?
A bastardization of all right :P

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 16, 2014, 08:22:46 am »

Wake up the girl and ask her about herself and our expedition. I think we need to know some things.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 16, 2014, 04:43:58 pm »

Ooh, we could wait untill one of them finished their watch and goes to sleep, then lie next to them. As they wake up, claim to have had a wild night with them. Once the realization that we're lying kicks in, tell them we were drowsy while we said that, and that the intercourse we claimed to have had must've been a dream.

Edit: I suggest we don't do this to the bodyguard. It's better not to anger someone with a spear.

Edit2: Let's draw four arrows in the dirt towards the camp our using our feet, as to intill our campmates with paranoia.
                V
Like so: ->C<-
                ^

Edit3:
Next camp,  we'll make that eight arrows. On the camp three, we'll put eleven ones down, in random directions. Camp four'll have us put down a single arrow, towards whoever we turn out to like the least.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 05:20:51 pm by AfellowDwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 90