Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad!  (Read 1876 times)

Famma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad!
« on: January 28, 2013, 08:05:19 am »

This is my first lets play so hopefully I do alright :). I'll be playing in Classic and Democrat mode. I'll post mainly out of character with the leader (or the acting leader should the anything happen to the starting character) making 'diary' entries every in game month or so. To keep things interesting I won't choose my starting character's stats (I have a tendency to min/max which I think would be kind of boring from a role-playing perspective). I'll be playing with no save scumming or anything like that so if everyone dies 90 posts in I will not be turning back time. With that said lets try and Liberalise the US of A!

Famma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Liberal Crime Squad!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 08:08:27 am »

Diary entry #1 - January 1st 2009

I've just been thrown out of College for 'Liberal Sabotage' all I did was put sugar into the dean's gas tank! If he thinks its fair for me to be given mandatory therapy sessions for my political beliefs then he got all he deserves. Unfortunately the news of this traveled to my parents more quickly than I would of liked or could of prepared for. My dad has kicked me out! I have now wasted three years of my life on a college course which I now can't complete and I have to live in the Homeless Shelter, what a bad start to the year! My political Science degree would of helped me with my aim of becoming a politician but with my education abandoned it looks like i'll have to get into politics a different way...

Famma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 08:17:52 am »

I have created my character, the RNG choose Joe Gilpin after I changed the sex of my character to male.

Here are Joe Gilpin's starting stats -

These stats mean I can do plenty of different things in game. Most importantly for me though is the stealth ability, I will use this to build up my juice to 200 through theft. The high Charisma is a good sign too meaning I should be able to use seduction and persuasion well. First I will chat to some hippies to build up my persuasion and seduction, then I will need to build up my stealth.

Unfortunately my Seduction skills have led to some double booked dates and now my Juice is looking rather sorry for itself but as you can see my persuasion and Seduction have increased nicely. Because of this I'm going to break into the university apartments and try and get enough cash for a bottle of spray paint.

My pitiful Juice -

After a succesfulish (I got what needed but someone spotted me) raid I bought some spray paint and got my juice up to ten. By Jan 12 I have these stats -

Unfortunately my Spray painting has caught the attention of the police -

Famma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 10:31:00 am »

Diary entry #2 - January 12th 2009

Wow, what a crazy 12 days it's been since my last entry! I have decided that I will influence politics my own way. My aim is to build up a group of people to shake the conservative beliefs that so many in the great country hold. I believe that violence will be a powerful if morally questionable way of getting this message across so finding people with weapon/fighting skills will be necessary. As well as this brute force method of spreading my message I also hope to get some people with computer skills to 'gain access to' information that will be embarrassing for the conservatives. But before I try either of these methods I will need to recruit some people I can trust to act as a barrier between me and my 'troops on the ground' I wan't to avoid getting into legal trouble as if I get incarcerated who will continue my just cause?

A quick summary of the last few days. I went to a well known hippie hangout called the Restful Plan Juice Bar here I started engaging people in liberal conversation. over the last few days I've made some friends and got some dates but no one I have talked to or have dated have been particularly useful, it looks like hippies are as useless as the conservatives would have everyone believe. I double booked a date and have lost some respect because of that. To make up for this embarrassment I 'acquired' the money to buy some spray-paint and have been spraying tags all over the place which seems to have won some of my detractors over. Hopefully the next few weeks will see me finding some useful liberal soldiers.