Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stupid Dwarf Project - Execution Chamber  (Read 1412 times)

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
Stupid Dwarf Project - Execution Chamber
« on: January 24, 2013, 06:42:46 pm »

So, yeah, my crossbowdorfs were training on a wall. Suddenly, I saw a rain of bolts falling down the wall and... Killing a Yak. I have read about this on wiki, and it says that if there is a hole behind an archery target, bolts will safely land and will be ready to re-usage. So, I have made 3 rooms in my fortress and filled it with animals. No screens, sorry, imageshack is a 'whip'.

Room 1:
Code: [Select]
.DORFS.
D......D
O.XXXX.O
R.XVVX.R
F.XVVX.F
S.XXXX.S
.DORFS.

Room 2:

.DORFS.
D.....D
O.XXX.O
R.XVX.R
F.XXX.F
S.....S
.DORFS.

Room 3:

...DORFS..
D.XXXXXX.D
O.XVVVVX.O
R.XVVVVX.R
F.XVVVVX.F
S.XVVVVX.S
..XXXXXX..
...DORFS..

Sadly, it's not working. Not a single cat was killed. They are not even bruised. There are no reports about them getting hit, but bolts just dissapear. But... One of animal haulers has got headshooted. By a falling bolt, because there are no reports about him being murdered. By Armok's beard, WTF?

EDIT: Oh. And if you don't get for what this thread stands for - I want you to help me do more !!SCIENCE!! and maybe find a way to, IDK, kill "loyalty cascaders", vampires, verebeast, nobles and legendary fisherdwarves... Or even make this a hardcore version of item drop training. Dodging clouds of bolts will promote a dorf to legendary shield user REALLY fast... If he will survive, you know.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:52:01 pm by ☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼ »
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid Dwarf Project - Execution Chamber
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 11:21:36 pm »

I don't know about bolts falling intact when there is an empty space behind the target. That doesn't make much sense to me. Putting empty spaces on both sides of the archery target has always worked to collect ammo from dwarves with poor archery skils. Using them to execute...interesting idea
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 03:40:40 am »

I feel like an easier execution trap would be the following:

Retractable bridge over a 1x1 hole, that leads into a 40 z-level chute. When the vampire/werebeast/noble/fisherdwarf/loyalty cascade starter hits the ground, they will explode into various body parts, and there wont' even be combat logs. No item drop required.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 04:31:55 am »

Ahem.. How did you made an archery target zone over the gap? Or is that a living target like diamond FB or something?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.