Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Plenty of Booze, but they die of thirst  (Read 705 times)

akwitayne

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Plenty of Booze, but they die of thirst
« on: February 07, 2013, 06:12:45 pm »

I have a bookkeeper counting at highest precision, and it seems I have plenty of booze and 2 good wells, but the dwarves are dropping like flies from thirst. I don't know why. What sort of clues should I look for?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Plenty of Booze, but they die of thirst
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 06:19:34 pm »

where are they dieing? it's entirely possible to remove stairs, ramps or somehow make everything inaccessible from some parts

any burrows active?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

akwitayne

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Plenty of Booze, but they die of thirst (Masterworks mod)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 06:54:54 pm »

No burrows are active, and all stairwells are intact. There's one huge storeroom with a lot of stuff, and there is at least one small booze-only stockpile.

The whole place has been in a typical downward tantrum spiral since a dwarf turned into a werewolf in a narrow corridor and tore some others up pretty good. I was slow to bury the dead (forgot to designate individual caskets for burial) and that only made things worse. They seemed to be pulling out of it for a while, but not any more.

Maybe sometimes they just give up on life, neglect their needs and die?

BTW I am using the latest Masterworks mod.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plenty of Booze, but they die of thirst
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 10:46:56 pm »

Is the booze forbidden, is there a door that you locked? Dwarves just don't give up the will to live unless they're stricken with a mood like the ones they get after a failed strange mood.