Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Improving arena mode  (Read 672 times)

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Improving arena mode
« on: January 29, 2013, 09:05:50 am »

Well, I have got some ideas about arena mode.

Currently you can begin Arena mode in your world, or in a standard world. However, there isn't any difference between the two.

I would like to see Arena mode with the possibility to import some creatures who/which are already in the world, historical people. Already known dwarves (with their equipments and experiences, strength, etc.). I don't know if it's possible, but it could be fun.

I would also like if it would be possible to play arena mod in already existant fortress or sites (after all, you can already export some site maps). The fortress/site is emptied, and the map is exported and used in arena mode. Something like a "make your dungeon" mode.

The third would the the capacity to create randomized FB or demons. FB and titans are the greatest fun in this game, and it's a shame we can't play with them (without changing rows). Even if it's totally random, it would be quite fun.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Improving arena mode
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 09:31:18 am »

Arena is modding tool, not a mode meant to be played. And except for pitting historical figures (which aren't of much interest usually), everything else is doable already with use of creativity or third party programs.
Probably if Toady will someday happen to have an excess of free-time then he should add a pair of features there.

Actually, good job finding something that's not already planned or suggested.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Improving arena mode
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 11:42:00 pm »

Probably if Toady will someday happen to have an excess of free-time then he should add a pair of features there.
Quoted for agreement.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.