Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: What Arc Are You Most Excited For?  (Read 6484 times)

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: What Arc Are You Most Excited For?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 06:26:05 pm »

Arrest & Punishment.  Jail Breaks are fun.  That, or whatever Arc covers actually taking your own prisoners in Adventure Mode. 
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 07:09:30 pm »

The combination of the AFFILIATION ARC, ADVENTURER SKILLS ARC, and ADVENTURER PARTIES AND ENTITY arcs. Why? Because I want to take my adventurer from a lowly peasant, to the leader of a band of revolutionists, all the way to a global empire, entirely new and unseen in the world, and build my capitol with my own two hands! Or, at least a temporary place to hang out. I'll have my minions build the city in fortress mode...

second to that, I'm interested in the MAGIC arc, and seeing artifacts made in your fortress having more sway than simply being extremely expensive decorations. Maybe add CONTROL A WIZARD ENTITY to the mix, because having an empire of master sorcerers would be cool.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

axner

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 01:08:30 am »

The combination of the AFFILIATION ARC, ADVENTURER SKILLS ARC, and ADVENTURER PARTIES AND ENTITY arcs. Why? Because I want to take my adventurer from a lowly peasant, to the leader of a band of revolutionists, all the way to a global empire, entirely new and unseen in the world, and build my capitol with my own two hands! Or, at least a temporary place to hang out. I'll have my minions build the city in fortress mode...

second to that, I'm interested in the MAGIC arc, and seeing artifacts made in your fortress having more sway than simply being extremely expensive decorations. Maybe add CONTROL A WIZARD ENTITY to the mix, because having an empire of master sorcerers would be cool.

This pretty much sums up what I want as well. I especially want those Adventurer Skills.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 01:46:07 am »

I'm interested in the MAGIC arc, and seeing artifacts made in your fortress having more sway than simply being extremely expensive decorations. Maybe add CONTROL A WIZARD ENTITY to the mix, because having an empire of master sorcerers would be cool.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

nighzmarquls

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 11:28:47 am »

I am most looking forward to next release arc.

The world will become live.

:D

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 08:22:50 am »

Whatever arc makes bogeymen and ghosts less omnipresent. At the moment they just add to the list of things to do to not die.

I wish most places just had mundane threats. It would make supernatural threats feel more special when they are present.
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 12:36:27 pm »

Whatever arc makes bogeymen and ghosts less omnipresent. At the moment they just add to the list of things to do to not die.

I wish most places just had mundane threats. It would make supernatural threats feel more special when they are present.

This.
Bogeymen is what discourages you from travelling at night, which can be really fun, unless, well, bogeymen.

There are other just as bad, yet actually able to be defeated, threats at night - ambushes for example. Or other stuff.
But bogeymen? No, thanks, that's just a more punishing way to quit the game for me.

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 06:37:20 pm »

Bogeymen are easy if you slash their limbs off and kite them. They bleed to death easily since they are small. They're also easy to bisect by cutting their lower body.

It is weird that they are in the game, they seem out of place.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 07:02:51 pm »

They certainly don't seem to have really been handled as well as they could be, but the concept of trickster spirits that come to harass you in the night (without the explicit intent to murder you horribly, as bogeymen do now) would fit in fine.

And it's certainly NOT easy to kite them/injure them in any manner/avoid having your brains smashed in. They are naturally -talented- in unarmed combat skills including dodging and striking, and are incredibly agile. A lot of adventurers aren't going to be able to outrun them (even naked and unarmed) and quite a few wouldn't necessarily be skilled enough to fight them. The key is really to only engage them one-by-one, but that can be difficult when your absolute maximum speed whilst naked is 900 and the average speed necessary to keep even a step ahead of them is somewhere near 1300. And if you aren't at least talented in your chosen weapon skill, your chances of actually hitting them drop exponentially. Personally, I do tend to fare well against them because I emphasize agility and defensive skills, which keeps me in the fight longer, but it's still easy to get overwhelmed if you didn't spend your first day power-leveling by wrestling a goose or something.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 06:55:33 am »

I want, need my bar brawl full of the scum and heroes of the world. Recruiting the survivors is simply a nice bonus.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Myrkky100

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 07:20:31 am »

The diplomacy arc. It would give even more of a feeling that the fortress sits in a living, breathing world and it would be nice to have a more complex picture of the world for planning ahead and building the fortress with an eye on what kind of stuff needs to be dealth with in the future.
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
- Tacitus

Kumis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 04:48:44 pm »

Ooh, delegation would be nice. You rise up to be king of an empire and you can delegate certain things, so get one of your lackeys to organise the building of a castle, get one to organise an army, etc. and they all do it according to how any standard entity in game would do it, but you get to play power struggles with them, close diplomatic deals with other entities, even recruit adventurers!
Dodók Medtobór,
What are you trying to hunt?
Y u no find path?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 05:37:39 pm »

The diplomacy arc. It would give even more of a feeling that the fortress sits in a living, breathing world and it would be nice to have a more complex picture of the world for planning ahead and building the fortress with an eye on what kind of stuff needs to be dealth with in the future.

This, i hope, gets considerable attention.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 05:56:29 pm »

It will... when he comes around to it :P

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 07:27:14 pm »

Whatever arc has magic
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5