Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Guardian of the Chosen: A Interactive Fiction RTD  (Read 10288 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Guardian of the Chosen: A Interactive Fiction RTD
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2013, 08:05:50 am »

((I was waiting on puff :P))
"So, honey, how are you and Alec doing? I haven't seen him over in a few days." He says, trying to stir up conversation. He didn't particularly like her boyfriend, but he isn't a terrible guy. Not like some of the people with whom he's had to deal with. Not like Ezekiel.

((This cannot end well for me.))
((Its called Dramatic tension ^^))
w
((No, it's called being screwed.))

((Nah, it's being called a father :P Plus I know yer family. Detective and all.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 08:39:12 am »

((I was waiting on puff :P))
"So, honey, how are you and Alec doing? I haven't seen him over in a few days." He says, trying to stir up conversation. He didn't particularly like her boyfriend, but he isn't a terrible guy. Not like some of the people with whom he's had to deal with. Not like Ezekiel.

((This cannot end well for me.))
((Its called Dramatic tension ^^))
w
((No, it's called being screwed.))

((Nah, it's being called a father :P Plus I know yer family. Detective and all.))
But you don't know about my history with Ezekiel.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 06:14:54 am »

Day one: Turn 2

Alec Morgand

You start looking all around your apartment for your keys. As you do you start to think about why you
moved in here in the first place, and about your life here in general. Your dad, who is the leader of a major 
crime syndicate, never wanted you to follow in his footsteps. He instead wanted you to become rich
honestly and legally. To help you do that, he first wanted to teach you responsibility. So when you
turned 15, he had you move out of his mason, and live here. He then cut you off from most of his
money, only paying for the rent on the apartment. Everything else, such as food, heating,
electricity, you had to pay for yourself with the seven dollars a hour you would get at a minimum wage
job. He hoped that this would teach you the life skills you needed to make it on your own, but you were
not willing to go from a life of wealth and luxury to cooking fries at McDonald's. You instead did the
one thing he was trying to prevent and started working for a minor crime boss, you even ended up
using the same drugs he had you sell to the high school kids. When things went south and you were
in more shit then you could handle, you knew your father was the only one who could get you out of it.
So you told him what you were doing, and why you needed his help. You expected him to scream for
hours at you, given that you did what he explicitly told you not to do, but he did not. He simply told
you that he would take care of it, and that their would be sever consequences if you did something
like this again. Last night you found out what take care of it meant when news broke of Ezekiel
"Easy Money" Brown's untimely death. Your dad was not a man to fuck with, that was for sure.

After looking all over your house, you finally find your keys on the counter in the laundry room. As you
reach down to pick them up you notice your dog's food boll his empty. "Did I feed him
last night? Fuck, I better do that before I leave.

Ezekiel "Easy Money" Brown

"So I was bumped off by a gang of freaks. Good to know, I guess?"

Easy heads out of the room and goes down the upstairs hallway, not bothering to look inside the kids' rooms. He knew what he'd find there, and he didn't have the heart to look. Not now, not later.

He tries to distance himself from the happenings in the house by getting into an inquisitive frame of mind. So, freaks and psychopaths did this. But whose freaks and psychopaths?

Look for dead freaks and psychopaths that did this. Examine them for any markings of identity I might recognize.
Curiosity has gotten the better of you. You can't resist the urge to find out who killed you and
why they did it. Leaving your bedroom behind, you float through the upstairs hallway, passing right by your
twins bedroom. Part of you wants to go into that room and see for yourself what had happened
to them, but you just don't have the heart for it. And besides, now was not the time for you to be
grieving, you just had too much you needed to do. Maybe someday, after this was all over, but not now.

You proceed down the stairs and into foyer. A body is slumped next to the front door with a large bullet
wound is in his chest that was most likely the cause of his death. He is wearing a white, buttoned up
shirt with a pair of grey dress pants. He has green eyes and his black hair is combed back, using hair
gel to keep it in place. In his mouth is a black ball gag, like the ones they use at S&M clubs. Using your
telekinesis power, ( -5 SP ) you check his pockets for identification, sadly it was ether taken by the
cops or he didn't have any to begin with. You then remove his clothes, ( -5 Sp ) trying to find anything
on his body that would tell you who he is. On his back, you find a tattoo of the name Shara Linsley.
You don't who she is or how you could find her, but she clearly is someone important to him and right
now she is the only lead you got.

( Will roll: 2, +2 SP )

Jackson R. Daubs and Rhea E. Daubs
Jackson shifts around uncomfortably in the driver's seat. That hip holster always dug right into his side when driving.

"I'm sure he's as busy as always Dad, don't be worried. I can handle myself." Rhea replied, adjusting herself in the seat, "So...another case, huh?"

Await destination and chat!
"So, honey, how are you and Alec doing? I haven't seen him over in a few days," You say. "I'm sure he's
as busy as always Dad, don't be worried. I can handle myself." Rhea replied, adjusting herself in the seat
as she did. "So...another case, huh?" You let out a chuckle."You are not changing the subject that
easily honey. Now, I need to ask you something important. Do you love Alec?" Rhea's cheeks turn beet
red. "Dad! Don't ask embarrassing questions like that!" "This is serious Rhea, you have been dating him long
enough to know. You are 17 now, soon you will be heading off to college, where you will meet a lot
of guys. You need to decide whether or not you want to spend the rest of your life with him or break
it off before you get in too deep. You don't need to tell me right now but I want you to think about
what you are going to do, ok?" Rhea nods her head. "Ok dad, I will." She says as you pull into the
Applebees parking lot. " Good, I will see you tonight, now you better get going." "Ya, bye dad." She
says as she steps out of the car. You then drive out of the parking lot and head to work.

Twenty minutes later, you arrive at the police station. You quickly park your car in your privet
parking space, you then step out of your vehicle and start walking to the front door.

Character Status

Spoiler: Jackson R. Daubs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rhea E. Daubs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alec Morgand (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 07:20:43 am »

"Shara Linsley. Doesn't ring a bell. Ah, fuck it. Better get to work. Work does the mind good."

Easy considers how he might find one of the chosen ones. That Grim Reaper asshole hadn't been very generous with clues. But fuck him. He isn't needed for the task at hand. After all, he is the Guardian or some shit. That's gotta count for something. He starts to concentrate.

"Come on, Guardian powers! Bring me to the chosen!"

Teleport to a random chosen one.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2013, 07:33:15 am »

"Come on boy, wake up! Time for breakfast!"

Alec filled the food bowl and took it over to Ruarc, his Staffordshire Bull Terrier, leaning down to put the bowl in front of him.

"Want to go for a walk, Ruarc?"

Get Ruarc to eat his brekkie and then get moving with him to Rhea's work.

EDIT: ((Can I get a retcon AKQ? I don't think you understood my bio. I meant that the other boy went to his father, not Alec. But being the kid of a major criminal is kinda cool... and the current story should make both Ezekiel and Daubs angry with me if they find out... On second thought, leave it.))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:36:47 am by Gamerlord »

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2013, 07:48:06 am »

Ya I did miss read your bio, sorry about that. But if you cool with the story the way it is, then I will leave
it. Its probably better this way anyway. I have some cool ideas for your story to go. A lot more then if
you were just some street punk. Maybe you should edit your bio to reflect the story if you don't want
me to change it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2013, 08:03:06 am »

As long as the ideas for my story involve a possibility of taking over my fathers business, no matter how slim I'm good.   :P

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2013, 09:22:42 pm »

Then I will keep it the way it is. I will write the next turn as soon as everyone's actions are posted.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2013, 03:02:55 am »

He quickly orients himself in the police station and finds his way to his partner after pouring himself another coffee. If today was going to be anything like he thought it was, he'd need at least another cup.

"How's the chief?" He asks, mug of coffee in hand.

Get a sitrep. Talk to my partner, and the chief if possible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2013, 04:37:43 am »

((Was wondering what Puff would do XD))

College...

Rhea sighed as she changed into her uniform, inside the work place.

He should know, of course. But then, I do like him. But then college would separate us more, but we'd obviously be seeing each other still, can't be pretty hard in Liberal Arts. Right?

I mean, yeah. Two years if I don't accept the scholarship. One year if I do - the latter means not seeing him and my friends, for the most part.

Thinking about it was like a holding a void in your chest. It didn't do much but spawn more doubt, an unfilled question that kept on prodding the barriers of thought.

But...I do love him. Its not puppy love, I think. Ihhhh, at least I know what to do at lunch break later...

And now to work.
she said, half in thought and half in word as she put her phone to Silent, now finished with all preparations.

Report to boss. Straighten composure and begin the day job.

Ponder on what he may be doing right now.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2013, 09:30:57 pm »

Day one: Turn 3

Ezekiel "Easy Money" Brown
"Shara Linsley. Doesn't ring a bell. Ah, fuck it. Better get to work. Work does the mind good."

Easy considers how he might find one of the chosen ones. That Grim Reaper asshole hadn't been very generous with clues. But fuck him. He isn't needed for the task at hand. After all, he is the Guardian or some shit. That's gotta count for something. He starts to concentrate.

"Come on, Guardian powers! Bring me to the chosen!"

Teleport to a random chosen one.
You try to focus your minds eye on one of the chosen. ( Roll: 1 ) You see a middle aged man in a
longcoat walking towards a police station. You feel yourself being drawn to him. ( -20 SP, you will
be at Pufferfish's current location next turn. ) ( Will Roll: 1, +1 SP )

Alec Morgand
"Come on boy, wake up! Time for breakfast!"

Alec filled the food bowl and took it over to Ruarc, his Staffordshire Bull Terrier, leaning down to put the bowl in front of him.

"Want to go for a walk, Ruarc?"

Get Ruarc to eat his brekkie and then get moving with him to Rhea's work.
You fill Ruarc's food with his favorite meal, dry dog food covered in lots and lots of gravy. You got
Ruarc when you started working for Ezekiel, you wanted something that could protect you if someone
broke in at night when you were sleeping. The life of a gangster was full of people who would fuck
you up at a moments notice after all, so you could never be too careful. You have grown to like the
little guy over the years, and you think that you will keep him around even though you are no longer
working for Ezekiel.

"Come on boy, wake up! Time for breakfast!" You yell as you walk over to the
small room that's between the front door and the door to the living room, that you use to store shoes.
You have Ruarc sleep there at night so he is always on guard for any intruders that might mean
you harm. Come on boy, its your favorite, and I put extra gravy on...HOLY FUCK!"
You scream as you fall backwards onto your butt, letting the dog boll fall to the ground with a
audible cling. Your faces turns pale as you look at your dog, his gut cut open and is organs smeared
all over the floor. His eyes that were once full of life are now grey and lifeless. However, even
in your state of shock a even more terrifying realization still comes to your mind.

" This....this kill is fresh."

Jackson R. Daubs
He quickly orients himself in the police station and finds his way to his partner after pouring himself another coffee. If today was going to be anything like he thought it was, he'd need at least another cup.

"How's the chief?" He asks, mug of coffee in hand.

Get a sitrep. Talk to my partner, and the chief if possible.

You walk pass the cubicles of your fellow officers, stopping your partners cube. "so, whats the
situation?" Mark spins his char around and looks at you. "About time you got here. Now listen, I don't
know exactly what happened but from what I gathered it was a very fucked up situation, and chief
has been acting strange ever since he showed up here this morning. I think the attempt on his life
has really gotten to him. There is talk that he might quit the force because of it." You shake your head.
"I doubt that there is anything that make him do that. You know how much he loves his job." Mark
shrugs. "Maybe you're right, maybe this is just a rumor. He wants to see you in his office, you should
ask him while you are in there." "I guess I will do that latter, but not now, I probably have work to
do first. See you later Mark." "Ya, see you jack."

You leave your partner and head for the chiefs office. Upon opening his door you see him standing up,
looking out his window. He is holding a large cup of coffee and a look of sadness in stamped on his face.
His normally pristine uniform is now a ragged mess, along with his brown head of hair. "You wanted to
talk to me chief?" Your boss turns his head to look at you then looks back out the window. "You know
Jackson, I expected that the criminals in this city would try to take me out someday. Its only natural
considering how much of a pain in the ass I have been for them. But my sons fucking middle school
teacher? Now that I was not prepared for." You raise a eyebrow at the chiefs words. "Sir, what the hell
are you talking about?" He turns around and throws a file on his desk with a picture of a young
white woman on it. "Heather Reiner, my sons math teacher. Last night she tried to kill me and two
other officers I was with using a magnum revolver, she was wearing the same type of ball gag as the
guy we found in Ezekiel's house. It took 27 bullets to bring her down." The chief gave a great sigh.
"Something big is going on here Jack, I can feel it in my bones. That's why I am putting you on this
case. You are the best detective in this damn place and I trust that you won't let me down." You grab
the file on his desk. "I will do my best to get to the bottom of this chief. "Good, that is all I am asking.
Oh and Jack." "Yes chief?" You ask. "Watch yourself out there." "Don't worry, this is not my first time at
the rodeo." You tell him as you leave the room. "I just hope its not your last." The chief whispers under 
his breath.

Rhea E. Daubs

College...

Rhea sighed as she changed into her uniform, inside the work place.

He should know, of course. But then, I do like him. But then college would separate us more, but we'd obviously be seeing each other still, can't be pretty hard in Liberal Arts. Right?

I mean, yeah. Two years if I don't accept the scholarship. One year if I do - the latter means not seeing him and my friends, for the most part.

Thinking about it was like a holding a void in your chest. It didn't do much but spawn more doubt, an unfilled question that kept on prodding the barriers of thought.

But...I do love him. Its not puppy love, I think. Ihhhh, at least I know what to do at lunch break later...

And now to work.
she said, half in thought and half in word as she put her phone to Silent, now finished with all preparations.

Report to boss. Straighten composure and begin the day job.

Ponder on what he may be doing right now.

You put your phone on silent as you walk into the building, your mind distracted by thoughts of Alec.
"He should know, of course. But then, I do like him. But then college would separate us more, but
we'd obviously be seeing each other still, can't be pretty hard in Liberal Arts. Right? I mean, yeah.
Two years if I don't accept the scholarship. One year if I do - the latter means not seeing him and
my friends, for the most part."
Thinking about it was like a holding a void in your chest. It didn't do
much but spawn more spawn more doubt, an unfilled question that kept on prodding the barriers
of thought."But...I do love him. Its not puppy love, I think. Ihhhh, at least I know what
to do at lunch break later..."
"Hey Rhea, you there?" Your boss asks, who is a blond, thirty 
something business woman in a white blouse with a pair of black pants. "Oh sorry, I was thinking."
"Well now that you are back in the real world, go help your friend clean the tables before we open."
You look in the direction of the tables and see your best friend, who got you this job with her
recommendation to your boss, working to clean them.

Character Status

Spoiler: Jackson R. Daubs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rhea E. Daubs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alec Morgand (click to show/hide)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2013, 09:47:42 pm »

((HOLY FUCK! NOT RUARC! I ACTUALLY TOOK 20 MINUTES TO FIND A NAME FOR HIM YOU BASTARD!))

"SHIT! WHAT THE UNHOLY FUCK!"

Skedaddle. Fast.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2013, 09:55:16 pm »

((HOLY FUCK! NOT RUARC! I ACTUALLY TOOK 20 MINUTES TO FIND A NAME FOR HIM YOU BASTARD!))

"SHIT! WHAT THE UNHOLY FUCK!"

Skedaddle. Fast.
MAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2013, 12:13:13 am »

"Hm. A cop of some kind? Detective? Oh, he'll probably be thrilled to find out I'm haunting him until he shoots a demon lord in the face or something."

Appear next to the detective. Try to be inconspicuous.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2013, 03:13:10 am »

Hoo boy, this is one hell of a crime. Jackson thinks to himself as he sits down at his desk. I can't believe someone offed Ezekiel before I could cuff his dirty paws... Maybe I'll be able to catch whoever did it to him. These two cases have -got- to be related. Maybe some new crime syndicate? Jackson takes a quick drink from his coffee before looking at it. Maybe just a little... I really need the pick-me-up and... No. He opens hiss desk at looks at a flask inside before shutting it and taking a deeper drink. I stopped a long time ago, I can't start again.

There's gotta be something more than just two random shootings that happen to use the same ball gag. And twenty-odd bullets? that screams drugs to me. New gang, new drug, new crimes.

Flip through file. Look for connections to "Easy Money's" killing and the shooting.

Also talk to gang specialists, see if there's a new group on the rise that would try something like this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5