Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Build-a-dungeon (A reverse Dungeon crawl RTD-RPG-RTS extraveganza!)  (Read 5448 times)

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile

The stories from the survivors were horrible. the blood and gore of goblins and trolls spread everywhere. Behemoths slain in cold blood. They also describe the gut-renching explosion as the dungeon collapsed in on itself. The main dungeon in that region was gone, and it was up to you to make a new one.

No dungeon is complete without a boss, and that’s where you come in. It’s now your job to make sure those self-righteous, lawful good stupid heroes don’t kill you and get your precious treasure. Mind you, this will not be an easy task; there will be militia, heroes, and displeased overlords to deal with. To help you there will be minions, monstrous pets, and traps galore! Use your imagination and sheer luck to make this dungeon the best (or worst) dungeon ever! >:D

Spoiler: Game mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: THE EPIC WAITLIST (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: getting materials (click to show/hide)

Well, that’s it, once I get 4 starting characters, I’ll start this epic anti-adventure.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build-a-dungeon (A reverse Dungeon crawl RTD-RPG-RTS extraveganza!)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 11:36:39 pm »

Characters:

Spoiler: Nox, Drow (click to show/hide)

Waitlist/Minions: (username, forum page with character sheet)

Unholy_Pariah, 1
scapheap, 1
Gamerlord, 1
JavierPwn, 1

Dead:

1 goblin, dissolved in the abomination's stomach acid.

((will probably post introduction this evening.))
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:09:25 pm by +!!scientist!!+ »
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 11:47:34 pm »

Name: The Infinity Queen
Species: Drow
Short bio: The Infinity Queen, as she so humbly calls herself, is a cackling villainess with a penchant for insidious patience and rapacious greed. She enjoys getting others to do her dirty work for her, and tends to act subtly when forced to do things herself.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 11:50:55 pm »

Spoiler: Nox (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 04:46:56 am by Tiruin »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 11:54:21 pm »

Name:Vesperrio Ananucci
Species:Human
Class(if human): Ex-Fighter Tinkerer:
+1 to all machinery
+1 to fighting
+1 to charisma

Short bio: Born to a low level warrior in the Overlords army, Vesperrio looked like he was headed down the same path, and he did fight for the Overlord, but not for very long. Proving himself both dedicated and charming enough to get a scholarship, he took tinkering courses, and opened up a small shop. But it wasn't enough. He wanted more, and found a way, in the form of a dungeon opening up.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 12:00:25 am »

Name: Uben Bloodyclaws
Race: "Deep" Dwarf
Bio: Uben was a common mechanic with dreams of something greater. He was suspected for a series of murders in his Mountainhome, all executed with overly complicated devices, but too many people died too fast and he left an empty hall filled with dried blood and fresh corpses before he could be punished. More coming when I'm not so tires/
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 12:04:40 am »

Name: Vikus
Species: human
Class(if human): hunter
+1 trap making
+1 ranged
+1 making poisons/poultices
Short bio:
Vikus is a reclusive hermit who lives out in the woods and is thought to be insane or cursed although in truth he simply despises man for its infinite stupidity and the endless destruction it rains down upon itself and everything around it.
None dare enter his woods without reason and even fewer dare travese it at night for not only is it filled with devious traps designed to maim and kill but every single one is coated in malicous poisons specifically designed to cause the victims demise to be as long and painful as possible.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 12:24:46 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 12:16:08 am »

I'll make one when I know this, what sort of tech can you have or is it around DF type of tech?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 12:27:59 am »

Do minions get bonuses for doing specific tasks?
Like a kobold pickpocketing or a minotaur using a battleaxe
Badically is there any way to avoid that -1 multiplier?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 03:35:47 am »

Name:Bloodbone
Species:Bugbears
Short bio:Bloodbone is the very being of a bugbear, no problem is insurmountable if one thrown enough force at it. Likes the fear of his enemies a little too much, but what can you do.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 04:17:34 am »

Rats. Oh well, onto the waitlist I go!

Name: Ironfist
Species: Bugbear
Short bio: An uncharacteristically tricky bugbear, Ironfist likes creating simple traps like spike pits and snares. He watches from a safe place, waiting for the perfect moment when his foe is weak or off-guard. Then it's dinner time.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 09:50:52 pm »

Chapter 1: Getting attention

It was most certainly a rag-tag group of villains going to make this new dungeon. Vassperio was talking to Uben excitedly about his ideas on making new traps, while Uben was nodding in vague agreement while trying to figure out how to inconspiculously kill this annoying human who wouldn't stop talking. Meanwhile, The Infinity Queen and Nox where manipulating each other, with The Infinity Queen trying to convince Nox she was superior, and Nox using fake praise.
   "By the way, why do you call yourself the Infinity Queen?" asked Nox.
   "Oh, no, it's not a title, it's my name." responded The.
   "Oh, sorry to ask... your highness?"
   "Yes, and as my obvious underling, I will have to ask you to do most of the work around the dungeon for me."
   "Oh, I would, but I couldn't ever hope to do it as well as you, so you will have to do it for me to ever have a chance to live."
As this was being said, though, an ominous and welcoming sight revealed itself: A large mountain, which seemed to be a steep slope on one side, and a sheer cliff on the other. Mount Spear, it was called, and it was going to be the site of your new dungeon. In front of this magnificent peak, ten goblins were shambling around in front of the seemingly newly made entrance, and once they see you they stop scowling quite so much. +10 goblins!
With this brand new dungeon (which needs a lot of expansion) you will be able to do a lot of bad, but first things first, you need to let the world know you're here. by the way, the nearby town of Yotheim is supposed to be great this time of year!

Dungeon:

Character Statuses:

The Infinity Queen: 75/75 hp
Nox: 75/75 hp
Vasperrio: 100/100 hp
Uben: 100/100 hp

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 10:07:16 pm »

assume direct control of lead goblin, assist first player to post

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 10:20:36 pm »

Leader: Name:John Black
 Species: Human
 Short bio:Once was Hero of Land but Went Batshit for power,so His Spell-theif powers to make dungeon,Rouge-Mage Human Overlord

Minions:

His Friend Necromancer Named Mors "Atra" Death who also human

His  Army of Orks of 7

His Shadow as-well

You can have Fallen Hero Character Right

« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:22:16 pm by Nosaneinme »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 10:22:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3