Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Build-a-dungeon (A reverse Dungeon crawl RTD-RPG-RTS extraveganza!)  (Read 5450 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Build-a-dungeon (A reverse Dungeon crawl RTD-RPG-RTS extraveganza!)
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2013, 08:08:20 pm »

"Not at all. I'm a tinkerer by trade, came here to try and make my way up in the world. As you can imagine, it's not all that easy to amass political power as a tinkerer, under The Overlord. So, how about you?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 08:58:10 pm »

"Ye say ye cannae tel me nathin o' yerself, then ye do...bah. Eniways, Ah'm from a dwarv'n fortr's o' the hills. Ah was a trapp'r, mayd gran' traps fer th'foes o' th' fortr's. Th'n a bunch o' 'acc'd'nts' hap'n'd, an' Ah lef'th' fortr's. Then, Ah cam here tae mak a new lyf fer mesel'. Per'aps get s'm power meself. Now, les'see how th' gobl'ns ye chose take tae minin'..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2013, 08:07:47 pm »

Turn 1: Waking the beast

The Queen, oddly silent, for once, decided she would take a brake and revel in others doing her work for her. The other three were planning on how to get started. The conversation was unusual as Vasperrio was talking reletively normally, Uben was talking so oddly he nearly needed a translator and Nox was talking in a way which could only be thought of as... well, green. Eventually they decided that Uben and Vasperrio would begin by mining for ores and caverns, and Nox would train the goblins in the way of archery.

[Uben Mining Roll: 3+3+1]

Uben Digs through the Stone as everyone expected: as though it were butter. He quickly finds a few strains of copper ore. +30 copper ore! They also find a cavern deep underground.

[random monster roll: 6]

Accross the cavern, Uben can see a large deposit of gold, which the Deep Dwarf King would be extremely please with, but he also makes out a giant sleeping beast, with a large round body and short legs. It repels even the goblins who grew up with monsters. They are all very thankful that it is asleep.

[Vasperrio mining roll: 6+1]

Digging in a completely differant area, Vasperrio suddenly hits upon a large amount of gold. Completely overjoyed, Vasperrio and the goblins digs through it with such vervor that they don't notice breaking into a cavern or the warning whispers of Uben. They stop though, when they notice that 8 red eyes are looking at them. These eyes then seem to bend away on flaps of skin in four seperate directions to reveal  giant mouth of sharp teeth and what seems an abyss afterwards. Suddenly, four tentacles come out of this darkness and go for one of Vasperrio's goblins!

[Abomination vs. Goblin: 3+3 vs. 2]

The four tentacles grab on to the goblin and lift him off the ground. he is then pulled towards this monstrous beast and thrown into it's giant mouth. All the viewers of this event expected the creature to tear the goblin apart and swallow, but instead it simply threw the goblin in! His terrible screams echo from within as you hear acid bubbling as well. -1 goblin! The monster then turns to Vasperrio, and prepares to attack agian.

meanwhile in the far safer top of the dungeon...

[Nox Training Roll: 6+1]

Nox gives a few of the goblins some of the extra bows, and he tries to teach them how to use them. This works a bit to well, and the goblins, after hitting the same training dummy 20 times in the same spot, get caught up in the excitment and decide to invade the town without the bosses. Nox, trying to regain control, chases after them.

Dungeon:

Character statuses:

The Infinity Queen: 75/75 hp
Nox: 75/75 hp
Vasperrio: 100/100 hp
Uben: 100/100 hp

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)

"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2013, 08:24:29 pm »

((Awesome! But please, clarification on the rules for waitlisters!))

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2013, 08:43:48 pm »

Yes I thought that Overlord get put wait list and  minions as-well,that you have other overlord that being use right now

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2013, 09:04:28 pm »

((You forgot to roll for my dancing! :P))
Ynodbag finally finishes his routine, and looks around, finding almost everyone had left. He speaks up in a nasally voice.
"Hello? Did no one like my dancing?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2013, 10:32:02 pm »

"Head back to the surface and arm yourselves! "
Vesp does so, following them up. When the taming attempt is made, also assist
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:16:54 pm by Spinal_Taper »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2013, 10:36:50 pm »

((Sorry, was busy.))

The Infinity Queen raised an eyebrow at the ruckus coming from down below. Poking her head down the stairs, her expression quickly turned to one of surprise... followed by a hint of avarice.

Attempt to reason with and/or tame abomination. From behind at least one goblin.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2013, 10:36:55 pm »

"Vasprio, ye damful!"

Shoo the goblins into the main fortress, before running after them and walling off the stairs. Also wonder why there are two staircases up and only one down.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2013, 11:09:51 pm »

Also wonder why there are two staircases up and only one down.
This

assist infinity queen.. also from behind at least one goblin
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2013, 01:31:55 am »

Ynodbag shrugs, and heads off to the stockpile to get a bite to eat.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2013, 10:03:09 am »

((That 7...Also, I love how gender was missed there XD))

Thrice curse these ecstatic younglings. Too eager to prove their worth than know the consequences-

But they did follow orders very well, and the town guard would surely deter them from continuing their rampage.

Surely they've got common sense an-

They're really doing it...

Nox sighed before choosing to enact the second plan that came to mind.

Turn this disaster into an opportunity! Try to cut ahead of the goblins and warn the townsfolk of an impending attack! If successful, try to examine the area and...well, generally how the town is. What kind of guard is present.

If not successful, try to scare off the goblins back to where they came.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2013, 10:11:34 am »

Wow, tons of 7s there. As goblin with Vasperrio, follow orders. Also, please also draw the goblins and how many are with who.
Pages: 1 2 [3]