Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: "Deity" in a human fortress  (Read 3364 times)

Yee

• Bay Watcher
  • Invasion!
    • View Profile
Re: "Deity" in a human fortress
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 05:21:17 am »

So, what happened to the other civs? All wiped out by the opossum? Then he is a true god indeed ;)

Joemit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 07:18:18 am »

I'll need to check. I think there might be an elven civ, but what chance do they have?
Here at dwarven !!SCIENCE!!s we reanimate the whole corpse! That's 60% more corpse per corpse!

Jerky

• Bay Watcher
  • Hermit Punsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 12:49:12 pm »

So, what happened to the other civs? All wiped out by the opossum? Then he is a true god indeed ;)
It's a pocket world, so there was probably only one human civ to begin with. I don't think you can find any other race's civs since they don't have actual sites yet.

Bronze Dog

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 08:56:33 pm »

This might be a bit out of place, but I've generated a fair number of Kobold Camp worlds, and I have yet to see a demon lead a kobold civ. The mod gives kobolds the pantheon token so they have gods, so I would think they could be tricked into worshiping a demon (I'd think more so, since they aren't as bright as humans). Anyone know what the hiccup might be?
Bronze Dog has been feeling rather happy lately. He is fond of scimitars, black bronze, turquoise, and kobolds for their underdog status.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 03:45:37 am »

This might be a bit out of place, but I've generated a fair number of Kobold Camp worlds, and I have yet to see a demon lead a kobold civ. The mod gives kobolds the pantheon token so they have gods, so I would think they could be tricked into worshiping a demon (I'd think more so, since they aren't as bright as humans). Anyone know what the hiccup might be?
I've heard that they need [VARIABLE_ POSITIONS] in the entity file so that the demon can create a position for it to take.

Yee

• Bay Watcher
  • Invasion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 10:47:54 am »

It's a pocket world, so there was probably only one human civ to begin with. I don't think you can find any other race's civs since they don't have actual sites yet.

Yes, but that depends on the world gen parameters and the age of the world. I had a pocket world with 2 dwarven civs and 2 humans civs. One of the later fell into oblivion due to the ridiculous amount of megabeasts and titans that roamed in this lovely piece of land (you want to have a task for your adventurer after all). I think you can see this easily by making a new adventurer. If you can choose between different human origins during the generation step (except outsider), then there are still more than one civ.  Or consulting legends mode for destroyed civs.

Bronze Dog

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 01:12:22 pm »

I've heard that they need [VARIABLE_ POSITIONS] in the entity file so that the demon can create a position for it to take.
Thanks. I'll try that.
Bronze Dog has been feeling rather happy lately. He is fond of scimitars, black bronze, turquoise, and kobolds for their underdog status.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2013, 09:34:34 am »

Thanks. I'll try that.

It can also be that the kobold speak a gibberish language which outsiders are unable to understand. If so you need to remove the [UTTERANCES] token in the raw file for kobolds among the creature raws. Removing it will also have other effects though, ex: kobolds might make peace with civs which they currently are unable to do because of the language diffrences.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 11:13:32 am »

Interesting. Similar happened to me once. Only it was a duck.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 09:11:51 pm »

In my newly generated world I played a fortress game. As usual I looked at the civilizations page to see if there were any more goblin or elven conspiracies (where my own or other civs are completely controlled by goblins or elves... I swear, it happens!). Here I noticed in the Human Civilization, The Incidental Confederacy, that there was Quula Gulshebgogol in the position of 'Master'. I'd never seen this before, so I checked it out.

In the legends I found that Quula was a deity worshipped by humans who was depicted as a skeletal female human and was associated with the day and death, among other things, and had recieved an astoundingly long following of necromancers as you'd expect. But never did it mention her leading a civ.

Curious, I looked up the Incidental Confederacy and found that in 3 they appointed the Hare-Demon Dotham as their Master! As it turns out, Dotham, a one-eyed hare-demon with long straight black hair who breathes fire, had somehow convinced these humans that he was a skeletal female human(oid) and one of their gods. Go figure.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 08:51:40 am »

who breathes fire

Didnt know clowns could breathe fire. Gas, liquid and solid attacks yes, but not fire.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 09:40:40 pm »

Didnt know clowns could breathe fire. Gas, liquid and solid attacks yes, but not fire.

Aye, Dotham breathes fire. Well, I'm not sure if she breathes it but she certainly emits it at you. I attempted to vanquish the beast on a human spearman demigod and the only attack it made towards me was fire.

Joemit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013, 02:44:37 pm »

Anyway, I killed it. It didn't really fight back so it was pretty easy taking it down. I then walked outside.
The *copper bolt* hits you in the head, bruising the skull and tearing the brain!
You have been shot down!
You are deceased.
One of the archers on the fortress walls shot me to death.
Here at dwarven !!SCIENCE!!s we reanimate the whole corpse! That's 60% more corpse per corpse!

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 03:55:34 pm »

Anyway, I killed it. It didn't really fight back so it was pretty easy taking it down. I then walked outside.
The *copper bolt* hits you in the head, bruising the skull and tearing the brain!
You have been shot down!
You are deceased.
One of the archers on the fortress walls shot me to death.

I tried that too, except the bolt hit me in the eye, getting stuck there.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 02:57:54 am »

Yeah, that usually happens when you kill someone's leader and/or God in DF.
Pages: 1 [2] 3