Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [MOD] Red Dawn Korps 0.0.5  (Read 7280 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
[MOD] Red Dawn Korps 0.0.5
« on: January 28, 2013, 08:18:51 pm »

Red Dawn Korps 0.0.5 (Originally Vherid Death Korps)
Initial modding has started. First downloadable version will be 0.1.0 or greater.

I have been thinking of alternative versions of the game for a while. Commies vs Fascists, Fascists vs AMERICA, Crips vs Bloods, etc. I think maybe I thought of a commie invasion situation a while ago, but either way, you could say http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122749.0 sparked the idea to actually do it. So this is going to be a "Freedom Fighters" type of mod clearly. This still matches up with the 80/90s world in conflict, red alert, etc etc. I think what can easily make this work out nicely too is even for the things like the senate and house, they can stay in place. They will merely be "proxied/puppeted" by the communists and etc to keep the illusion of American consistency. Ill plot more shit out soon.

Spoiler: "The Old Mod" (click to show/hide)

Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:09:09 pm by Vherid »

Famma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Vherid Death Korps 0.0.1
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 04:50:05 pm »

Will there be any non xml code changes?

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 10:54:03 pm »

Will there be any non xml code changes?

Yeah the previous mod had a few and I had quite a few ideas to make, so yes.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 01:49:29 am »

If I may, can I suggest a few weapons?

One weapon I think would be extremely badass is the Fostech Arms ORIGIN-12. It has an 8 round magazine, 30 round drum if want that in the game, its fully automatic, and I just think an automatic shotgun would be an awesome thing to have in the LCS. Theres also the Street Sweeper, but when people google Origin-12 they'll see it and go "DAMN! Thats a badass fucking gun."

Another gun would be the .22 Ruger LCR, I was thinking it would do piss poor damage, but have a good acuracy bonus since its a snub nose.

Theres also an AK Pistol, I can't remember the real name, but its basically a fully automatic pistol that fires ammo like an AK-74U.

I also had the idea for silenced weapons that wouldn't raise the alarm if you killed someone who was alone in one hit.

For melee, I was thinking something like MMA Gloves that does a little more damage than regular fist fighting, but still only counted as assault instead of armed assault.

And brick fists to, they're ghetto brass knuckles with bricks, I was thinking they would do a lot more damage than normal fists, but be suspicious no matter what, because wearing bricks on your fist is, well, supicious.

I also though of more weapons under the throwing skill that did damage to all enemies, like hand grenades or dynamite.

Wow, I had more ideas than I thought, maybe I should be pitching this at Fox instead.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 08:50:14 am »

If I may, can I suggest a few weapons?

One weapon I think would be extremely badass is the Fostech Arms ORIGIN-12. It has an 8 round magazine, 30 round drum if want that in the game, its fully automatic, and I just think an automatic shotgun would be an awesome thing to have in the LCS. Theres also the Street Sweeper, but when people google Origin-12 they'll see it and go "DAMN! Thats a badass fucking gun."

To me that looks like a Saiga, and I'd rather have a Saiga.

Another gun would be the .22 Ruger LCR, I was thinking it would do piss poor damage, but have a good acuracy bonus since its a snub nose.

Yeah that was in the previous mod, and will probably be in this one.

Theres also an AK Pistol, I can't remember the real name, but its basically a fully automatic pistol that fires ammo like an AK-74U.

I unno about that.

I also had the idea for silenced weapons that wouldn't raise the alarm if you killed someone who was alone in one hit.

Certainly an interesting idea, I unno if I can code something like that yet though. I'll see what I can do when I get to stuff like that, first I'm expanding the items.

For melee, I was thinking something like MMA Gloves that does a little more damage than regular fist fighting, but still only counted as assault instead of armed assault.

That was actually something I was already going to add too.

And brick fists to, they're ghetto brass knuckles with bricks, I was thinking they would do a lot more damage than normal fists, but be suspicious no matter what, because wearing bricks on your fist is, well, supicious.

I don't know about that either.

I also though of more weapons under the throwing skill that did damage to all enemies, like hand grenades or dynamite.

I planned on implementing stuff like this eventually as well.

tenmillimaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 11:58:37 am »

Suppressors are kind of really loud...
http://www.silencertests.com/tests/5-06-05-5.56mm/556.htm

http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/loudness.html
Most only reduce to about 120-130 decibels, unless you have an exceedingly large can attached, or are making other sacrifices.

Purpose built weapons, such as the welrod and the Delisle carbine, make it all the way down to 73 and 82 db respectively. Still fairly audible.

My point is, suppressors, if implemented, should only make conservatives suspicious.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 04:37:16 pm »

The stealthy weapons should be only the melee ones, like cutting off someone's head with a sword etc.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 06:36:46 pm »

I'll admit, it did make me smile. Actually made me think of playing Timesplitters 3 with Bricks Only turned on.

Funny as hell with four people running around (and possibly ten bots) chucking bricks at each other.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 07:20:51 pm »

I approve of this mod.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Freedom Fighters 0.0.3
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 08:16:48 am »

This is now Freedom Fighters.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 08:36:03 am »

So, will this is have creature and place name changes, or will it acctually change the game a lot? I was actually looking forward to have new weapons in just LCS.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 08:39:33 am »

So, will this is have creature and place name changes, or will it acctually change the game a lot? I was actually looking forward to have new weapons in just LCS.

I could have a separate "light" version with just some new weapons and stuff. That stuff is simple enough to manage on it's own.

Fivetime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 01:29:47 pm »

Sounds quite fun. Atleast I won't have to pretend anymore that the Death Squadrons in Nightmare Mode are really Soviet occupation troops.

flapjack3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 03:35:53 pm »

Wow i actuly started this idea. :D

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 11:15:14 pm »

Wow i actuly started this idea. :D

Its actually a nice idea that will transition smoothly, one that I love, and I wanted to do something more then just add a few things.

Some ideas I wrote out, Ill start typing out shit later, and digging deeper.
Pages: [1] 2 3