Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [MOD] Red Dawn Korps 0.0.5  (Read 7279 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Red Dawn Korps 0.0.4
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 05:33:44 am »

JBoy2000000's got a point there.  The Conservatives areThe $$ USA Flag Eagle $$ Party after all.

So are the Liberals and Libertarians. AMERICA is not a one sided thing.
But the way people think of it politically is.

Not necessarily, no.
But the hardcore people that would be supporting the cause to get America back would probably be the conservatives in the reguler game.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 06:55:28 am »

I wouldn't hesitate to just remove issues like Women's Rights if they don't fit. For the rest, just do whatever fits the Patriot/Soviet dynamic, disregarding the whole Liberal/Conservative spectrum. While I agree in principle with Jboy and KA101 that conservatism has much more affinity with the patriot side than liberalism does, you'll get into the weeds if you think too much about that. The core conflict here is Patriots against Soviets. Stick to that and you won't go wrong.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 07:44:59 am »

I just had an idea.

Have any of you ever heard of "Kronolog?"

In the game it is an alternet time line where the Nazis capture the scientist responsable for the Atom Bomb, and in turn win WWII, thus taking control of America. Somewhere down the line, women become no more than things for reproduction. Maybe that could be a Comunist/Patriot option?
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 09:19:37 am »

I want to see this in 1776.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 10:02:23 am »

But the hardcore people that would be supporting the cause to get America back would probably be the conservatives in the reguler game.

I guess, but there are certain things that fit better liberally. Either way I'm not trying to make things either conservative or liberal. Libertarian is actually more true AMERICA. We're not talking about Conservative 'gays and tin foil hats and govt taking my guns and mexicans taking muhjerbs' americans. We're talking about a different type of AMERICA. It's not something I can quite explain or express, it's just something I understand in my head.

I wouldn't hesitate to just remove issues like Women's Rights if they don't fit. For the rest, just do whatever fits the Patriot/Soviet dynamic, disregarding the whole Liberal/Conservative spectrum. While I agree in principle with Jboy and KA101 that conservatism has much more affinity with the patriot side than liberalism does, you'll get into the weeds if you think too much about that. The core conflict here is Patriots against Soviets. Stick to that and you won't go wrong.

Yeah Women's Rights was just too weird in this context, I've now replaced it with Food Rights, IE Buying Food vs. Bread Lines. But yes I'm focusing on Patriot/Soviet dynamic and not really worrying about whether something is Liberal or Conservative at all.

I just had an idea.

Have any of you ever heard of "Kronolog?"

In the game it is an alternate time line where the Nazis capture the scientist responsible for the Atom Bomb, and in turn win WWII, thus taking control of America. Somewhere down the line, women become no more than things for reproduction. Maybe that could be a Communist/Patriot option?

I'm not looking for weird alternate things like that. That's more a la Red Alert than the whole red dawn / world in conflict idea. With a 80s/90s era soviet union women had a lot of rights that they didn't quite have in other places. They were still discriminated against in terms of they were probably fired first at jobs, and they were deemed to be home makers as well as job holders, but they had pretty big impacts politically considering the time, as well as various other things. America was maybe not quite at that par just yet, it hasn't reached Im going to sue the shit out of everyone time yet, but, both countries hold close enough ideals in the way that women are not useless trash. There's not a big enough spectrum there, "more realistically".

I want to see this in 1776.

That's a pretty funny idea. But that's not something I would do most likely.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:58:37 am by Vherid »

roushguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Red Dawn Korps 0.0.5
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 12:12:15 pm »

Minor typo help for you, change 'on site' to 'on sight'.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Red Dawn Korps 0.0.5
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2013, 12:42:58 pm »

You know, you could actually make the Women Rights as 'Soviet troops are free to harass American women' on Soviet (sadly, it did happen IRL during the march on Berlin), vs. 'Soviet troops are harshly penalized by their COs for any transgressions against women' on Patriot. It would mirror the Soviet leadership being pressured into making their troops behave to avoid a rebellion.

Some other things could probably work along those lines.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 2 [3]