Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Merge DF with another game  (Read 12449 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Merge DF with another game
« on: January 30, 2013, 01:33:51 pm »

We all know well that Dwarf Fortress beats most games in almost every non-visual aspect, from realism to combat system.
But what if we combined Dwarf Fortress with another game's (preferably fantasy, but whatever) features? What crazily fun games could become?

Heroes Of Armok: God of Blood - Chapter III: Restoration of Erathia
MY GOD!

Not only the sheer nostalgic value, but the combat system.
(NOW Necropolis, or should I say, Necromancer Tower, would be OP - raising corpses of pretty much anything would be crazily fun to do, but dragons are that much more imba - they can't fly, though.

Do YOU have any ideas? Share 'em here.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Merge DF with another game
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 02:37:07 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: Cataclysm

The zombies are everywhere.  You and a small group of survivors need to build a fortress to attempt to survive against the horde.

Features:
  • Build walls and fortifications to protect your fortress against the zombie hordes in a fully 3D environment rendered in glorious ASCII!
  • Send out and/or lead salvage parties into the dangerous city to acquire materials. Or strike the earth, mining for raw ores and digging out underground bunkers!
  • Zombies are not the only things out there, battle giant insects, mysterious blob monsters, long eared cannibal mutants, Trifflids, or even lead an assault against a massive fungal spire!
  • Be careful of digging too deep, there are already abandoned mines scattered about that uncovered some untold horrors, you wouldn't want to dig any up yourself!
  • As your fortress becomes more successful get more migrants to add to your workforce and drain your supplies.  Careful!  Some may be carrying the virus... or worse...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 04:05:17 pm »

Gears of Halo theft auto Fortress duty: Final A.N.A.G.R.A.M. for middle space effect farming simulator: Revenge of the main character of war and button mashing.

You are the sole survivor of a streetwise orphan with 1337 hacker skills, in a world full of space cowboys rising against the government who are working with terrorist aliens and are also using viruses and cybernetics to create a super race of humans completely under their control. But not really, since the plot twist we are spoiling right now in the back cover is that NO URIST YOU ARE THE DEMONS.
How will you fare in this post apocalypse first person multiplayer online role playing shooter with real time strategy elements?
Will you lead a quiet life in a small fishing village on the moon, puzzled at the mystery of spacethulhu and epic philosopher musicians?
Will you forge your own journey amongst the caverns of new Faecus Latinus, bringing civilization to the darkest corners of space?
Will you explore the deep intricacies of stabbing those mean bad guys in the face in gratuitous slow motion?

Also features week after week of DLC (prices may vary), randomly forced multiplayer, every voice actor being done by Brian Blessed and a man rattling some shiny keys on your screen upon a backdrop of explosions for endless hours of replayability and entertainment.
Also features in game advertisements for cinnabar every 2 minutes.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 04:14:18 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: Cataclysm

The zombies are everywhere.  You and a small group of survivors need to build a fortress to attempt to survive against the horde.

Features:
  • Build walls and fortifications to protect your fortress against the zombie hordes in a fully 3D environment rendered in glorious ASCII!
  • Send out and/or lead salvage parties into the dangerous city to acquire materials. Or strike the earth, mining for raw ores and digging out underground bunkers!
  • Zombies are not the only things out there, battle giant insects, mysterious blob monsters, long eared cannibal mutants, Trifflids, or even lead an assault against a massive fungal spire!
  • Be careful of digging too deep, there are already abandoned mines scattered about that uncovered some untold horrors, you wouldn't want to dig any up yourself!
  • As your fortress becomes more successful get more migrants to add to your workforce and drain your supplies.  Careful!  Some may be carrying the virus... or worse...
* The Darkling Wolf surreptitiously slides his secret Cataclysm Future plans folder under the bed
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 05:41:57 pm »

Purge the heretic with Thorns! Let the Omnisiah bless Spelm, socks of lithium adorned with spikes of Geist teeth wrapped in the legendary pelt of DAKKA! MAGMA FOR THE END TIMES! For Cain! For the Pure! Cleanse with protheiumans wand you fill have blessed sleep! In the grim darkness of the now, there is only night.

I give you the most Grimdark of all possible settings... Dwarf Fortress, Warhammer 40000 and World Of darkness.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Mushroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 06:10:45 pm »

Dwarf Tetris

The 7 blocks of Tetris are expanded to over 500 types of decorated and engraved masterwork blocks, each can be rotated independently through 3 dimensions, the physics engine is just a placeholder so blocks don't actually fall, most games of Dwarf Tetris are abandoned by the player due to FPS death.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 06:36:00 pm »

Dwarf Team Fortress 2: Slaves of Mann: Gods of Australia: Histories of [PROJECTILE] and [MELEE WEAPON]

Over 76 classes, entirely unique in every aspect, fighting against each other on maps covering dozens upon hundreds of miles, with all the insane shenanigans of both games packed into one!
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 03:24:55 pm »

Dwarf Team Fortress 2: Slaves of Mann: Gods of Australia: Histories of [PROJECTILE] and [MELEE WEAPON]

Over 76 classes, entirely unique in every aspect, fighting against each other on maps covering dozens upon hundreds of miles, with all the insane shenanigans of both games packed into one!

I posted that twice in TF2 forums, simply calling it Dwarf Fortress 2.
Which, to say, makes so much sense.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 04:58:50 pm »

A title like that actually becomes rather funny when you consider that TF2 is technically the third game in it's lineage: The original Team Fortress was a Quake Mod, which was then made into an official game, which then got a sequel.

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood: Chapter Two: Dwarf Fortress is itself is a sequel to Slaves to Armok: God of Blood, and thus Dwarf Fortress 2 would be a sequel to a sequel.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 11:10:45 am »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 12:23:02 pm »

Dwarf Fortress : Torment

You are an immortal amnesiac dwarf, and you cannot die. You have no idea why. Build a fortress, learn what can change the nature of a dwarf, then travel/dig to hell, then to other planes to know the price of life and death, and find why you cannot die.

Including an animated human skull with high master comedian skill, a particularly [BENIGN] demon, a [DUTY_BOUND] suit of armor, lots of false expectations, and a very indepth story.

(amusingly, when DF will be finished, we probably will be able to copy Torment's story entirely)

Nonsequitorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 01:10:13 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: TIRLBG

It's dwarf fortress, except THE IN-REAL-LIFE BOARD GAME. You start with seven, fully sentient pieces and have to build a fortress to defened against the go(vernment)blins who want to figure out why the fuck you're building a stone fortress on the Washington Mall destroy you. Elves get mad at you for destroying the environment do get your supplies for the fortress. Gods are just as debatable as in the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 01:19:45 am »

Dwarf Fortress : Torment

You are an immortal amnesiac dwarf, and you cannot die. You have no idea why. Build a fortress, learn what can change the nature of a dwarf, then travel/dig to hell, then to other planes to know the price of life and death, and find why you cannot die.

Including an animated human skull with high master comedian skill, a particularly [BENIGN] demon, a [DUTY_BOUND] suit of armor, lots of false expectations, and a very indepth story.

(amusingly, when DF will be finished, we probably will be able to copy Torment's story entirely)

I just want to say that I approve.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 01:48:21 am »

X:DFTL (Dwarves Faster than Light)
  • Design and assemble your spaceship and staff it with your hand-picked crew.
  • Explore a procedurally-generated universe which has its own living economy that is tracked in real-time.
  • Work your way up from meager salvager, mercenary, or trader to commanding a space empire or mercenary fleet that has whole galaxies begging for mercy.
  • Stations are now modular - start by deploying a docking bay, then ship minerals and resources mined from asteroids, salvaged, manufactured, or traded for, and design your space station piece-by-piece.  Go from outpost to bustling space city.
  • Contract managers to run your stations, and keep civilian populations happy and fed, and you can turn profitsss on a monopolized market.
  • Battle enemy space ships through dogfighting prowess while simultaneously commanding your fleets through the radial menu as a strategy game where you play as one of the ships from the cockpit view, even while pirates are crawling through the halls of your own ship!
  • Keep damaged ship parts in good repair, an !!Oxygen Recycler!! leads to quick Fun.
  • NPC corporations rise and fall in real time, trading the goods NPC stations produce - make bets on which ones will last in the stock market, and use your fleets to ensure that your bets pay off!
  • Diplomacy means you can spark wars between the sentient races, or broker peace, whichever most benefits your profitsss.
  • The space economy grows dynamically in response to population growth - foster greater profitsss by ensuring that population rises in neutral space colonies, and they will have an abundance of wealth to trade with you.  Or. Kill. EVERYONE!
  • Witness the most obtuse interface ever inflicted upon man!  Menu-based orders system that makes telling a single ship to go someplace require 7 different sub-menus to issue a single order... per ship in fleets of up to hundreds!
  • Have a top-of-the-line hundred dollar joystick?  If not, get one, because you'll need at least 7 hands, a keyboard, mouse, joystick, gamepad, multiple monitors, touchscreen, and personal at-home flight simulator rig to manage all the controls!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 03:11:42 am by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

oven_baked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 11:50:35 am »

Urist Was Alone.
 Dwarves gain sentience.
We just need to get Toady to embed a Lisp interpreter into DF.  Learning lambda calculus in order to play the game wouldn't make DF's learning curve much steeper.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8