Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Darkness Below  (Read 13250 times)

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
Re: The Darkness Below
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 07:42:48 pm »

Web them. Then grab one of their weapons and kill them all.

+1

No... kill one or two and maim the rest. Leave some alive for the rest of your kind to play with while you work on opening the door.

Sure, why not.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 10:02:26 am »

we do not open doors - we destroy them.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 11:56:24 am »

In a door's case, destruction is generally a form of opening.

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
  • Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 01:25:49 pm »

These stunted beings are no match for your fearsome might. One moves in to strike, his hammer swung, glancing off your steel plating. Though you feel the force of the impact within your flesh, it is of no consequence. You retaliate with a much greater blow, driving your armored fist into his chest, crumpling it and propelling him against the wall of the tunnel. Blood sprays from his mouth and soaks his beard, and he collapses to the ground, unmoving.

Web them. Then grab one of their weapons and kill them all.

What need have you for the weapons of mortalkind when your very form is a masterwork implement of destruction?

But perhaps you'll entertain the idea, if only to see the dwarves hoist with their own petard. You take the fallen one's hammer, and turn to face the remaining three, whom, though stunned by the ferocity and swiftness in which you eliminated their kinsdwarf, advance fearlessly once more.

"Monsters! Monsters are coming! Run for your lives!" The fortress is alive with panic and disorder. Armored dwarves brandishing crossbows, hammers, axes, and all sorts of weapons run past you, nearly throwing you off your feet, charging in the direction everyone else seems to be moving away from.

You heft your trusty steel pick. Masterful in its construction, the weaponsmith that wrought it truly is an artisan. Even though you're not a miner by trade, you answered the call for more working the pits. After all, the pay was good, and you were told that you could even have an adamantine trinket or two to take home as long as you fulfilled your daily quota.

Doesn't seem like you'll be filling it today.

What is your name?

What is your gender?

What is your profession?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:31:29 pm by Aerie »
Play my forum game, The Darkness Below!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 01:36:14 pm »

Borg Wapwap

male

cheese maker
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 01:43:14 pm »

URIST MCKICKASS

Male

Asskicker Blacksmith
I need to put something interesting here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 02:00:58 pm »

Aban Greatgate

Male

Miner
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 02:13:41 pm »

Aban Greatgate

Female

Fisherdwarf

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 04:20:48 pm »

Aban Greatgate

Female

Fisherdwarf
+1
Also, I am integrating the quote about breaking doors into my sig.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 06:53:25 pm »

You are Aban Saraminod, better known in the vulgar tongue as Aban Greatgate. Once a fisherdwarf, a few days ago you signed on to the mining team when prospectors struck adamantine. Working in the depths of the earth is a stark contrast to the surface, but part of you was glad to be out of the sunlight for once.

However, all of you feels that you should get as far away from here as possible. The screams coming from behind the sealed door at the end of the hallway, dwarven and monstrous alike, do not do well to convince you otherwise.

A guardsdwarf approaches you and grabs your arm and your attention with a metal gauntlet. "Oi, lass, what're ye doin' standin' there like a lost babby? They're sealin' off th' lower mines, gitcher arse outta 'ere 'fore I drag ye out meself!"

What shall you do?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:17:14 pm by Aerie »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 07:09:23 pm »

You really need to ask?

RUN!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 07:11:07 pm »

Spoiler: Journal Entry 5 (click to show/hide)

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 07:29:05 pm »

You make a break for it with the fortress guard, towards the upper levels of the fortress, running as fast as your legs can carry you (by dwarven standards, awfully fast; by other sentient standards, not quite so.) What awaits you at the other end of the hallway, though, is far from safety.

A panicked mob of dwarves push and beat their fists uselessly against a wall that couldn't have been there a few minutes ago. No, no, they can't just leave everyone to die! You begin to work your way through the packed crowd before the guard roughly pulls you back by the collar of your shirt.

"No, lass! They've abandoned us down 'ere! Come quickly, I've a way to --"

His words devolve into a pitiful gurgling noise, and his grip on your collar goes slack. Something hot and liquid splatters across your back. You turn around and find the guard floating in mid-air, a clawed fist of steel erupting from his breastplate. Behind him, a colossal, winged, spider-like creature, made of dull and scarred metal, with four massive arms -- one of which wields a hammer puny in comparison to its bulk.

The monstrosity tosses the dwarf aside, and stares you down, locking its molten red eyes with your own. The panicking behind you grows quiet in deference to the pervasive aura of fear settling over the area. It takes all of the willpower you can muster to not drop your pick and submit yourself to death.

There are open doors to your left and right, but it looks like another tunnel branches off a bit behind this thing. The hallway's wide enough to at least try and slip by it; certainly, it won't chase after a lone dwarf...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 07:37:21 pm »

Point and shout as if pointing out another unlucky soul, then make a break for it when it's not looking.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 07:47:49 pm »

Spoiler: Non-canon ending 1 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:55:51 pm by Aerie »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4