Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Motornation.net - The Browser Game about Owning Shitty British Cars  (Read 3184 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Motornation.net - The Browser Game about Owning Shitty British Cars
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2021, 03:03:36 pm »

Do you know which section of the classifieds it shows up in? At this point it's just curiousity; my life savings is still under 2,000.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2021, 10:02:55 pm »

Ice Cream Vans will show up in general. They're also gonna cost 10,000-20,000... and the ones that cost 10,000, will need a lot of repairs! Ice cream jobs require IIRC 30% or less body wear. So, you're going to want to set your sights a little lower... after you get a good taxi car, save up and try to get your second garage space (or get a membership and rent a garage). You can flip cars for some extra money, or save up for a car that can chauffeur or win races. THEN you'll be in a position to start saving for an ice cream van, haha.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2021, 12:02:57 am »

I decided to give up on the Charger, only profited 350 pounds in the A-class drag and that comes around like once every four days, so I figured something else would be more profitable. But, I repaired and sold it, and found its value increased dramatically. Restoring it to "mint condition" (less than 75% sum of damage in each category) caused the value to go from 7500 to 16000, and only cost me about 2500. Fortunately an NPC bought the car at 16k so I made a tidy profit!

I decided to grab a Camaro and try to repeat the trick... here's my findings:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In short, buying these classic muscle cars and repairing is quite profitable, if you have the cash set aside! I currently have that Camaro listed on the market for 12000 hoping I find the right sucker buyer. I wasted a lot of time and money experimenting with drag racing setups but this should put me back on track!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2021, 09:57:35 pm »

Okay, I did a bit more experimentation.

The maximum amount of hours you can accumulate is 100 and 0 minutes.
Jobs refresh each real-world hour, or when you do a job.
You gain $8 and 2 hours in-game for each real-world hour.
Racing air filter and lightening stage 1 are economical ways to increase miles per gallon to save money on fuel. Probably especially useful with heavier vehicles. Both also improve engine durability.
The ECU is cheap but only improves BHP at the cost of some slight engine and running gear durability.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 12:33:43 pm by Iduno »
Pages: 1 [2]