Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 76

Author Topic: Factorio - Factory building game  (Read 253854 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: Factorio - Factory building game
« Reply #1035 on: April 30, 2019, 09:55:33 pm »

A well equipped tank is meant to take you to the end game, so... they're not until they fully evolve?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 30, 2019, 09:57:05 pm »

A well equipped tank is meant to take you to the end game, so... they're not until they fully evolve?

I thought by then you should have modular power armor to surpass metal gear the tank.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1037 on: April 30, 2019, 10:17:56 pm »

I generally don't bother with less than PA2 due to how useful the car and tank are when equipped with piercing+.
PA2 is *the* end game, but tank will definitely get you there.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 30, 2019, 10:25:17 pm »

What I'm wondering is, at some point does the bus become too slow for all the things that need it?

Yes. Then you either add more bus (if you're running a one-sided bus) or build more production of whatever's run out and insert it onto the bus after the point where it runs out. Just adding more at the origin ends up running into belt throughput limits unless you do one of these two.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 01, 2019, 01:00:13 am »

And then at that point you should be upgrading belts to the next level.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 03, 2019, 01:56:37 pm »

In a Vanilla game, Laser turrets are more about whether you want to have to set-up many things for your mining outposts :

Gun turrets can take care of most enemies, and flame throwing turrets are great for the rest. Clearing out bitter nests also helps.
the "problem" with both gun and flame turrets is that they need ammunition, whereas laser turrets only need electricity, so it can be easier to set up a mining outpost with laser.
On the other hand, the train getting the ore out of your outpost could be the same bringing the ammo (or fuel) to the gun (and/or flame) turrets.

Don't gun turrets have problems trying to shoot the biggest spitters? I think they are outranged by them, or maybe I'm confusing it with a different game.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 03, 2019, 02:11:40 pm »

Yeah, I'm not really sure (didn't really play with the last patch), but I think so (that's why I wrote that Gun turrets can take care of most enemies).
Flame Throwers have the longest range out of the "normal turrets" (not counting artillery), and they are great for defending a base against the big groups of enemies that come with this kind of critter.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 03, 2019, 03:52:29 pm »

One of my concerns with gun turrets is the vast disparity between the 3 tiers of ammo... the only automatic way I know how to clear the magazines is for the gun to fire.  Plus your reloading system is already going to be full of lower tier ammo by the time you upgrade.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 03, 2019, 05:10:11 pm »

If you're like me and have an ammo belt going all the way around your base, you can use the ammo that's on it to craft the upgraded ammo to go on it. As for the ammo that's inside a turret... yes, if you're playing without mods, just let it fire at the enemies until it can get better ammo from the belt.

Otherwise, there are mods to help you put/get ammo from turrets.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 03, 2019, 09:45:01 pm »

eh, by the time I get around to building mass turrets and automating reloading them, I probably skipped automating yellow bullets.  I just mass produce the red ones.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 12, 2019, 02:47:27 pm »

So I'm definitely getting this game, the only question is when. My biggest worry is that if I get it now and play it to death, I'm not going to feel like playing it when it's finished and has a ton more content. Alleviate my fears or cement them. I want to enjoy the final product.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1046 on: May 12, 2019, 04:48:54 pm »

So I'm definitely getting this game, the only question is when. My biggest worry is that if I get it now and play it to death, I'm not going to feel like playing it when it's finished and has a ton more content. Alleviate my fears or cement them. I want to enjoy the final product.
When I got Factorio I played it for like 8 hours straight the first day and then I didn't touch it for ages. The mod community took off in the meantime though so there is an absolute ton of content out there and still to come. Even if Factorio development died a year ago it'd still be worth buying.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 12, 2019, 05:54:40 pm »

When I got Factorio I played it for like 8 hours straight the first day and then I didn't touch it for ages. The mod community took off in the meantime though so there is an absolute ton of content out there and still to come. Even if Factorio development died a year ago it'd still be worth buying.

Wait, they are done updating it? Because I thought they had a lot more planned.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 12, 2019, 06:24:05 pm »

It has not stopped updating, he is saying that just the content from a year ago is quite fulfilling.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 12, 2019, 10:26:31 pm »

That said, as far as I know (could be wrong) they're there not planning on adding any major new systems - they seem to be mostly polishing what's there, with the last couple of releases being mostly based around high-res graphics and a better GUI.

They're currently working on unique ruins for destroyed structures, a bigger and better tutorial/campaign, as well as general performance improvements.

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 76