Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 76

Author Topic: Factorio - Factory building game  (Read 252529 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Factorio - Factory building game
« Reply #1080 on: August 16, 2020, 05:59:33 pm »

See having that in the tutorial would've been nice xd

As far as a to-do list goes, not sure if that's the most appropriate term but it's the one Satisfactory uses. Basically you add buildings/items/whatever to a list and it pops on screen how much is needed to craft all of it and how much you have currently. It's a really useful and quick way to plan builds when you can just go, ok need 15 assemblers and 3 inserters per each one, that'll cost me this much in terms of plates, cogs, electronics, whatever instead of having to calculate that stuff yourself.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 17, 2020, 04:28:37 am »

See having that in the tutorial would've been nice xd

As far as a to-do list goes, not sure if that's the most appropriate term but it's the one Satisfactory uses. Basically you add buildings/items/whatever to a list and it pops on screen how much is needed to craft all of it and how much you have currently. It's a really useful and quick way to plan builds when you can just go, ok need 15 assemblers and 3 inserters per each one, that'll cost me this much in terms of plates, cogs, electronics, whatever instead of having to calculate that stuff yourself.
Don't blueprints do that? Sum up the raw material costs of the blueprint, I mean.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 17, 2020, 05:46:04 am »

Not sure, haven't really interacted with them, aren't they a drone related thing?

Like I said, been a few years since I last played or followed the development of the game so for all I know these things might be implemented but not in a way I'd expect.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 22, 2020, 11:01:00 am »

You can create to-do lists on the map by placing map markers.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 24, 2020, 10:00:28 am »

Im afraid to even look at factorio mods... so much complexity
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 24, 2020, 01:46:17 pm »

Mods are more manageable if they use the tech tree. You don't have more in your face than you can handle.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 25, 2020, 11:30:46 am »

Also getting back to this after a longish pause. I've always been playing vanilla so far, so this time I wanna go with a major mod. One that adds more of everything.
Can I has some recommendations here? A list, if more than one is required.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 25, 2020, 11:59:41 am »

Hah, you suppose so, but if you jump right into, say, BobAngel's mods, you're in for a faceful.

I mean, it's great. It's remarkably enjoyable to put together and learn every step to a BobAngel's factory. It'll take you multitudes of hours longer than the base game, but that's okay. You're in it to learn and have fun, right?

You'll want to crank down the evolution factor for that one, particularly if you're new to it. The tech tree will give you a general idea of what you're supposed to do, but without something like FNEI or some overt direction, you will get lost in the massive quantity of additions. It's up to you to decide if that's okay!

Yuoki just says "here's everything, oh and we replaced every vanilla thing too" and that will confuse people for dozens of hours.

For just "more" I'd probably say the Space Exploration mod.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 20, 2021, 06:11:15 am »

I got absorbed into this again. You can build tanks now. Tanks that fire missiles. :D

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 20, 2021, 08:18:35 am »

Also getting back to this after a longish pause. I've always been playing vanilla so far, so this time I wanna go with a major mod. One that adds more of everything.
Can I has some recommendations here? A list, if more than one is required.

Industrial revolution: Gives you "ages" to progress through, increases complexity a bit, nice for one or two playthroughs. The good part is that it does not overwhelm you with stuff to do, and starts slow. Has this "expanded vanilla" feel. Also does not require any other mods. But FNEI is a huge QOL improvement to pass at any point.

Bob + Angel: My personal favorite. Makes the game more complex, adds tons of stuff, and most things have multiple recipes + many recipes have byproducts you can either throw away (I heavily recommend playing this with void chest mod) or use for increased efficiency. Resource mining is also overhauled, and instead of mining one ore per resource, you can process it into multiple differrent ores based upon how/ how much you decide to process it. The main point for me is that in Bob+Angel you dont need quantity as much as diversity, so it is not just copying hundreds of identical machines producing one recipe but more of dozens of different machines running dozens of different recipes. Has a research system so you dont get overwhelmed at the beginning, but in my experience the research will eventually outrun you and you will be unlocking stuff faster then you can explore it, but at the point this happens it doesnt feel like a problem. Recommended additional mods: void chest, FNEI. Oh, and I recomend not using modules, bob modules are OP. Also compatible with yuoki, and you can ignore its stuff until you feel like it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 02, 2021, 06:13:37 am »

Krastorio 2 + Space Exploration's another massive expansion, one that isn't quite as masochistic as bob + angel but still has some interesting new logistics to consider.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: June 07, 2021, 05:23:32 pm »

Krastorio 2 + Space Exploration's another massive expansion, one that isn't quite as masochistic as bob + angel but still has some interesting new logistics to consider.
I took your recommendation and it's adding a lot more content and doing a good job of not feeling like a replay. Better than Bob's stuff too.

However I realized that the enemies are still lacking. I would love the idea of setting up walls and guns throughout the base, however enemies are predictable and I just end up doing what I did before. Make 2x2 gun "towers" with walls in the way of their paths and throw in 800 ammo. I don't have to check them for hours.

It would be cool if there was a mod that added more variety other than "run here". Like bugs that probe defenses before charging. Or big bug waves that give a warning. Or bugs that tunnel underneath.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: June 07, 2021, 05:32:43 pm »

Rampant is supposed to do just that- the biters will probe your defenses (and therefore won't run through the same path every time), has new enemy types, sends retaliatory waves after killing bases, or more waves at night, etc. Far as I'm aware, it plays nicely with every other major game mod, too.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1093 on: June 07, 2021, 07:44:25 pm »

There are a few mods that do indeed add smarter, or at least less lemming-like, enemy AI.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: June 07, 2021, 07:57:35 pm »

Rampant does sound exactly like what I was looking for! But why does it have a -400 trending rate? Is something wrong with it?
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 76