Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 76

Author Topic: Factorio - Factory building game  (Read 252519 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Factorio
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 06:32:03 pm »

Very intriguing. Wish there was more information in the OP though. I feel as if a lot of people are going to roll right over this.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 09:13:44 pm »

I don't like it as well, but s3 is paid service, and we can't risk being target of some kind of attack and be forced to pay thousands of dollars for bandwidth.
We are considering having torrent as alternative download source, would anybody use it?

I would say a Torrent would help a bit, but still doesn't offer a good level of accessibility. Can you limit the number of downloads per day through s3 or what ever?

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 01:19:32 am »

I would use the torrent link if the main download link was unavailable or slow.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 01:33:26 am »

I love th concept, i really hope yout suceed friend.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

kovarex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2013, 08:00:37 am »

Can you limit the number of downloads per day through s3 or what ever?
We wanted to do it that way, but it is not possible, s3 is not as good service as we thought.

Very intriguing. Wish there was more information in the OP though. I feel as if a lot of people are going to roll right over this.
I edited the post to contain more info.

little_dwarf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Factorio - Factory building game
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 07:33:55 pm »

Hey guys!

I checked your indiegogo campaign and I really like your train video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmp66SmUztQ

I am going to finish the last demo mission. Do you think it would be possible to get access to alpha version now?

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2013, 09:48:07 am »

Just finished the demo and I gotta say it's already a good game.

Can I suggest an item though?:
A splitter conveyor belt that divides items equally between 2 conveyor belts.
Also: Sorting inserters that only take one specific item.

One thing i noticed too was that the crafting UI is already pretty cluttered, and with 50 items or more it will become terrible.
Maybe the UI could be split into tech levels, and use. So you have one tab for tools and amour, one tab for burner tech, one tab for electric tech and so on.
Also once you get electric stuff the burner tech becomes useless and just clutters the interface, maybe you could somehow remove obsolete tech from the crafting menu.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:45:59 am by ank »

kovarex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2013, 12:05:17 pm »

little_dwarf: Sent you the alpha in private message.
ank:
Splitter conveyor is planned for sure.
Sorting inserters are already implemented in the alpha (http://kovarex.com/wiki/index.php/Inserter#Filter_inserter), if you want to try the alpha, just message me.

We are sure, that the crafting selection needs some reorganisation, groups (tabs) is one of the solutions, although it would require the player to do additional action (select the group) when he wants to craft.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2013, 12:54:44 pm »

I have to say, first impression wise, I am very pleased.

Some things that jumped at that show this will be a quality production:

Key bindings, Sound control (you can turn down the background music), quick transfer in inventory, and a good tutorial. I am not going to lie, I am very impressed.

The tutorial is so good that when I accidentally mined the furnace instead of using it it explained what I did wrong. I laughed at myself.

The game is fun too. I am not terribly far but I am areadly building poorly designed production lines that cause everything to fail at once... and loving it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2013, 09:59:40 pm »

I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or not. I'm in the third mission, I put down some lamps right next to my power lines, and then when it gets dark nothing happens except I can't see a thing, I get my health drained and I hear deaths if I'm shooting my pistol blindly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2013, 10:37:58 pm »

ptw, this looks good. I'll grab the demo

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2013, 11:33:56 am »

ptw, this looks good. I'll grab the demo

same

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2013, 11:48:13 am »

Just finished the demo. Concept looks pretty neat, however i hate how fast it's played. Getting a wave of enemies every 30sec (or minute) that increase in size by 1 each time don't allow you to have fun building things. I hope full version will be played much slower (main purpose of the game is building or fighting?). There is not much content in demo, but it looks promising.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2013, 12:54:53 pm »

So, is there some way to hit people with a pickaxe or something?  Because in the third stage I inevitably run out of bullets and can't fight off any more Creepers.

Other than that, it's pretty great so far.  The fact that it comes with a very informative tutorial even at this stage is a big selling point.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2013, 03:09:56 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Got research and defence automated. The only thing I need to do myself is bring coal to the furnaces and boilers :D
So, is there some way to hit people with a pickaxe or something?  Because in the third stage I inevitably run out of bullets and can't fight off any more Creepers.

Other than that, it's pretty great so far.  The fact that it comes with a very informative tutorial even at this stage is a big selling point.

You can make more bullets out of iron bars.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 76