Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Grim Fortress Tileset 10x12 ( ASCII+ )  (Read 75394 times)

TigerHunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grim Fortress Tileset 10x12 ( ASCII+ )
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 11:43:30 pm »

Thank you!

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 08:38:57 pm »

Ooooo, nice. Should probably make sure this gets into the wiki's Tileset Repository. And maybe the LNP. (Yes, I am a fan of tools that make it easier to swap out tilesets. Somebody should probably come up with a generic Tileset and Graphics Pack Switcher that you would simply supply with the packs and their settings in some standard format and it would allow you to easily switch them and automatically update your saves... sort of a generic/extended version of the pack details selector that one of the graphics packs has -- I think it's Phoebus? I'm rambling now... consider the thread derailed if you like, or consider just my post derailed if you prefer. But it's a serious idea.)
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 04:03:38 am »

Absolutely beautiful. I just love the misty feeling this emits. This has all of the good sides of ASCII, and top of it this has 16x16 squares and awesome coloring. Thank you for this awesome tileset.

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
  • ...and the severed part sails off in an arc!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 06:44:30 am »

Ooooo, nice. Should probably make sure this gets into the wiki's Tileset Repository.

I checked and it still wasn't there. So I added it today. I placed it in the Graphics set repository though, as unlike "true" tilesets, this requires changes to files other than just the tileset image. I've also added Jolly Bastion to the Graphics set repository in the wiki, as it was missing previously as well.

lebobcrash

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 12:00:51 pm »

howdey there fellow dwarfs!
this was my go-to dwarf fortress tileset of v34. i switched to v40 now (with PyLNP) and i can't get this tileset to work with the new version. it does'nt even show up in the PyLNP graphics options (nor does any other newly added (v40-compatible) tileset).

any hints? are tilesets of the old and new version completely uncompatible? i'd really like to use this one again ;-)

thanks for any help!

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 12:27:20 pm »

howdey there fellow dwarfs!
this was my go-to dwarf fortress tileset of v34. i switched to v40 now (with PyLNP) and i can't get this tileset to work with the new version. it does'nt even show up in the PyLNP graphics options (nor does any other newly added (v40-compatible) tileset).

any hints? are tilesets of the old and new version completely uncompatible? i'd really like to use this one again ;-)

thanks for any help!

First of all, Here is most recent thread. No need to bump old ones :)
To solve your problem, try to take Grim from fricy's repo (here) instead of composing it yourself and put it in graphics folder of PyLNP.

Added: i assume this may be raws problem, means that you haven't added entire default "raw" folder to graphics/grim-fortress
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:30:57 pm by HaterSkater »
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 05:41:18 am »

Ran across this in the PyLNP, (thanks Fricy for the graphics repo!) and I'm loving it.

Its a great tileset+colors to complement the Dark Ages mod

edit: ugh this is an old thread. nevermind. for others here is the new one http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=128157.0
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 03:15:16 pm by rmblr »

Levity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2018, 07:03:00 am »

This looks lovely. Will be trying out.

Wrong thread.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2018, 05:21:54 am »

While this thread is still up, im not sure if ill get a response from the OP, but to just help out a little bit it seems like tree's are not supported by this tileset

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Enclosed are the default tile allocation settings for trees on d_init, hence i've got a little problem running it on 44.12 with blacked out tree tiles after copy and replacing (not a problem though i just need to cross reference everything on a more recent one). Everything else is very pretty though, so a 1.3 release would be very welcome.

Particularly pretty to walk about on adventure mode and see the generated settlements.

WARNING: Do NOT copy over the d_init.txt from an earlier version of DF.
Always read the file carefully, including the comments.

Thankfully there's a warning on file anyway ported with vanilla. oops.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 05:24:11 am by FantasticDorf »
Pages: 1 [2]