Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54

Author Topic: SMAC MP Game: Turn 100! Partial Map Inside  (Read 39441 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SMAC MP Game: Turn 100! Partial Map Inside
« Reply #780 on: April 18, 2014, 06:41:19 pm »

*poke poke*

Still waiting on 2102

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #781 on: April 18, 2014, 06:47:24 pm »

Looks like it's Burnination.

And it's off.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 06:53:51 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 18, 2014, 09:03:31 pm »

And passed on.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 24, 2014, 12:51:15 pm »

@Postal: I would take your last base this turn. However, taking it causes the game to bug out.

An explanation is here - I'm going to require you to self-destruct the unit in your last city to take yourself out of the game on the next turn. Please don't take any other actions on that turn, of course.

I'll write up a suitably self-aggrandising post about the war, if that's any consolation for being knocked out.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 12:56:41 pm by Twiggie »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 24, 2014, 06:52:01 pm »

I don't know if it was you or fungus that destroyed my last vehicle, twiggie, but if that Rover goes missing...

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #785 on: May 15, 2014, 05:09:03 pm »

Well, apparently I lost a battle, somewhere, somehow.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 26, 2014, 09:52:45 pm »

Isn't it grand?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 27, 2014, 12:42:53 pm »

I wonder when the next turn will come around.

Better check its not waiting on me :p

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 28, 2014, 02:18:48 pm »

Morgan Industries, The Landing Memorial Dome

Morgan stands at the microphone, an imposing figure in his immaculate suit. Behind him, scenes of gargantuan explosions and torn metal sinking into the sea play on a gigantic 3DVisionTM screen.

The roar of applause fills the building, rising to a crescendo as the recording fades out to show the Morgan ternion. Morgan steps forward.

Good afternoon. What you see behind me has been the first real action in the war declared by the Imperialist Believers.

They seek to take our land. They seek to take our wealth. They seek to take our Freedom from us! But WE WILL BROOK NO AGGRESSION!

- a fire flashes in his eyes -

These filthy 'Believers' would have us bend and kneel before them! They would have us cast out of our homes and into the dirt!

But our troops are seasoned. And they are clearly more than a match for these fools. Perhaps they thought their god would help them! Pah! I say we will make them pay. Pay for their threat on our sovereignty.

Let this be a message to those nations who would retain their own freedom. Sister Miriam is weak and ripe for invasion. Any Nation taking Believer cities will be rewarded! Though they may breed like rabbits, they are no match for a modern military!

We will have justice!

- Morgan turns and strides away -

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 28, 2014, 02:20:11 pm »

11 units destroyed. One lost.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 28, 2014, 03:40:25 pm »

"Brother."

"Sister."

"Make your report, Brother."

"The Storm still disrupts our communication. Reports indicate the carriers full of eager colonists and their defenders were destroyed by advanced weaponry - it wasn't mindworm attacks, Sister Kiera, not this time."

"How many were lost?"

"2 defensive cruisers, both transports, three-"

"Don't bore me with the details of hardware, Brother. How many people did we lose?"

"We're guessing that at least 10,000 lives were lost, Sister."

"And do we know who did it?"

"They appear to have brought down one of the attackers before they were destroyed, Sister. It is... as you feared. An unprovoked attack by the madmen that serve the tyrant Twiggie."

"For him, I am guessing this was a mere economic calculation - that unclaimed land is clearly something he sees profit in, and what cost is it to him when the price to hold it is paid in Believer lives? But this unprovoked aggression cannot go unanswered. When we lost contact with our men exploring the jungle, I was willing to give him the benefit of a doubt. Perhaps it was truly just the wildlife? But no - there are no more excuses for this behaviour.

From this point forward, we are at war. We are at war with an aggressive, unscrupulous, unstable individual. We will liberate his people, and free them from the shackles of bondage - we will free them from their slavery to Twiggie's greed, to his corporate slave-drivers. We will liberate them, and in the process we will insure our own security from this vicious madman.

Let the bell's ring, and spread the word among our flock. The devil has made his move, and we must act."

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 28, 2014, 04:55:25 pm »

Let it be noted by all that the Believers started this war in stark opposition to simple trade between neighbouring peoples, and are paying the price for their actions. Let all who would punish such threats rise up and fight with the Morganites!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 28, 2014, 07:09:28 pm »

You attacked my units on Rainforest island, and now in the ocean, for no other purpose than that you could. I haven't taken a single action against you. I have yet to take a single aggressive action against you, and yet you boast about destroying 11 of my units.

How dare you try to turn this around and declare it, somehow, aggression on my part.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 29, 2014, 02:48:23 am »

If you did not wish to pursue vendetta against the morganites, then one might think you would not declare vendetta against the morganites.

I daresay anything else would be the actions of a madman, fit to rule nothing but their own padded cell.

And  do not speak to me of lack of aggression when you send units equipped with nerve gas to my borders. Your despicable actions will be the death of you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 01, 2014, 10:00:28 pm »

To war, then!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54