Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47

Author Topic: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty  (Read 45276 times)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 07:35:48 pm »

I'm on the east side of the continent.  Where are you guys situated?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 11:17:03 pm »

We three are on the coast just north of the central mountains... Satitho, Sislanau, and Ysubrook.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 12:06:29 am »

We three are on the coast just north of the central mountains... Satitho, Sislanau, and Ysubrook.
I picked up a medium village, Dijeunquin, but... don't really want it.  Was just seeing if I can spawn another character elsewhere. Willing to grant control of it to someone else, once that works.

Really, I wonder how starvation and population growth/decline is going to work... 
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 12:30:43 am »

I think I'll make another character and join you guys!  What should we call our realm? And who will lead us?

EDIT: By the way, I'll take that village off your hands :P  And I'd be willing to swear fealty to you.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:33:10 am by Brotato »
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 03:17:14 am »

I suppose there is no way of searching for settlements? I'm trying to find the settlements mentioned in the thread but haven't found them yet.

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 03:18:37 am »

EDIT: oops, double post.

Anyway, I found you guys. I started in Dimetor and I have no idea what I'm doing.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 03:20:36 am by Brons »

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 09:14:39 am »

EDIT: oops, double post.

Anyway, I found you guys. I started in Dimetor and I have no idea what I'm doing.

You can figure out most things by reading the forum; but first what you're going to want to do is select 'take control' and then hit the confirm option.  After that select 'train militia' and get 5 or so peasants set up so no one can take it from you.  You can then choose to hire some scouts, get a few people working on roads to another village, or get a building or two going.  Just be careful not to set up too many of your people working on it, because you need most of them to produce food.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 09:22:18 am »

Apparently, a turn ran. I just claimed Cachrabrook, and my rename of my first town to Simmonia has completed.

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 09:27:17 am »

I recruited a few soldiers but they disappeared after the turn ran.

So basically the strategy you should employ in this game is making 500 characters and claiming 500 settlements at the start of the game, right?

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 10:29:12 am »

I recruited a few soldiers but they disappeared after the turn ran.

So basically the strategy you should employ in this game is making 500 characters and claiming 500 settlements at the start of the game, right?

Well, my first attempt at that saw my future characters all stuck in the same town as my first one.
Tom originally had character limits in Battlemaster... I don't know what his plans are here yet.

Also, "strategy" is a bit of a tough word in the game Tom is trying to build. It's more about roleplay and building a player-driven world than "I've got the most stuffs".

If you want to have to handle the daily grind of managing 500 villages, sure, go for it! The good news is, as you lose interest in that grind, there'll be lots of people with lots of characters ready to take those villages from you. :-)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2013, 10:43:23 am »

Mind you it is still in the Alpha, a lot of things are still not in.
Tom is posting updates in the forum.

The militia/soldiers were manually wiped and the next turn change will also be manually done.

And he has weighed in on the character limits:
Quote from: Tom
Trust me that I've thought about it.

It is a bit of an experiment, and I am willing to change it if it turns out to be a problem, but right now I am not listening to hypothetical "what if". Here's the only "what if" that I enjoy a lot:

http://what-if.xkcd.com/

I have an entire section on botting and scripting and lots of characters in my notes. I have given this thought. I am pretty certain that it won't be a major problem. If I am mistaken, I will change it, but I want real game experience to convince me, not thought experiments.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2013, 11:30:05 am »

I've made a character named "Aldan Simari" and claimed the village "Efahar".

Now i'm wondering, how long is an in-game day? Because i need 45 days for the dirt roads to finish, and let's be honest, if those are real days, i'll have forgotten about this game by then.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 11:31:40 am by Sirian »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2013, 11:44:01 am »

I think turns/days are intended to be 4 hours?  I am probably wrong cause I don't know where I read that.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2013, 02:26:44 pm »

Seems like we already have a bay12 corner. I'm located in Ysubrook (Amélie Cortobel)

In a fit of "let's see what happens", I ninja'ed your village. I tried to send you a note in the message system, but Tom's new messaging formatting is buggy, apparently. So, hey, I want to play with vassalage, so swear an oath to me so we can test the "grant control" features within the context of a vassalage system. :-)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2013, 07:51:37 pm »

hey, if any of you guys want to create a character on the east side of the continent (I can be more specific if you want me to be) then I' love to have you join my faction.  I've currently only got one other player in it, but I'll be inviting plenty of others to join.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47