Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Acoustic Band: Against The Tide  (Read 1182 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
My Acoustic Band: Against The Tide
« on: February 04, 2013, 04:38:36 pm »

Well hey there B12.

My contribution to the Creative Projects thread is my own Creative Project, my band Against The Tide.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The band consists of me, the vocalist, lyricist, guitarist, pianist, etc. and my friend Jake who is our recording technician, lead guitarist and back-up singer. We're an Acoustic Rock/Experimental Acoustic band from Ontario in Canada.

We've been writing and recording off and on since 2010, but we've really started to get serious about it over the last year. We've released a single recently, and have been recording songs for our upcoming debut album.

We have been told that we sound like Against Me, Neverending White Lights, Eddie Vedder, Anthony Green and The John Butler Trio. Our influences include Rise Against, Alexisonfire, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Against Me, Circa Survive, The John Butler Trio and Pink Floyd.

So, if it sounds interesting to you, check us out, we're on a bunch of different sites:

Soundcloud

Reverbnation

The Youtubes

Bandcamp

and many more, (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Lastfm, all that fun stuff) most of which you can get to from those sites.

So check us out if you want, and let me know what you think, and if you like us, follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook, we appreciate your support! Be friendly, but also honest, one thing with being a small indie band is that it's hard to get a lot of good feedback, so that's why i'm coming here, to the best indie community out there. And if you guys like it, I'll upload fun stuff such as lyrics, song ideas/musings and links to new stuff we're doing!

Thanks B12  :)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 01:41:51 pm by Glloyd »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: My Acoustic Band: Against The Tide
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 05:23:39 pm »

Saving this spot just in case. Who knows.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 03:12:08 pm by Glloyd »