Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Bright Void - Universe Building Thread  (Read 5106 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bright Void - Universe Building Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 12:35:08 am »

The known universe would be around 3k systems to 5k at most. As for whether I will make this universe into a game, its possible I might one day but for now its just gonna be lore, and the RTD I'm running based in it.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 12:42:07 am »

Okay then :D I think most of my thoughts on the subject would be sorta useless unless/until you want it moved into non RTD gamespace heh.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 10:20:10 pm »

Added a section on drone fighters in the common technology post, going to be finishing up the Fall of Earth and Rise of Mankind lore this weekend along with the basic lore for marauders, Deep Space, and Uncharted Space.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 06:12:14 pm »

Deep/Uncharted Space

Deep Space
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Marauders

Scavengers
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:56:24 pm by adwarf »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 01:33:40 am »

Important Locations of the Outer Rim

Worlds
Valgon IV

Fortresses
Clockworks
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:43:44 pm by adwarf »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2013, 11:23:53 pm »

Status Update
Sorry I haven't updated this in a while, real life has gotten rather hectic with ACT stuff going on for me, but since its my break I've gotten a chance to do a bit of work. Right now I'm sort of confusing myself with all the ideas I'm throwing around so I'm having to stop all work on actually developing more lore and work out a to do list (in order of importance) before I write myself into a corner. Before I do that I have a few things I wanna finish up and post in the thread.

The first of those is a few summaries and descriptions I've written up for four of the nations of the universe, sadly only three are near a state I accept so I'll only be posting those before I take a break. Those three nations being the United Mankind, the Batarian Empire, and the Halmar Consortium.

Secondly I have a few things partially done to help flesh out the Common Technology of the Universe. These things being Exo Suits, Power Armor, Communications Technology, Medicine (Only very basic or vague stuff here), and Artificial Intelligence. I'm looking to get those posted sometime tomorrow before my break ends.

Finally before I take a break I'm gonna finish the First Galactic War lore which will cover everything from just after The Fall of Earth Rise of Mankind to around a thousand years after that. It'll cover everything from UM's (United Mankind) first contact to how they became one of the Galactic Empires, though the main part of this lore is it pulls away from the current focus on mankind and the UM. While they are integral part of the universe they aren't as important as to be the sole main focus.

Any who that is all I have for this small update I decided to write. Once I've finished all that I'm a take a break for a month or so to let my creativity chill out a bit so I don't get fully burnt out. For everyone who has followed this thank you, and I hope you continue to follow it as I develop the rest of the universe :)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 02:54:43 pm »

Major Galactic Powers

Galactic Council

Union of Mankind

The Halamar Consortium

Empire of Bataria

Galgar Federation

Minor Galactic Powers

Caligan Systemstate
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:43:02 pm by adwarf »

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2013, 09:29:28 pm »

PTW

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 04:47:38 pm »

And with a decent amount of backlog I have yet to upload in this thread I'll begin posting some more lore and such now, as it stands I've added some more stuff to the Major Galactic Powers, added lore on the first Minor Galactic Power, added Stealth Tech lore, Communications Tech lore, and some of the Starship classes lore. I've got a few more things to post here later like the first race lore section on the Te'eth Ra, and a bit of misc. stuff regarding what systemstates are.

I'm currently working on the major events in the universe, namely the First and Second Galactic Wars, and the later Purification Wars along with a minor lore event which is focused on a particularly harsh suppression of a very short rebellion in the UM called Crenly's Stand. I've been trying to do better about writing more lore so I should have more to start posting here soonish.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 04:51:03 pm »

Races of the Bright Void

Te'eth Ra

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile