Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Blazedcobalt: a story game. Dwarfing available.  (Read 4193 times)

wyldmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Blazedcobalt: a story game. Dwarfing available.
« on: February 04, 2013, 09:38:16 pm »

To skip to the events, head to the bottom of page 2.
Everything before then is from before the starting of the game.

You heard me right!  I'm in need of 6 Dwarves with a deathwish desire to serve their clan.  Recent survey teams have discovered an ideal location, and the King has provided funds for a small group of his subjects to establish a new stronghold in the hostile land.

The first 6 applicants meeting the needed criteria will be accepted.  Any other dwarves interested in risking their lives aiding our brave expedition can sign up further below, and once we have struck into the earth and established a secure location to work from, message will be sent to the mountainhome and you may begin joining us.

1 farmer
1 wood cutter
1 carpenter
1 stone crafter
1 doctor
1 chef

Please attach notice to this board with the name you prefer to be called, and which profession you will be bringing to our doomed proud expedition.
Once all 6 positions have been filled, others can sign up by simply leaving their name.

Letters will be sent to the mountainhome with progress of the stronghold whenever is convenient for me.  Busy busy, and all that.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 09:59:28 pm by wyldmage »

wyldmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Put the original thread in the wrong forum (DF Fort Mode).

Doctor and Stonecrafter have been claimed.  4 slots to go.  Plus one reserved if it has "sword" ('dastot') in his/her name.
Genning world(s) looking for something that intrigues me now.  Definitely won't be an easy embark, but also not impossible.

Also taking votes from conscripted dwarves for the name of the group and/or fortress.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile

I'll take the chef as Mr/Mrs Willsauce depending on gender.

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take the woodcutter, I do like the fresh air.  Name me Joe.  Is this going to be a succession fort or just a story?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I'll be the humble farmer!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

wyldmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take the woodcutter, I do like the fresh air.  Name me Joe.  Is this going to be a succession fort or just a story?

Just a story, although I may post the game save up after a few years.  I won't stop playing it, but would allow others to take a look (and play, should they choose).

Just waiting on a carpenter.

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
  • Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod.
    • View Profile

Carpenterize me.
Play my forum game, The Darkness Below!

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile

Miner me up please

wyldmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, that's all 6 dwarves.  Cheedows, if you'd like, you can get named when the first wave of migrants arrives.
I'm tired now though, and will be heading off to sleep.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to request cross-training in some moodable skill as well. Maybe jewelry or something.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile

Sure, let's hope a migrant wave has a miner.  Thanks, it would be fun if he died as a legendary miner drafted as militia.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile

I'd like to request cross-training in some moodable skill as well. Maybe jewelry or something.

You mean armoring. That's TOTALLY what you meant.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You mean armoring. That's TOTALLY what you meant.
Nope! Jewelry is something I can work at when not farming. Smithing tends to be a full-time commitment :P

wyldmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, might as well post the full info here.  Have the embark ready, site selected.  Dwarves will be my standard approach:
Leader (myself this time):  Persuader+2/Judge of Intent+2/Appraiser+5/Consoler+1
Greenthumb (Sirus):  Grower+5/Herbalist+1/Record Keeper+2/Mechanic+2
Soon-to-be-dead dwarf Wood Cutter (JoeClark77):  Wood Cutter+5/Armor User+2/Axedwarf+3
Builder (Aerie):  Carpenter+5/Weaponsmith+4/Building Designer+1
Crafter (Chaosgear): Mining+3/Stone Crafting+4/Brewer+3
Doctor (Torrasque666):  Mining+2/Wound Dresser+1/Diagnostician+4/Surgeon+1/Bone Doc+1/Suturer+1
Chef (MrWillsauce):  Mining+1/Cook+5/Mason+2/Furnace Operator+2

Myself, MrWillsauce, JoeClark, and Torrasque666 won't have starting mood skills, but that will be taken care of by the first migrant wave hopefully.

World info:
Oram Mamgoz (The World of Dragons) - yikes!
Year 100, in the 2nd age of Myth

5x5 embark zone
Occupying the northern 50% of the zone is a tropical lake:  The Waters of Enjoying.
The Volcano of Spasms lies in the center of the northern edge.  It is magically underwater, and when I start the game, is going to give me FPSdeath FUN until the lake makes a nice obsidian cap.
Along the SW quarter of the map is The Hale Swamp, a tropical freshwater swamp.
Along the SE quarter of the map is The Lucid Plain, a tropical savanna.
A small strip of The Lucid Plain, plus the rest of the zone is calm, while the rest of the plain is an untamed wild.  The entire area is hot.
A stream runs from the south up through The Lucid Plain into The Waters of Enjoying, providing flowing water for our use.  The stream is named "Harshnessscrewed the Basin of Crystals".
Apparently whoever gave the stream such an imposing name didn't bother to name the other things around here.

Initial reports indicate the presence of plenty of metals, flux stone, clay, and soil.  As well as aquifers.  The very SW corner should be aquifer free, though, providing a single location to dig through.

Tomorrow we embark!  Today I am still accepting name ideas for our small group, as well as the fortress.  We depart from the mountainhome ruled by The Mirrors of Pointing.
Going through Legends mode to see some of the cool history of our people.

wyldmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, so our first King, chosen in the year 1, was Likot Relicyawn the Impervious Pears.
However, in the 6th year of his reign, he profaned The Climactic Cathedral in Ballgild, and Aned Princesscalls (*snicker*), The Greater Meteor of Justices cursed him with Were-Bullism.
As the year ended, he fled to The Released Barb, and the following spring was declared an enemy of The Mirrors of Pointing.
Since then, he has been on a rampage, and has killed 56 dwarves, and devoured many animals (153).  And there are many whom he has passed his curse on to.
He has brought great shame on our proud nation.

Our second King, who ascended to the throne in the year 7, was Edem Anvilbranded.  During the year 1, he narrowly escaped in a fight with the minotaur Ngostoz Dentedobscure.  In the year 18, the minotaur returned, yet our second King survived again (although he still had not killed the beast).
The next 60 years of his reign were uneventful though, and in y79, he died of old age.  He left behind 2 sons and 9 daughters.

Edem's successor was Ducim Anvilbristled, his middle daughter.  She was born in the year 25, married in y38, and took the throne in y79.  She is still queen, and things have been relatively uneventful since she took the throne.  She has 10 sons and 3 daughters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4