Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 123604 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 1 - Planning Mode
« Reply #345 on: February 26, 2013, 09:58:19 pm »

Leaf:
No.  Him not receiving a rebel role PM could have been the deciding factor if another thing hadn't already beaten it to being the deciding factor.

Except this is crap.  The role PM issue occurred before his random team, so how could the random team beat it?

Ford:
NQT stuff

Hm.  I suppose you have a point on the cracking bit- if you want to take his word on it, fine.  I don't agree with taking his word on it at all, because I've seen cagey players (WUBA comes to mind) pretty much do the same thing as scum.  NQT does seem to play more on logic than emotion, so it'd be a surprise move from him.

If you want to trust him over it, fine, but don't expect anyone else to do so.

Tiruin:
Trust > why did it drop.

Gut, really.  Leaf's really hard to nail down, and I'm starting to feel like he's manipulating things.

On the rest...I give up. Personally, I can't explain it anymore than anyone else is without just blatantly saying I'm town. I know that I didn't sabotage my own mission (because that would be the stupidest move ever made judging from long term goals and the current logic of that day)

And I'm sure that there was only one spy on that mission. What there is to misunderstand is how to perpetrate who laid back and who sabotaged - real hard to do. One thing is, nobody can be silenced via death or roleflip. No emotions can be seen other than what we say in words, and even that is fallible to formatting.

Holy crap do you sound like JanusTwoFace there.

So you're saying he's "confirmed" scum because there was only one sabotage, and if there were two spies, they would both sabotage?

Who would you pick as a team right now?

NQT:
I care and that's what matters here. I'm staking my reliability as a player in general on this point. It doesn't matter to me whether other people say they care about trustworthiness- I care.

I would expect any clever player to be willing to make a claim like that as scum.  No one holds you accountable outside the game for blatant boldface whopper lies you tell ingame.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 26, 2013, 09:59:09 pm »

The random team beat it because I noticed it first.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 26, 2013, 10:34:23 pm »

I care and that's what matters here. I'm staking my reliability as a player in general on this point. It doesn't matter to me whether other people say they care about trustworthiness- I care.
This kind of statement is exactly why I believe you. If you are lying, then you've got some kind of crazy psychic powers that lets you know exactly what I want to hear.

(So either you're a rebel, or I know someone who has a psychic powers. It's a win-win in my book)

Man theres probably a spy among Nerjin and NQT. I dunno.

If I were you, I would choose:
Ford
Toony
ZU
Toaster/Dariush
I'm leaning Dariush but whatever.

I'm basing this team on that Nerjin, NQT, LS, and Tiruin are scummy.
The problem with taking Dariush is that it doesn't just assume LS is scummy, it assumes he's a spy. There's literally no scenario where he's not a spy where that team could succeed. If you're going to make that assertion, then Tiruin is a far better choice.

ToonyMan: Do you think Nerjin might be faking it? It's hard to see a spy being dejected like that when his team is winning. I'm thinking about nominating him for the fourth position.

...ironically, that's pretty much exactly the team that Tiruin first chose. Damn. I wish we had gone with that team.

Your team won't pass. Not with me on it. Trust me, find a player the others actually trust. All the good intentions in the world won't help if you're team doesn't pass.
Gods, that's scarily close to what I predicted you'd say. You even used the same phrase "all the good intentions in the world".

Ford
Toony2
ZU
Toaster/Dariush

I like this set up except remove Toony and put Toaster and Dariush.

For what it's worth. I just don't trust Toony too much.
Again, the problem with that is that it only works if Leafsnail is a spy. If you're making that assumption, you might as well state it outright.

NQT:

I would expect any clever player to be willing to make a claim like that as scum.  No one holds you accountable outside the game for blatant boldface whopper lies you tell ingame.
That's totally not true. Stuff as petty as this can and has ended relationships and started feuds. People have killed over far less.

I agree that nobody should. But that doesn't mean nobody does.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 26, 2013, 10:40:22 pm »

ToonyMan: Do you think Nerjin might be faking it? It's hard to see a spy being dejected like that when his team is winning. I'm thinking about nominating him for the fourth position.
No, he feels pretty real which is pissing me off, because town shouldn't act like that.

Toony: So do you think Nerjin is a spy or not? Cause you've been dead sure he was early on, then not sure at all now, and pretty sure NQT was scummier earlier.
I'd rather not have either.  NQT hasn't been helpful this entire game and Nerjin is not much better.  I definitely don't want both, since one is likely a spy (I can't say I could pick though, leaning NQT right now).  The reason I'm hesitant with Nerjin is he seems like genuinely hurt town which sucks for me because I have to stand here and go "yeah Nerjin seems completely defeated, he must be town!!"

...ironically, that's pretty much exactly the team that Tiruin first chose. Damn. I wish we had gone with that team.
Your team won't pass. Not with me on it. Trust me, find a player the others actually trust. All the good intentions in the world won't help if you're team doesn't pass.
Cheese and crackers dude, this is so annoying.  I don't attack players to demotivate them into hollow shells, it's to find their reads.  You've spent this entire game being an angsty EVA pilot and it's getting us nowhere.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 26, 2013, 10:43:56 pm »

Cheese and crackers dude, this is so annoying.  I don't attack players to demotivate them into hollow shells, it's to find their reads.  You've spent this entire game being an angsty EVA pilot and it's getting us nowhere.

Everything I've said or done in this game has gotten a bunch of people up onto my case. ESPECIALLY you! Sure I'm acting like a 3 year old about this but I don't really care too much. I don't see any-way for us to win. MAYBE if someone hadn't flipped off the *pineapple* handle when I didn't role-claim because it's a *coconut* null-tell I wouldn't have stopped seeing the use in convincing everyone I'm town and that my reads have any matter.

But that's not the way the world works. I know a lost cause when I see one.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 26, 2013, 10:48:07 pm »

It was pretty likely the rebels would lose the first two missions, this is the one that really matters now, you know?  Because if we can get a team that passes we've literally won.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 26, 2013, 10:48:41 pm »

You've spent this entire game being an angsty EVA pilot and it's getting us nowhere.
L O L

I definitely don't want both, since one is likely a spy (I can't say I could pick though, leaning NQT right now).
Not as true as you might think.

Numerically speaking, they're significantly less likely to be spies than anyone else.

And a combination-based analysis indicates that picking all three of you is no worse than any other choice. I'm tempted to do it, but I'd need all three of you to vote for it and one more besides.

Everything I've said or done in this game has gotten a bunch of people up onto my case. ESPECIALLY you! Sure I'm acting like a 3 year old about this but I don't really care too much. I don't see any-way for us to win. MAYBE if someone hadn't flipped off the *pineapple* handle when I didn't role-claim because it's a *coconut* null-tell I wouldn't have stopped seeing the use in convincing everyone I'm town and that my reads have any matter.

Children, please! We can point the finger later. Right now, let's figure out if we can make a team work or not.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 26, 2013, 10:48:50 pm »

Err, I think the 5th mission we'll have to add one more player, but other than that it's correct.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 26, 2013, 10:50:43 pm »

You know what? You're right. Give me a bit to read through the thread. Being a child helps no one. I just need some time. Extend or whatever is needed.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 26, 2013, 10:52:48 pm »

Somewhere in the distance he hears another building collapse.  How many people were inside that one?  Gotta be at least a hundred.  The phone is ringing.  Where is he?  They need him.  They need him now.

Nerjin continues to stare at the ceiling.  He barely registers as his walkman clicks and resets back to the start of the same track.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 26, 2013, 10:55:46 pm »

That is creepy and completely awesome.

Still have a headache. Ow.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 26, 2013, 10:57:53 pm »

I definitely don't want both, since one is likely a spy (I can't say I could pick though, leaning NQT right now).
Not as true as you might think.
Numerically speaking, they're significantly less likely to be spies than anyone else.
And a combination-based analysis indicates that picking all three of you is no worse than any other choice. I'm tempted to do it, but I'd need all three of you to vote for it and one more besides.
If Leafsnail is a rebel then what he says here means there's either 1 spy or 0 spies within our group of three.  So there is a chance all three of us are rebels which is nice, but it's still just a gamble, especially the trusting LS thing.

If Leafsnail is a spy then it's a complete wash really, two of the remaining eight could be spies, so just finding people who aren't being scummy would be the best option.  And if we're going to assume LS is a spy we can go in the direction of keeping people on his side away (Dariush and ZU, like I said here).

Spoiler: OOG (click to show/hide)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 26, 2013, 11:04:06 pm »

The problem with taking Dariush is that it doesn't just assume LS is scummy, it assumes he's a spy. There's literally no scenario where he's not a spy where that team could succeed. If you're going to make that assertion, then Tiruin is a far better choice.
...what? I'm confused.

Actually that's a good point.
How about...
Ford
Toony
ZU
Toaster

Actually actually... its pretty likely that LS is spy. Its hard to say between LS and Dariush which one is the spy. I'm leaning LS since he's been very quick to change his opinions and his cases have been kinda weak.

our group of three. 
Who's in this group?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 26, 2013, 11:06:44 pm »

Actually actually... its pretty likely that LS is spy. Its hard to say between LS and Dariush which one is the spy. I'm leaning LS since he's been very quick to change his opinions and his cases have been kinda weak.
Can't you choose both?

our group of three. 
Who's in this group?
Me, Nerjin, NQT.  The guys who haven't gone on a mission.  Click my links!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 26, 2013, 11:09:12 pm »

Leaf:
The random team beat it because I noticed it first.

Despite this post?  That's a bit of a stretch.

Ford:
That's totally not true. Stuff as petty as this can and has ended relationships and started feuds. People have killed over far less.

I agree that nobody should. But that doesn't mean nobody does.

I'm talking about Bay12 Mafia subforum here.

Nerjin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_emotion

ZU/Toony:
Actually that's a good point.
How about...
Ford
Toony
ZU
Toaster

I would probably upvote.  Would have to double check on ZU, though.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 67