Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 121610 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 1 - Planning Mode
« Reply #420 on: February 28, 2013, 11:47:32 am »

Err, Dariush obviously.

Have you been following the same reasoning?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 28, 2013, 11:49:05 am »

I still don't follow the question.  Can you put names to both the references?

Or do you mean you're asking Dariush and not me?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 28, 2013, 12:06:47 pm »

I was asking Dariush, putting your quote down just for "as an addition to Toaster's question, I'd like this one answered too..."

Because I'm also interested in that question being answered due to how Dar reasons things out here.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 28, 2013, 12:20:20 pm »

zombie urist:
Yeah I knew that post would fuck me over right as I made it.
Did you mean 'vote' instead of 'post'? If not, what post are you referring to?

My Downvote:
Based on the votes that were stated, the team would have failed if I'd upvoted. However, if there was a spy on the team, all the spy team would need to win was for one of the ones who said they were downvoting to upvote. I kept my downvote secret to prevent a loss in this situation, as well as hoping to catch a spy attempting this.

...and it certainly looks like I did. I want to see what ZU has to say first before I discuss it further.

I was planning to change to an upvote if Nerjin or anyone else changed their mind and I caught it before the votes were tallied (in that situation, I couldn't prevent a spy from putting the team through). I was fine with missing it, though, since I thought the additional time would be valuable.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 28, 2013, 12:23:26 pm »

So you downvoted because you thought the team might have a spy.  But you proposed it anyway, and it could have passed if one more person voted for it.  And you didn't take into account the possibility of multiple spies switching their votes.  Am I reading you right here?

To recap, my current bet on the scumteam is ZU, Tiruin and Nerjin and I'll downvote any team with either of them.
Can people please post their suspicions in the thread like this?  Thanks.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 28, 2013, 12:34:48 pm »

My Downvote:
Based on the votes that were stated, the team would have failed if I'd upvoted. However, if there was a spy on the team, all the spy team would need to win was for one of the ones who said they were downvoting to upvote. I kept my downvote secret to prevent a loss in this situation, as well as hoping to catch a spy attempting this.

...and it certainly looks like I did. I want to see what ZU has to say first before I discuss it further.
Wait.

So your first sentence says "based on the votes that were stated" - meaning what everyone else said. So you downvoted because you perceived its failure...for some reason. Then you put a possibility of a spy being on the team-

Ooohhh, now I get what you're trying to say. So you were awaiting a shift of "YES LET'S SCREW THIS MISSION" and determining it by what everyone said, downvoting your own team to catch an opportunistic spy, aye?

Query:
Yeah I knew that post would fuck me over right as I made it. I'll get a better post + answers to Tiruin hopefully by tomorrow, since I anticipate today being really busy.
He did say post. Meaning him saying no, I guess. He knew it would trip him up somehow.

ZU: Y?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 28, 2013, 12:38:12 pm »

ZU:
There's no way I'm voting up a team with both Nerjin and NQT.

Up
zombie urist

My Downvote:

I was planning to change to an upvote if Nerjin or anyone else changed their mind and I caught it before the votes were tallied (in that situation, I couldn't prevent a spy from putting the team through). I was fine with missing it, though, since I thought the additional time would be valuable.

In the future don't propose teams with spies in it on purpose.

Teams with Captain Ford or Zombie Urist will get no up-votes from me. Nor Leafsnail because he's been on both failing missions.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 28, 2013, 12:48:36 pm »

Dariush:  Why do you think Scum Nerjin would downvote a team he was on?
A counter-question: why would town Nerjin downvote a crucial to the rebels team he was on? (to actually answer that: I don't know. It doesn't make sense regardless of his alignment)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 28, 2013, 12:51:36 pm »

It makes sense to downvote a team you're on if you think someone else on it is a spy.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 28, 2013, 12:57:44 pm »

Hm, you're right. I derped for a bit there.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 28, 2013, 01:03:34 pm »

So... is this basically proof that Nerjin isn't a spy?  If he were a spy he could've just won with basically no risk.  Captain Ford's plan seems stupid but the same logic applies to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 28, 2013, 01:10:05 pm »

Wow that was cool.  I have to agree that ZU is most likely a spy while Nerjin and Ford are a lot more town.

My current scum team would be ZU, Tiruin, and NQT.  (My previous team from yesterday was ZU, Dariush, Leafsnail)

If I had to recommend a team to you, Leafsnail, it would be:

Captain Ford
ToonyMan
Nerjin
...Leafsnail?  I'm slightly hesitant still.  But definitely not Tiruin.  Dariush might work.  Definitely not NQT or ZU.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 28, 2013, 01:16:15 pm »

So... is this basically proof that Nerjin isn't a spy?  If he were a spy he could've just won with basically no risk.  Captain Ford's plan seems stupid but the same logic applies to him.
Uh, no. It is completely possible that scum-Nerjin didn't want to risk upvoting a team a town-Nerjin would have downvoted (like ZU did) and thus prolong the game for a day while safeguarding himself with WIFOM.

Wow that was cool.  I have to agree that ZU is most likely a spy while Nerjin and Ford are a lot more town.

My current scum team would be ZU, Tiruin, and NQT.  (My previous team from yesterday was ZU, Dariush, Leafsnail)

If I had to recommend a team to you, Leafsnail, it would be:

Captain Ford
ToonyMan
Nerjin
...Leafsnail?  I'm slightly hesitant still.  But definitely not Tiruin.  Dariush might work.  Definitely not NQT or ZU.
I just love your posts, Toony. Someone should collect all of them and put them in a book called something like 'Ravings of a Deranged Lunatic: The Mental Collapse of Andrew Smith, also known as ToonyMan'.

Ahem, I lost myself for a while there. What I meant was, why the sudden switch to NQT and Tiruin? (and from me and LS, for that matter)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 28, 2013, 01:40:17 pm »

It goes two ways:

If Leafsnail is a rebel the scum team is ZU, Tiruin, NQT.

If Leafsnail is a spy the scum team is ZU, Dariush, Leafsnail.

What I'm getting at here is it's less a sudden switch and more which side am I choosing.  And from this newest proposed team I feel more confident in my decision.

Also you shouldn't admit to not reading the thread.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 28, 2013, 01:44:31 pm »

One thing I really like about a ZU, Tiruin, NQT scum team is that it would put exactly one spy in each team that has went, and guess how many sabotages each mission has had so far?  One.  This goes along with my reasoning that spies will always try to sabotage and not lay-low, since putting out the BIG PLAN in the day before the game starts is really doubtful in my eyes.  I mean that would make the original team ZU, Tiruin, NQT, and Deathsword.  Do you think those guys would have made a plan sheet?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 67