Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 123733 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 1 - Planning Mode
« Reply #480 on: March 01, 2013, 09:55:22 pm »

Gonna ponder this, but do note I will be voting tonight, because...

V/LA:  I will be PFP starting tomorrow until Sunday night.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 01, 2013, 11:21:58 pm »

Okay.  I'm going to Vote Up.

I have reservations about Leafsnail, but at the end of the day I think my suspicion of Tiruin is more concrete.  The scenario of them both scum seems odd and unlikely, so I'm going to take the leap to trust him.  From there, most of his picks logically follow.

I know I'm town, and I trust Dariush.  Ford is probably town, thanks to his vote shenanigans.  Nerjin I think is just playing a weak game instead of a scummy game, and I can see his townhood being possible.  As such, I'm sending in an up vote.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 02, 2013, 12:18:34 am »

I can't put the stamp down on that though, since Dariush is right that spies could just laylow with a plan schemed beforehand.
I thought you said you thought spies weren't capable of such a thing.

I need five of the six town votes to pass it.
If you were town, you would only need 4 out of 5 to pass it.  :P

Yeah I can't propose a team compatible with this either.  Why is Toaster even on your list?
Is Toaster your spy buddy?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 02, 2013, 03:24:55 am »

Nope, gonna downvote. I'm still going with my previous case. (case as in 'in case of' and not as in 'case against') It may be wrong, I won't disagree. But in my eyes the probability of it being wrong is slightly lower.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 02, 2013, 08:38:27 am »

If you were town, you would only need 4 out of 5 to pass it.  :P
I count as 1

No.  I said that because Dariush is listing 4 people as scum in a 3 scum game, and he doesn't seem to actually have any arguments against Toaster.  Especially since he's previously had a strong scumread on Tiruin that he's forgotten about (which would preclude Toaster from being scum, according to his own logic).

I therefore hope he reconsiders since all his allowable teams would have to contain NQT or ZU.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 02, 2013, 08:42:48 am »

I'll have to downvote.

I have reservations about Leafsnail, but at the end of the day I think my suspicion of Tiruin is more concrete.  The scenario of them both scum seems odd and unlikely, so I'm going to take the leap to trust him.  From there, most of his picks logically follow.

I know I'm town, and I trust Dariush.
Alright, both of you. At least hear me out - there was one spy on mission one. Any more than that would lead to rampant confusion. If I was scum, I wouldn't include a buddy in any team I pick (despite my post about 'what-I-would-do-as-scum', any reason added to that line of logic would still be invalid and tiresome to ponder on), or if without me, the least suspicious person. Why do you and LS keep on citing the "I know myself" ploy?

Also, for all reasons henceforth, let's assume I'll never be picked in a team just to clarify the matter. Currently, I'm at a loss to see how any kind of argument I'd make will forward myself at all, against 3 other people.

Anyway, back to the topic.

Captain Ford
Nerjin
Toaster
Dariush

The last one is the reason I'm downvoting. If, and only because of his attitude. See, if he was town  despite what others say, he wouldn't normally be egging on other people by poking at them with a pointy stick (ie: insults over the normal standard) - without giving them a chance to speak up or lay down a question for them to chew on. While the results of the mission with LS may seem as reasons against this belief (one over the other and all that - ), this either says there was someone lying low (not the case given that he'd be outing himself and LS, mostly hard to explain too) or LS is actually innocent, and Toaster is a spy - hard to explain too, given how both players have some sort of nebulous case on me, but anyway...*cut to below paragraph.

Actually, re-reading all that, I'm upvoting this. Most of my read on Dariush is based on him being an ---, and I recalled part of what I learned in the early mafias I played in. Just to note, his attitude was the primary factor of me stating the above and not deleting it just so it can be heard. Still, intuition rings scum on him.

Nerjin & Ford - Town as far as I'm concerned, and I'm still mostly confident on my read on LS (yeah, sure I've done some mistakes with how I made it but your first reaction to the 1st mission sabotage is the prime reason I'm seeing you as scum. No, you didn't explain it afterwards or explain it into a reaction post, but left it there.)

PPE: LS

No.  I said that because Dariush is listing 4 people as scum in a 3 scum game, and he doesn't seem to actually have any arguments against Toaster.  Especially since he's previously had a strong scumread on Tiruin that he's forgotten about (which would preclude Toaster from being scum, according to his own logic).

I therefore hope he reconsiders since all his allowable teams would have to contain NQT or ZU.
If Toaster was LS's buddy, that would be really hard to follow given how they posted before the mission finished - I detect nothing in the way of subtle signaling of a lie low from either one of them.

Also, forgotten? How do you see that?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 02, 2013, 10:15:48 am »

Tiruin, if you somehow happen to be town after all this scummy shit you've pulled off, I'll just... I don't even know. I'll just hope the shame of failing so hard on multiple levels of existence will cause you to leave this board forever like Darvi did.
But he still splits his idea of who's scum between Tiruin and Toaster for some reason (also there must have been two spies on the first mission because???)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 02, 2013, 01:33:39 pm »

Captain Ford
Nerjin
Toaster
Dariush

I am up-voting, again.  I can't see any problem with this except that Leafsnail didn't include himself, which if anything will be the damning evidence against us if this doesn't pass still, but moving on, I am fairly confident I am not being led by the nose!  I don't want to have to down-vote the next two teams anyway, and then Toaster would get auto-selection (even if I don't doubt him it still feels off).

@ZU:
(Do I even need to respond to you anymore?  I know you're a spy...)
I can't put the stamp down on that though, since Dariush is right that spies could just laylow with a plan schemed beforehand.
I thought you said you thought spies weren't capable of such a thing.
It would be a bit foolish to adamantly deny a possibility.  If I said it before then you can link where I said that so I can apologize, please.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 02, 2013, 08:01:14 pm »

If NQT hadn't fallen off the face of the earth, I wouldn't be considering this as much as I am.

Not that many people have posted their opinions about this one.

I will say that I'm giving more consideration to the possibilities.

Blegh! My brain just said, "hey, what if Toaster, Tiruin and Leafsnail are all spies?" I wouldn't put that kind of BS past Tiruin, and if he did it, LS and Toaster would be able to keep a straight face.

...I think that's way too insane. Plus ZU is still ... something. I dunno what. He definitely screwed himself. But from where I stand, I can't tell if he's a rebel or a spy.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 02, 2013, 08:33:28 pm »

(Just perennial computer issues here: I'm reading the threads, but it's a real hassle to post anything in depth on my phone.)

I'm not sure if it's gut feels (and whether those feels are misplaced) or just the fact he was on two failing teams in a row but I find LS too inherently suspicious to vote any of his teams. I wanted to hold off saying so in case the knowledge of my vote sways anyone else's vote (thereby giving us less info), but now I think it might be more important to the rebels to know I haven't disappeared for good.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 02, 2013, 08:51:13 pm »

I wanted to hold off saying so in case the knowledge of my vote sways anyone else's vote (thereby giving us less info), but now I think it might be more important to the rebels to know I haven't disappeared for good.
Bullshit.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 02, 2013, 10:21:33 pm »

I wanted to hold off saying so in case the knowledge of my vote sways anyone else's vote (thereby giving us less info), but now I think it might be more important to the rebels to know I haven't disappeared for good.
Are you for real?

You're lurking. On purpose. Do I have to say any more than that?

Well, riddle me this, NQT. Based upon the things we've both said recently, and your current difficulty in posting, I've got a feeling that you'll pretty much put up whatever team I tell you to. Is that about right?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 03, 2013, 04:28:23 am »

Blegh! My brain just said, "hey, what if Toaster, Tiruin and Leafsnail are all spies?" I wouldn't put that kind of BS past Tiruin, and if he did it, LS and Toaster would be able to keep a straight face.

...I think that's way too insane. Plus ZU is still ... something. I dunno what. He definitely screwed himself. But from where I stand, I can't tell if he's a rebel or a spy.
*Tiruin facepalms.

Look, if there's one thing I'd want you to believe me is that there was one spy in my darn team.

I'm not sure if it's gut feels (and whether those feels are misplaced) or just the fact he was on two failing teams in a row but I find LS too inherently suspicious to vote any of his teams. I wanted to hold off saying so in case the knowledge of my vote sways anyone else's vote (thereby giving us less info), but now I think it might be more important to the rebels to know I haven't disappeared for good.
:/

Explain how will your vote, or saying of such, affect others' decisions.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 03, 2013, 08:07:52 am »

Look, if there's one thing I'd want you to believe me is that there was one spy in my darn team.
I believe you!

Also NQT is pulling literally exactly the same shit as he did last time.  Notice his lack of any solid reads or statement of vote direction, allowing him to upvote any team with spies in and downvote any team without spies in without attracting attention.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 03, 2013, 10:16:38 am »

Still waiting on 3 votes.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 67