Poll

Screw it?

Yes!
- 0 (0%)
Sure!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: [StNPO-3] CharcoalSyrup, Year 4. Way too much turns skipped!  (Read 14256 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
[StNPO-3] CharcoalSyrup, Year 4. Way too much turns skipped!
« on: February 05, 2013, 01:50:50 am »

Hell, since previous thread was long dead, let's start another one!

Some of official letters:
The Rules:
Each player is to create a trap or obstruction to "screw the next player over"
 - Your trap may NOT deliberately destroy the fortress.
   ~ Obviously, the damage dealt by traps will eventually lead to the downfall of the fortress, but your individual trap
       must be one that the other players can recover from.
   ~ Examples of acceptable traps: Flooding the food stockpile; letting a titan or siege loose in the fortress.
   ~ Examples of unacceptable traps: Collapsing the entire fortress; Executing every dwarf; Lava flooding the WHOLE fortress
   ~ There's a very fine line between what traps are severely damaging, and what traps are game ending.  Use your best judgment
       as to where that line lies.
   ~ Your trap may NOT involve editing the raws or otherwise modifying the game.
   ~ FPS traps are allowed but discouraged since they tend to make the game less fun in the long run. 

- You must set the next player in line a challenge.
   ~ Make the challenges difficult, but possible.  For instance, don't make the challenge "make 10 chairs", and also don't make it
       "build a 90 z-level adamantine tower", the purpose is to give the next player something to do and to avoid any "slow turns".  If
       the challenge is too easy or impossible it won't be entertaining.  You must draw the line of what's doable and what isn't.
   ~ You must issue a reward should the challenge be completed in time.  The reward can be anything, be creative!
   ~ You must also issue a punishment should the challenge be failed.  Once again, be creative!
   ~ Your may NOT counter-act a challenge/reward/punishment set by another player.
       For instance, if player A is rewarded with a ceremonial burial chamber, you may not take it away.
   ~ Only the player that ISSUED a punishment may reverse it.  If the punishment is that a specific dwarf is exiled, he may only
       return to the fortress if the person that exiled him allows it.  You may also offer rewards that undo punishments set by
       yourself.
   ~ Rewards and punishments are carried out by next player(s) in line.
   ~ Please do not feel pressured to carry out a punishment or reward.  Punishments are carried out by the community as a whole,
       so if you don't have the time to carry out a punishment or reward, just say so, so that future overseers can finish it up for
       you.

- You may not destroy the mega construction of another player (unless you are given permission by the
    player that constructed it) or take away the possessions of another player.

- You may not change the Custom Name or Title of another player's dorf you may only change that of
    unclaimed dorfs, and of course your own dorf.
   ~ The exception to this rule is to change the "Overseer" title to "Former Overseer".

- Post frequently!!! I really can't stress this enough.  Even if you simply post to say you can't
    update!
Just give us a sign of life so we know you haven't forgotten that it is your turn.
   ~ You have a window of approximately 1 week between the end of the previous player and your first post.  If you fail to post in
       that week YOUR TURN WILL BE SKIPPED!
   ~ If you know in advance that you will not be able to meet the once a week quote, please notify me so we can discuss your
       turns postponing, or the expansion of your posting quota.

- Include deaths and dorfings in your updates This isn't so much a rule as a request. It'll make it a lot
    easier to keep track of who's dworf is doing what, as well as who needs re-dorfing if you could post what's happening to
    individual dorfs in your updates.  It doesn't even have to be in character, a simple list at the end of an update will do!

The Dorfs:
Color-code:
Alive Zombie Dead Ghost Status Unknown Non-canon Dorf In need of Dorfing
Active Punishment / Reward Inactive / Expired Punishment / Reward

Owner: Dorf Name ant title: Dorf Skills and Requirements: Dorf State, Achievements, Punishment, Reward, etc.:
peregarrettPeregarMechanic/ArchitectKilled by swarm of antmen, raised as a ghost
Peregar IIHunter
tomio175TomioExpedition leaderReward: Gets a shelter full of supplies for whole his family.
MrWillsauceMrs WillsauceLegendary miner
werty892WertyMilitia captainKilled during zombie invasion. Entombed
Werty II
BFELBFEL
ScruffyScruffymilitia dorfKilled by goblin zombie, entombed
chaosgearchaosgearHunter, when it's safe
Punishments and Rewards are applied to the player, not the dorf.

Turn list:
Color-code:
Waiting Finished In progress Skipped Non-canon spin-off
  • peregarrett: Turn 1 (save)
  • tomio175 : Save
  • MrWillsauce
  • werty892
  • BFEL
  • melkor: Save
  • MiceMiceMice
  • Lightningfalcon
  • Scruffy
  • chaosgear
  • vyznev
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:34:16 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO-3 - Pre-embark stage!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 01:51:10 am »

Challenges:
To tomio175:
You should finish the Temple (north from main hall) and fill it with golden statues of proper deities.
The reward is your own shelter full of supplies for whole your dorf's family.
The punishment is that your dorf is sent living with kobolds, in a wooden hut.
- Fulfilled!

To MrWillsauce werty892 melkor:
Challenge:
Choose: Make a new temple deeper underground, with at least one altar, one shrine, several pillars keeping it up, a room for the "priest" to live, and six NEW statues out of pure gold.
OR
Pave our current temple with gold.

Reward: A family tomb, complete with random thingies you'll need in the afterlife (Out of copper, 1 weapon rack and armor stand for military member, a statue and a cabinet out of copper for non-military members)

Punishment: You will be put on Goblin Hunting Squad, wearing leather armor and training weapons. You are exiled from the fortress until you are A) Dead or B) emerge victorious against three invaders without external help.
-Failed!

To MiceMiceMice:
Make a squad of at least 7 dwarf who have full armor and weapons with a quality of at least copper.
Or
Build a tower from which to shoot at the undead and make a squad of
at least 7 crossbow dwarfs, the crossbows need to be at least:
masterful quality.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:46:36 am by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 01:55:44 am »

So,
First question to discuss - should we use old world or generate brand new one?

Second - set the requirements of embark location. My suggestions:
- NOT Evil biome. Last time it was a disaster
- Water
- At least one weapon-grade ore
- Preferrable the volcano
- A Tower nearby. For more ‼FUN‼

EDIT: Old world has no towers. I am disappointed.
But I found two nice places with brook, cliffs and a shitload of valuable ores!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:46:23 pm by peregarrett »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 01:46:26 pm »

Well, I found 5 nice places at old world and 5 6! at new generated one.
Spoiler: Old World (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New World (click to show/hide)

Choose, vote, join!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:52:10 pm by peregarrett »

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StNPO-3 - Pre-embark stage! Vote for the location!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 03:30:36 pm »

Dorf me as Tomio. I'll take the Expedition leader, if possible (to be dwarfed/if the position isn't automatically taken).
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 04:25:08 pm »

Hell yes, I love StNPO. I'll take the third turn and I'd like to be dwarf as some sort of metalworker if possible. If not, whoever. Name them Mr or Mrs Willsauce depending on gender. As for the site, I vote for site1 on the new world. I can't resist platinum, and the steel ingredients are a huge plus as well. That place does have neighbors, right?

E: I didn't see the poll. I have now voted.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:28:37 pm by MrWillsauce »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 05:09:36 pm »

I'll take a turn, and not fuck up horribly (With any luck, And screwEVERYONE OVER HORRIBLY MU HA HA AHA HA AHA AHA HA people over) Make me a dwarf, By the name Of Werty, and I'll be the military captain.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 05:10:46 pm »

Set me up for turn five (damn ninja werty), and I voted on the Singed Golden Spine. Because having little to defend yourself with is always fun....actually there were places with NOTHING to defend with....but I dont want another Axerings...that place was bad enough :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 05:12:47 pm »

Set me up for turn five (damn ninja werty), and I voted on the Singed Golden Spine. Because having little to defend yourself with is always fun....actually there were places with NOTHING to defend with....but I dont want another Axerings...that place was bad enough :P
You should have just voted for a site with military-grade metals, then mined it completely bare of those ores and atom-smashed them as your trap.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 05:15:05 pm »

You should have just voted for a site with military-grade metals, then mined it completely bare of those ores and atom-smashed them as your trap.

I voted for the Snarling beak, because its a mixture of !!AWESOME!! And oooooohhhhhhhh shit we have really fucked ourselves over this time.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:17:41 pm by werty892 »

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 05:19:17 pm »

I voted for the Sarled beak, because its a mixture of !!AWESOME!! And oooooohhhhhhhh shit we have really fucked ourselves over this time.
How have we fucked ourselves by picking that site? It's the most benign one of the choices, with no evil land or necro towers. Also it has abundant metal with which to make an unbreakable defense (if someone decides to be an elf and use traps, but even if they don't steel-clad axelords will serve us well). The only negative aspect is the glacial surroundings, but that really isn't a big deal. At all.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 10:06:31 pm »

Because dwarf. Also, all races mean plenty of things to kill.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 11:22:36 pm »

Actually, every place has access to all races, except Ring-Field of Listening where goblins only. Towers come in addition to those races.

So, now it's 2 voices for frozen Clondike and 1 for three others. Let's wait for one more day to see how it goes. Also, I haven't voted yet, I just can't choose!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 12:14:56 am »

Actually I kinda like the Clondike map too....looking back I just picked the gold thing because it has an awesome name :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 01:57:23 am »

Turn list and dorf list were updated. Please check your requests.
Also, winner is likely The Snarling Beak. Riches, but no undeads invasions :(
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11