Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Pik-Pik Fortress Version 1.1  (Read 18207 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Pik-Pik Fortress Version 1.1
« on: February 05, 2013, 05:25:20 pm »

Pik-Pik Fortress

Pik-Pik fortress has been on hiatus due to medical issues and college work, but I'm finally back! Pik-Pik is officially off of hiatus!

Features:
- Pikmin! Control a fortress of you're very own pikmin force! Includes all the basic types of pikmin (Red, blue, yellow, white, and purple), each with different stats and resistances!
- Enemy Dweevil forces that pose serious risks to your pikmin swarm! All colors included!! (Minus Titan, he's been posing issues).
- A wide (Yet still developing) bestiary of all of you're favorite enemies from both of the pikmin games!
- Huge megabeasts that have realistic (i.e. to the pikmin games themselves) deadliness! No single pikmin is going to take down one of these beasties! All of them are to scale (So ridiculously big!!)
- Flora that matches the pikmin world! Crops and other flavor plants are still under development, but have enough to be playable.
- And more!

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7376
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:57:22 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Pik-Pik Fortress Beta (Off of hiatus)!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 06:47:36 pm »

Woohoo!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 02:33:39 am »

PTW

Oh and you might want to fix your download link.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 04:56:02 pm »

Download link fixed  :-[

Version 1.1
-Added in the Titan Dweevil (Although it still isn't behaving properly)
-Also added in the Pileated Snagret.
-Changed the entity files for dweevils to make them more diverse and hopefully start sparking wars, but alas, they refuse to fight pikmin and eachother as they should.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Pik-Pik Fortress Version 1.1
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 05:08:17 pm »

How do I pikmin?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

CrzyMonkeyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • He strikes from above...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 10:37:40 pm »

YES!!! YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!! You, sir, just made my day.
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 12:01:10 am »

How do I pikmin?

You download the link at the top and either play with it being pikmin exclusive or splice it into vanilla or mods. Either way the mod adds definite flavor to the game experience. Not vanilla, not chocolate, not strawberry, but carrot dwarf fortress. Pik-pik fortress.

Poldon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 04:46:51 pm »

Well done on a very impressive job, and I think you'll continue to impress!

I have begun to play, and while I saw that you recombined some early nobility roles, I do not know what the "reaper" position might be for. Perhaps I have just missed an explanation, but what does this position do? Is it a replacement for the hammerer or something similar?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 08:50:41 pm »

Yeah, I figured that a reaper (as scythes are traditionally used to harvest plants) would be appropriate. I mixed the nobility positions up a bit to make the pikmin civilization feel unique in itself. They were mostly superficial, except I combined book keeper, trader, and some other similar position (basically the three office worker positions) into one and then made it so you could have three of them per fort. Somewhere along the line I decided Pikmin dislike bureaucracy.

Shininglight

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi There
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 10:47:30 pm »

Do you have it for mac? Or the time to make it?
tl;dr: My fortress is literally powered by puppy skulls.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 10:58:42 pm »

Do you have it for mac? Or the time to make it?

It should work for mac without need for change.

Shininglight

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi There
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 11:08:08 pm »

I just tried it by copying over the raws. Into my df osx folder. It seems to work, but only time will tell.
tl;dr: My fortress is literally powered by puppy skulls.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 12:15:44 am »

I'm not really sure what the differences between windows and Mac versions, but if you copy raws it should be just fine.

Poldon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 01:40:20 pm »

Yeah, I figured that a reaper (as scythes are traditionally used to harvest plants) would be appropriate. I mixed the nobility positions up a bit to make the pikmin civilization feel unique in itself. They were mostly superficial, except I combined book keeper, trader, and some other similar position (basically the three office worker positions) into one and then made it so you could have three of them per fort. Somewhere along the line I decided Pikmin dislike bureaucracy.

Alright, that definitely crossed my mind and it makes sense to me.

However, I had a problem with my first fort where the Pikmin refuse to eat anything, and once hungry stopped working.

I looked at the raws, and noticed that you set them to hunt vermin. Curious as to whether this caused them not to eat normal food, I removed that tag, and they've been working fine since.

My second fort I decided to attempt to build above ground. At one point I bum-rushed a dwarf orange bulborb, and good gosh it felt good to do so, even with a few Pikmin body parts flying around.
Later a Puffy Blowhog showed up and ruined my day as I had only one blowgunner and he was slammed into a tree almost right away, allowing it to go on a rampage and (slowly) kill all but two, who went insane.

Between the Yellow Wollywogs, Unmarked Spectralids, various dwarf bulbob groups and the occasional firey or puffy blowhog, this mod does a really, really good job at feeling like the Pikmin environment. The trees you've said you're working on, so that should be even better, although when it comes to base mechanics and what to build, I'm not sure where you would go with that. I'm sure making a fort with five different partitions will probably be a popular idea.

Lastly, I'm very used to the standard DF tileset, and am unfamiliar with graphic sets. I tried using init to not use graphics, but for some reason all the colors got messed up when I did so. Could anyone let me know if there is an easy way to, say, set a few options to change it back or are the raw settings causing this and it would be a pain to change?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 05:19:24 pm »

Wow that is a bug that never came to my attention in weeks and weeks of playing... I guess none of my pikmin were ever so inactive that they never hunted vermin lol. The reason that that tag was on them was in order to get them to attack the vermin, much like pikmin attack creatures that come close to them in the game. I took it out in my raws and so that shouldn't be an issue in the next version. I'm glad you enjoy the mod though, realistic (in relation to the Pikmin game itself) environment was what I was aiming for.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5