Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should be the next primary goal?

Combat drugs, chemistry, venoms and antidotes
Domestic robots (healers, cleaners, cyberdogs, robobrain)
Overhaul of good areas (terraformed)
New semimegabeast and megabeast types
Secrets and mutations (vampires, pyromancy, telekinesis etc)
More minor races (slavers, treeminders, evil ghouls)
More industry (concrete factory, cryogenics, trading post)
Advanced adventure mode crafting
Post-war geology (concrete, debris, radioactive waste, stashes)
Dfhack (poisoned weapons, companion order, other plugins)

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 56

Author Topic: [0.34.x] FALLOUT MOD || Post-apocalypse || A nuclear adventure!  (Read 126815 times)

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FALLOUT 2.2] || Post-apocalypse || A nuclear adventure!
« Reply #660 on: February 02, 2014, 12:26:30 pm »

Oh, and both Gunsmith's forge and Generator use capital G.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 24, 2014, 06:37:28 pm »

How did you make the world look like earth?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 25, 2014, 02:17:45 am »

Oh, and both Gunsmith's forge and Generator use capital G.
Thanks, I will fix it eventually :).

How did you make the world look like earth?
You can tweak map settings to create custom maps in DF.

I also got massive amounts of lag in the wilderness of the North America worldgen map... I was also finding huge amounts of living things compared to normal worlds.

Also, I tried to set up in the first cave I found. Unfortunately it was full of about 500 enclave losers. Fortunately I picked super mutant and am very slowly working through them... 126 kills. I have to wait 5-10 seconds between every action though so it's going to take a very long time.

I tried using a different worldgen preset, the 129x129 one at 100 years. So far things are much smoother. Maybe it's just the North America worldgen preset doing something weird?
I was actually waiting for the new DF release, because scrap piles growing items (new tree functionality) and a lot of other stuff sounds fantastic for the mod. But since it's a long lasting issue, I will review creature populations. I think making 2 sets of raws for fortress and adventure would be not a bad idea. Currently the creature numbers are increased dramatically to increase fortress mode fun. It was supposed to increase creature variety in adv. mode as well, but maybe it's a bit too much and people with weaker CPU/lower memory might experience issues with it.

Just to make sure that it's not some bug in DF causing it and a real performance issue, what are your system specs (a question meant for guys experiencing slowdown in wilderness)?

Greets good deon,
i'm wondering, if i were to write up a quick tutorial for this, like i did for putties fortbent, if you would use it?
i really like this mod, and it seems p easy to explain, once you get it. i just wouldn't want to write it and have it drown in the recesses of the thread. also, who is that sultry voice who i unceasingly jam to as i start up the game?
I am sorry that I missed your proposition, I really appreciate that you like the mod :). I was just away from modding for some time and now I am coming back, I just needed a time away from DF to desire playing/modding it again.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:26:03 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
« Reply #663 on: March 31, 2014, 09:59:37 am »

Is there a Soundsense pack specifically for this mod?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 07, 2014, 07:52:49 am »

I downloaded it to give it a go, and it runs at 5 fps or so on embark, when I usually get 100+ with vanilla DF, and only hit 5 fps after year 20 or so. Any tips on making it run at a playable speed?

Edit: Nevermind. :-\ Oddly enough, everything sped up after I'd played through a tedious week or two ingame.

Hi, I got a small problem.

I recently decided to play this mod once again but for some reason I can't seem to open any crates. My Inventor's Bench gives me the option to open one or more of the several crate types but when selected, my trapper still has 'no job' and eventually the option for opening the crate turns red again while it still remains as an active job to be done.

Any clue on what went wrong?
I'm getting this issue too, though. I have alchemists available, as well as unopened crates, but the job list remains red.

reedit: Figured it out. The problem was, I had the inventor's bench encompassed by a burrow. Deleting it solved the issue.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 01:25:46 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Terry Lennox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 07, 2014, 09:20:27 pm »

Is there a list with all the mod specific items and the categories they get sorted to?

I'm having an impossible time making stockpiles because I can't find the categories I want.

I.E.: where do I put saltpeter, sulfur, computer parts, wiring, prewar crates, etc.

I'm trying to make a specific stockpile to keep all the techie things in their own pile.  Scrap logs go to pile which feeds the Scrapyard which should then feed its output to a stockpile that feeds the Tinkerer's Bench and the Gunsmith's forge.

Also, the FPS for this mod seem to be really low.  I'm getting 60s and sometimes 40s with less than 50 dwarves.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 08, 2014, 12:01:30 am »

That FPS drain could be caused by DFHack scripts which provide item effects, I will take a look at that if you want.

I haven't created a full list of all added items, but most of tech stuff is in tools.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Terry Lennox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 08, 2014, 06:01:20 pm »

If it'll help you, I'll be glad to post the save. 

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 09, 2014, 03:01:42 am »

Could you just try to start the save temporary removing dfhack.init from the root folder? Don't forget to put it back because it is required for many things, but let me know if launching the game without DFHack initialized speeds it up.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #669 on: April 09, 2014, 03:32:00 am »

Hey deon, have you seen the things that IndigoFenix wrote for the Gnomes in MDF? Tesla coils and dynamos, yes/no/and/or integers for traps and dwarfputing, automated furnaces and conveyor belts, electricity... many things that fit the more scifi regions of your mod here. :)

Maybe you can use some of the scripts yourself. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 09, 2014, 12:00:01 pm »

I missed so much lately, thank you for heads up!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Terry Lennox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 10, 2014, 05:35:04 pm »

Could you just try to start the save temporary removing dfhack.init from the root folder? Don't forget to put it back because it is required for many things, but let me know if launching the game without DFHack initialized speeds it up.

Yep, this added at least 30fps to the game.  It used to run at least at 50~60fps and after removing dfhack.init, the FPS climbed and stayed at ~90 fps.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 11, 2014, 12:13:18 am »

Thanks, I guess I will have to make some scripts optional for the next release. Itemsyndrome which allows power armor actively checks alive creatures for equipment and syndromes on equipment, so I guess in wilderness and with many units it slows everything down.

You can put dfhack.init back but open it with text editor and remove the line called "itemsyndrome". You may have to use some advanced text editor like Notepad++ if regular notepad cannot separate lines properly.
It will get rid of some stuff like power armor giving strength bonus/tactical helmets increasing skills etc, but everything else will work.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:17:13 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 11, 2014, 12:20:43 am »

With r4, itemsyndrome shouldn't be slowing down stuff much at all...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 11, 2014, 02:40:11 am »

Yep, I need to update it then, thank you Putnam!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 56